So what changed in the Terms of Service?

• Moles
Posted (edited)

Gentle reminder that the Forum Participation Guidelines include the following

We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

Posts that discuss the status of any Resident account (e.g., on hold, suspended, etc.)

Since no one other than the Governance team and the permabanned avatar know what happened, I think any further discussions of how someone (or someone else's friend, or someone on Reddit) may or may not come to have been permabanned should be avoided.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Madi Melodious said:

How does this tos affect a chid avatar listing things on the market place?  I'm thinking of doing some art online, nothing adult themed, but there might be some moderate content.  The tos covers items directed towards child avatars but nothing sold by said avatars.

Children are allowed on moderate land so selling moderate items on the MP wouldn't be a problem.  If it were adult, personally, I'd use another account to be safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

This was from hours ago, but in case it's not yet apparent: People have read the hell out of that Child Avatar Policy and the associated (but not included) FAQ, both of which may be subject to revision and certainly clarification. And in their current state, they do not say what you think you read. They might end up being interpreted to mean what you think you read. Or not. A big share of the pages of this thread are devoted to that problem. Read it as many times as you want, the problem is still there.

I know. I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm wrong. I'm not interpreting the words like others. Yep, used to that around here. I need to see a therapist. I need to touch grass. Everyone else is all so knowledgeable. I think I'll go eat worms!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Children are allowed on moderate land so selling moderate items on the MP wouldn't be a problem.  If it were adult, personally, I'd use another account to be safe.

I get the thinking on this BUT all it needs is a quick change and bam, you're an adult avi. Why would they need to use another account? They just couldn't be in their store as a child avi. On the marketplace, I'm not sure it matters. It's the resident that is selling it not how the avatar presents themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I get the thinking on this BUT all it needs is a quick change and bam, you're an adult avi. Why would they need to use another account? They just couldn't be in their store as a child avi. On the marketplace, I'm not sure it matters. It's the resident that is selling it not how the avatar presents themselves.

I just wouldn't want my child account connected to adult products but that just me.  If I were to have a child avatar account, it would be in no way connected to my adult.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Indy Melody said:

I can't find the revelant documents now, but there are a handful violations other than CP that are automatic ban situations. Selling Lindens outside the LindenX is one I believe.

I believe that's true.  This is another one, depending on the circumstances:

Impersonation of another user, stealing another user’s identity, or claiming recognition for content created by another user are all strictly prohibited. Additionally, the impersonation of a Linden Lab employee will result in immediate account termination.

And large scale global attacks on the SL infrastructure

And then there's A*Play, again depending on the circumstances.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just wouldn't want my child account connected to adult products but that just me.  If I were to have a child avatar account, it would be in no way connected to my adult.  

Ok , you are missing the point. We don't have "child accounts" or "adult accounts"  It's all how you present yourself on the platform. I could have an account that was a child avatar for 10 years and switch to an adult and no one would be the wiser or even know I was ever a child.

I think maybe there are under 18 accounts but that is an account of a real person under 18? I don't know I've never seen them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Ok , you are missing the point. We don't have "child accounts" or "adult accounts"  It's all how you present yourself on the platform. I could have an account that was a child avatar for 10 years and switch to an adult and no one would be the wiser or even know I was ever a child.

I think maybe there are under 18 accounts but that is an account of a real person under 18? I don't know I've never seen them.

I won't be posting any adult art.  Frankly that art has never appealed to me.  I'll probably just stick to basic G till things get more sorted out.    

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

No, I understand.  I can do both on Rowan.  However, IF I wanted to have a child avatar, i, personally, would use a separate account.  No one has to do that, that's just how I would do it.  Same as if I wanted to use a male avatar.  I'd make another account.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

People are creating situations and making them more difficult than they need to be. 

If I only went around in world as a dog does that mean I can't sell an adult vajaja on the marketplace. Unlikely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No, I understand.  I can do both on Rowan.  However, IF I wanted to have a child avatar, i, personally, would use a separate account.  No one has to do that, that's just how I would do it.  Same as if I wanted to use a male avatar.  I'd make another account.

Ok, :) yeah I have another account for my male avatar as it may look a bit weird if my legacy name was kathlen.onyx and my tag said "Chuck". Might be hard to convince people I was really male. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

People are creating situations and making them more difficult than they need to be. 

If I only went around in world as a dog does that mean I can't sell an adult vajaja on the marketplace. Unlikely.

True.  I'm just thinking that people who immerse themselves in their character may not want to be message about an adult product while doing a fun childhood activity inworld.  Would be kind of icky.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

🤣😅🤣

Perfect.... I snorted my tea.

Almost as funny as the 200 page plague(sic) award 😝

Runs. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

How does this tos affect a chid avatar listing things on the market place?  I'm thinking of doing some art online, nothing adult themed, but there might be some moderate content.  The tos covers items directed towards child avatars but nothing sold by said avatars.

I think LL would look at the seller on MP as the account holder, having nothing to do with how their avatar looks inworld (or on the forums).

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You should split accounts.

I have a friend who was temp banned for having a teen AV on and having an adult group showing in her profile... easy to mess something up like that, better to keep it all separate accounts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

I have a friend who was temp banned for having a teen AV on and having an adult group showing in her profile... easy to mess something up like that, better to keep it all separate accounts.

The most adult thing I have in my profile is DFS trading group. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

That might be different as I think TEEN accounts are not adult accounts. If they did have an adult group on a TEEN account they should have been temp banned. Lucky it was only temporary.

If it was an adult account and she was just wearing a teen avi then I would 1. question if that was the reason and/or 2. ask if it was LL or a landowner that banned her. 3. wonder if she stretched the truth on why she was temp banned.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

That might be different as I think TEEN accounts are not adult accounts. If they did have an adult group on a TEEN account they should have been temp banned. Lucky it was only temporary.

If it was an adult account and she was just wearing a teen avi then I would 1. question if that was the reason and/or 2. ask if it was LL or a landowner that banned her. 3. wonder if she stretched the truth on why she was temp banned.

nothing to do with the account, it was a normal account by an adult.  I just said her avatar she was playing was a teen, she would switch back and forth. Having anything that appears "adult" (aka sexual) related with an avatar that is, or looks like, 17 or under is against the rules.  That apparently includes just text in profiles or groups that are showing.  Yes that was the reason she was temp banned, she got an email where LL told her that.  I am just saying I suggest not trying to switch between child avatars and adult avatars on the same account, its safer to make a new account and keep the account you want to use a child avatar on completely PG related in every single way.... profile, picks, groups, whatever.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

nothing to do with the account, it was a normal account by an adult.  I just said her avatar she was playing was a teen, she would switch back and forth. Having anything that appears "adult" (aka sexual) related with an avatar that is, or looks like, 17 or under is against the rules.  That apparently includes just text in profiles or groups that are showing.  Yes that was the reason she was temp banned, she got an email where LL told her that.  I am just saying I suggest not trying to switch between child avatars and adult avatars on the same account, its safer to make a new account and keep the account you want to use a child avatar on completely PG related in every single way.... profile, picks, groups, whatever.

Ok. well we are not supposed to talk about banned accounts but all that you just typed is wrong and not against the rules. So....

• Like 2