Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:
7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

eight foot giants 😂

Yes, those permanoobs who just log in for a quickie do tend to run taller.  😂

They sound like "Greys" (alients) or "Slendermen"! How terrifying!

In Galaxy Quest (1999), when the aliens try to probe the crew, Sigourney  Weaver's character (the only woman) is inspected with a gynecologist's  speculum. : r/MovieDetails

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

The only solution would be for LL to hire a bunch of agents and park them at those places, then have them try and engage people in AP. As messed up as that would be, I feel like that is literally the only way to stop this behavior.

Oh yes.. LL using bots to entrap and ban their customers. That's a great plan.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

It's actually something I should have done long ago.. It's not safe to post on your account here or other places, as people who disagree WILL cause you problems, aim to destroy you, and even haunt you from platform to platform - all over simple disagreements, ideological differences or some perceived slight. Something to consider if you want to continue on these forums.

I've been on this forum, and its predecessor, since 2008. I'm not particularly quiet here either.

I have never, in all that time, been hunted or harassed -- at least not beyond a very occasional IM. Anyone trying to destroy me apparently has singularly poor aim.

You're not maybe exaggerating a tad???

We're mostly pretty nice here actually. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've been on this forum, and its predecessor, since 2008. I'm not particularly quiet here either.

I have never, in all that time, been hunted or harassed -- at least not beyond a very occasional IM. Anyone trying to destroy me apparently has singularly poor aim.

Experiences may vary depending on what is popular opinion.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

The only solution would be for LL to hire a bunch of agents and park them at those places, then have them try and engage people in AP. As messed up as that would be, I feel like that is literally the only way to stop this behavior.

these are advertised clubs, they arent secret. just search lolita in the inworld search 😁

• Like 2

I'm going back to just worrying about my own self because my brain is now fried from worrying about the entire SL population's compliance with the new TOS 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Codex Alpha said:

Ah ok. Well, it's true I have long been enslaved to the Hivemind.

But they feed me well and I get occasional treats. You know -- a forum noob who's gone astray and won't be missed. That kind of thing.

😏

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

i get tattled on for mean* posts, or being un pc, but outside of sl? naw.

*mean as in they dont appreciate my sence of humor

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

Codex, you just need to learn how to tell people they're idiots in a sneaky way. Don't be direct. That's the trick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Yes, the realistic height trend is defo growing

For some reason  this line made me laugh.. hehehe

I just picture kid streamers on youtube doing shorts. 

Just hit my growth spurt, check it out Fam!

We're gonna literally  need like literally 100,000 likes on this  to keep it up, so hit the like button and subscribe and don't forget to ring the bell. like literally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

For some reason  this line made me laugh.. hehehe

I just picture kid streamers on youtube doing shorts. 

Just hit my growth spurt, check it out Fam!

We're gonna literally  need like literally 100,000 likes on this  to keep it up, so hit the like button and subscribe and don't forget to ring the bell. like literally.

We hittin' 6 foot, fr no cap! LiKe AnD sUbScRiBe!!!111

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

No one is banning sex but we could all do just fine with fewer permanoob sex accounts.  They rarely, if ever, own or rent land.  They don't have premium accounts.  They often never make a purchase as noted by their Freebie Galaxy attire.  The one thing they do seem to purchase is a peen.  Usually not edited to fit properly or colored correctly.  YMMV.  This isn't entirely male avatars either.  The females played by men in RL are pretty much the same minus (or not) the peen.  😁

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 10:19 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

We all know of the new war on child avatars, but any avatar under 18 will eventually be included,

from the TOS:

---------------------------------

Q: How do you define a child avatar?

A: We are relying on the community to use their best judgment to determine if they are using a child avatar or not. Creating a list of specifications for something like this can be a slippery slope, and we certainly don’t want to give out directions on how to circumvent any policies. If a reasonable person would look at the features of your avatar and consider it underage, we would recommend not engaging in adult activities on that account. Apart from considering the avatar's appearance, the team considers various other factors, such as the purpose for which the avatar is being used.

As mentioned in other Q&As, general physical characteristics that apply to adults as well as children such as avatar height, being of slim or petite build, gender identity (such as non-binary or gender non-conforming), or ethnicity are not sole or intrinsic qualities that might qualify an avatar as a child avatar.

-------------------------

I am 5 ft 5 inches tall, fully adult, have always represented myself as an adult and yet, i'm concerned.

I've not seen a clarification if under 18 avatars are allowed on A rated sims or not, obviously child avatars are banned, but no mention of say 17 year olds.

I'm short, sometimes I wear a young hair style, young looking clothes, sneakers, will all these combined cause someone to say, "oh no a child avi on adult land" when I tp home.. "AR them"?

They say height is not the determining factor, but I say it is.

If I wore the exact same outfit but was 7 ft tall, they wouldn't touch me, obviously an adult... but short... well AR them and see right?

I'm afraid the war on child avis will eventually encompass short adults, and every time you log in, you will run the risk of being ARed

bjdressed02.png

kidavatars.jpg

Edited by Deepert

Posted (edited)

Some people can't seen to tell the difference from a teenager, child or a adult who says woman can't have curves? some people can grow well into their 20's and some women grow until they're like 19/20 sometimes. People's bodies can change and it depends on person.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Some people can't seen to tell the difference from a teenager or a adult who says woman can't have curves some people can grow well into their 20's and some women grow until they're like 19/20 sometimes. People's bodies can change and it depends on person.

you are right Wincil   i geuss LL should make then also new TOS policy on the teens as so far i know Linden labs merged the teen grid with this  second life?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Deepert said:

you are right Wincil   i geuss LL should make then also new TOS policy on the teens as so far i know Linden labs merged the teen grid with this  second life?

Well second life did used to have a teen gird at one point it now merged with the main gird now. Anyone under 18 would of been limited when it comes to sim choices.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Deepert said:

The new TOS covers anyone presenting as under 18, including teens. No need for a separate one.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

The new TOS covers anyone presenting as under 18, including teens. No need for a separate one.

i know but its not about that its about  who is looking underaged and who is not that makes it all less eazy here of course we talk about Human Avatars,

as for fantasy avatars you can not really see this

Edited by Deepert

Posted (edited)

I’m 5 ft 5, the shortest i could go using total avatar height, im sure one could go shorter buy shrinking individual components. Suppose one does want to *****, they meet a willing partner in their adult height, then they go off someplace she swaps shapes…. voila an early teen, they are done the adult shape goes back. the whole event is undetectable.

Oh by the way, i have all my old shapes, just by swapping shapes I could be 6 ft 2 again,  same proportions as now, unquestionably an adult , instead of hmmm is she or isnt she 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed height
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

How long before LL employs bounty hunters? interact with a young looking avatar, get them to clearly admit their young age and intentions, then AR them for a cool Grand. No one would know for sure if the person they are engaging with is one or not.

It would really put a chill on all such banned activity. 

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
fixed stuff
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

How long before LL employs bounty hunters? interact with a young looking avatar, get them to clearly admit their young age and intentions, then AR them for a cool Grand. No one would know for sure if the person they are engaging with is one or not.

It would really put a chill on all such banned activity. 

I've no doubt there are those out there who will do it completely for free!