So what changed in the Terms of Service?

3 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Wow - bringing up legal issues is off-topic but several pages of pigtails is so on-topic?

This is beyond ridiculous

The subject of how avatar appearance will affect any decision governance makes is relevant but yeah, a multi-page debate about what pigtails are is a little extreme.

This (seemingly inconsequential) ongoing argument does illustrate one thing though, the vast difference in perceptions and individual definitions of these things is clearly contentious and just because someone views their avatar a certain way is no guarantee that others won't have an entirely different perception.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:
9 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

Wow - bringing up legal issues is off-topic but several pages of pigtails is so on-topic?

The subject of how avatar appearance will affect any decision governance makes is relevant but yeah, a multi-page debate about what pigtails are is a little extreme.

It's only proof that people will argue about anything.  REASONABLE people - like me - know what pigtails are, and that they are "more common" on younger females.  IMHO!

10 minutes ago, Flower Caerndow said:

"Legal Issues" are something between LL, their Lawyers, and who ever might sue them, and THEIR lawyers.

Not part of "what the New ToS says, and why some people don't like it.

Theoretically, the pigtails stuff, is part of the "what does a ToS Violation avatar look like" debate, but blame that mostly on a certain pseudo-intellectual pontificating about "dictionary definitions" when he can't even get the word right, pigtail not piggytail.

• Like 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

It's only proof that people will argue about anything.  REASONABLE people - like me - know what pigtails are, and that they are "more common" on younger females.  IMHO!

[highlighting mine]

And I'm sure in your humble opinion you're representative of "REASONABLE people", however are you really so sure that everyone else shares that opinion?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

This (seemingly inconsequential) ongoing argument does illustrate one thing though, the vast difference in perceptions and individual definitions of these things is clearly contentious and just because someone views their avatar a certain way is no guarantee that others won't have an entirely different perception.

How one perceives an avatar's age AND the modesty panel seem to be the only ambiguous parts, IMO, of the new rules.  WHY LL imposed the new rules is irrelevant to the discussion but people keep bringing it up.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I agree, and I also believe at least some of this can be cleared up in the TOS by specifying whether or not teen avatars require modesty layers. If it turns out that no, anyone using an adult body to present as 13-17+ does not need modesty layers built-in (but should do this and/or this instead), we can pretty much drop all this goofy hair panic because at that point, we're talking about a very specific set of bodies.

• Like 5

Just now, Fluffy Sharkfin said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

[highlighting mine]

And I'm sure in your humble opinion you're representative of "REASONABLE people", however are you really so sure that everyone else shares that opinion?

Sorry - me using all caps for 'reasonable' in referring to myself, was intended to be 'self-deprecating' irony (humor).  I hoped most people would get that! 😞

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

WHY LL imposed the new rules is irrelevant to the discussion but people keep bringing it up.  

Agree - you, I, and a few others try to stay on top of that.  It's hard to sometimes notice someone is discussing "WHY", before that turned into a few posts.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

If the ToS is talking about child avatars and someone brings up something they consider child or childish then it's still on topic to debate about what's in the tos and what makes a child avatar, so hairstyle would be apart of that.

What I am saying is that they should leave hairstyles out of this because adult women wear these hairstyles and that outfits are not complete without that one hairstyle that makes it lovely. And, sometimes that hairstyle can be pigtails, or ponytails.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

[highlighting mine]

And I'm sure in your humble opinion you're representative of "REASONABLE people", however are you really so sure that everyone else shares that opinion

the conversation is about policing hair. Reasonable was never involved. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry - me using all caps for 'reasonable' in referring to myself, was intended to be 'self-deprecating' irony (humor).  I hoped most people would get that! 😞

I didn't but if it's any consolation it did make me laugh when you pointed it out.

(I probably wouldn't have hit the laugh button regardless, it's used far too passive-aggressively a lot of the time and I wouldn't want to offend you!)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Ignoring the constant and repeated violations of the forum participation guidelines won‘t help anyone but the violator.

Seeing none of those posts disappear it's possible there's less breaching of the guidelines than you think.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

IMHO!

I've yet to see anyone who uses "IMHO" on any forum, newspaper letter page, or anywhere else as ever being humble.

And seldom does the "humble opinion" that follows have any merit.

I used to work along side a woman in her 50's who wore he hair in a tight bun during work hours, but in the pub after work, would let her hair down into two very long pigtails that as she liked to boast "reached from hairline to hairline".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hair is 'policed' so much in RL, I assume it is policed the same in SL.

Perhaps, but it's not like LL are likely to add "hair policies" to the TOS any time soon (or ever)! 😅

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

IMHO!

I've yet to see anyone who uses "IMHO" on any forum, newspaper letter page, or anywhere else as ever being humble.

The intended emphasis is not on "humble"; it is on "opinion".  Thanks for any effort you make in respecting my opinion.

• Moles

Hey gang!

Please remember to stay on topic (whatever the topic has become ...) and not get sidetracked into discussions about hair styles.  And please remember that flaming and personal attacks are not allowed. It is difficult to hold your temper in the heat of a fast-moving discussion, I know, but please do your best. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Fluffy Sharkfin said:
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hair is 'policed' so much in RL, I assume it is policed the same in SL.

Perhaps, but it's not like LL are likely to add "hair policies" to the TOS any time soon (or ever)! 😅

I suspect you're joking because of the ongoing discussion.

I'll reframe my entire reason for bringing up "pigtails" AGAIN: It is the "entire package" that is taken into account when someone is judged as young, not just the "height". 🙂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

This is literally you buying land in regions popular with/catering to vehicle pilots and crying foul.

Off topic and 100% wrong.

I bought the land when it was UNPOPULAR, and nobody went there who didn't LIVE there.

The griefers arrived later to assert their right to my land.

This is exactly the same as the not-children.

The Adult Region owners I know bought A rated land for their Adult friends and Adult pastimes. Then your clique show up demanding their "rights" and getting all butthurt when it's explained to them that they have none with a puntkick.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dyna Mole said:

Hey gang!

Please remember to stay on topic (whatever the topic has become ...) and not get sidetracked into discussions about hair styles.  And please remember that flaming and personal attacks are not allowed. It is difficult to hold your temper in the heat of a fast-moving discussion, I know, but please do your best. 

Thanks! 

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And seldom does the "humble opinion" that follows have any merit.

I used to work along side a woman in her 50's who wore he hair in a tight bun during work hours, but in the pub after work, would let her hair down into two very long pigtails that as she liked to boast "reached from hairline to hairline".

To be fair though, in some cases the pigtails wouldn't necessarily have to reach further than than down to her chin, so not that long.

• Haha 2

Thinking about a scenario I posed earlier, I think it's a shame that two adults can't roleplay being teenagers in love in SL. I hope if they're found in violation it would be treated less harshly via the TOS than would a much older person in sexual contact with a child or teen.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thinking about a scenario I posed earlier, I think it's a shame that two adults can't roleplay being teenagers in love in SL. I hope if they're found in violation it would be treated less harshly via the TOS than would a much older person in sexual contact with a child or teen.

Didn't I say to you once that SL is a terrible platform for therapy? This is another great example.

• Thanks 5