So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I figured they meant, 'My money is gay'?

Money won't fix the problems discussed here, although if they did, I'd post a meme with Fry from "Futurama" tossing cash while saying, "Take my money!"

(See how hard that was instead of just posting the meme? Maybe it's OK to post memes if they are on-topic?)

Hahah I love that meme, yes indeed you have a very good point. I think most points on here have been valid (apart from the ones who are trying hard to angry legitimize and provoke perm-aggressive sexual politics here). Saying that, the "Pink Pound" is always King. 

But yeah, I think people are maybe placing these ideals because they love SL and the product. I mean we all do, most of us value it. But people do have a right to complain, they do have a right to air aggrievances to a proper port of access. LL needs to move up with the times and work to the needs of its residents (all of them).  Not one rule for one etc... and there is too much of that and too many people abusing liberties while wishing liberties taken from others. That's very clear and often its coming from the same sectors of people, that have NO PLACE to talk. Absolutely none... example if i see someone performing bestialities in a G or moderate shopping mall, I have the right to report that person and subsequently banned. If there is constant trolling, they too have to go. There is no consistency and there really is not, its been proved constantly. There should be no ambiguity !!

But wait till you see the complaint of people trying to legitimize such things. They will all up about their rights then.  :P

Goes both ways, you see? 

Edited by Grayson Blakewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wincil said:

Tbh Im also in favour of Second life expanding.

If they were to expand it would be preferable in my opinion if they did it by creating a separate grid, SecondLife 2.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If they were to expand it would be preferable in my opinion if they did it by creating a separate grid, SecondLife 2.

I don't think there is any need of a SecondLife 2 or a separate grid for that don't really see how that's preferable and besides second life would want to expand anyway. 

Edited by Wincil

1 hour ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

There is NO duress.

You agree, or you go away.

SL is neither a necessity or a human right.

Meh, it is a boiler plate contract. I don't mind leaving, just give me my Inventory and I'll go my merry way to another grid.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Don't worry.  They did mention age verification may be coming.  😁

Great, I don't mind age verifying as long as they lay off child avatar presenting rules for those that do,

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Meh, it is a boiler plate contract. I don't mind leaving, just give me my Inventory and I'll go my merry way to another grid.

Exactly, give me my inventory, if I agree that the service I pay for is not what I have expected over time through a companies own protocol. If it is NOT treating its residents equally across the board, then people should have the right to their assets and / or... a way out of compensation. That is fair discourse !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grayson Blakewell said:

Exactly, give me my inventory, if I agree that the service I pay for is not what I have expected over time through a companies own protocol. If it is NOT treating its residents equally across the board, then people should have the right to their assets and / or... a way out of compensation. That is fair discourse !!

If they change the rules part way through in such a way that it affects my identity and how I play, then yes.

• Moles

Gentle reminder that the Linden Lab Official:Forum Participation Guidelines say, among other things

Moderation decisions are made to provide you with a productive environment for conversations about Second Life. We understand that sometimes those decisions may not be the popular one, but we ask that you understand the moderation decisions are always made with the best of intentions for the community. We prohibit abuse of our moderation process, including the following:

• Posts that discuss or re-post material that has been removed or locked by a moderator

And, as a point of information, we don't always wait for someone to report a post if we see something that appears to be contrary to the guidelines.   We sometimes moderate proactively.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Main Grid Channel restarts 9 mins ago, and since I live in SL - I will be busy for an hour.  Please keep it under 210 pages before I return.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Of.course they can but you did say you were running into naked people "all the time".

The one sure way to avoid that, since we're concerned about the children, is to just do family trips to General.  I'm really wondering what types of places you're taking them that have all these random naked people,.though.   It's just not been my experience in 15 years.

Still catching up, I'm only on page 194 but feel the need to comment.

You will almost never find me in adult land anymore, but I have lived and owned land in Zindra a few times. Each time I moved away it was due to neighbors who were constantly in my face with their behavior, which is why they were in Zindra. I never said anything to them of course, because it was MY problem. Honestly in my twenty years in SL I've been to a nude beach twice. The first time because my then partner teleported me there. I didn't stay long. I prefer to take part in naked activities in the privacy of my own home.

Now more to the subject. Even though I do not frequent adult regions I still see naked peeps rather frequently. I see them shopping in moderate regions. I see them shopping events even in general regions. When I see naked peeps shopping I don't focus on them to see if their just trying on stuff or if being naked is actually their preference. I really don't care. I haven't seen naked peeps doing anything sexual since I left Zindra. 

I'm wondering if "just" being topless in the Blake, or anywhere else, really qualifies as being nude honestly. I don't think topless is the same as nude. But I don't know how others see that.

• Like 12

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Oh he wasn't talking about all the people you are pretending to defend.

Even so the snippet of yours that I launched from is still valid, even if I disagree with some of the things he said.

2 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

And, as a point of information, we don't always wait for someone to report a post if we see something that appears to be contrary to the guidelines.   We sometimes moderate proactively.

Oops, sorry if I misinformed. It chaps my tail when people claim "false reports", I trust you guys more than most people do!

• Thanks 1

Come to think of it, a few, very few times the naked avatars I've seen were females being pulled around on a chain, so in those cases the nudity would seem to be very intentional.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Digging deeper, we cannot know about "reports", as unless posts are removed (due to being off-topic, etc.) and a Moderator posts about the removal, there is no context.  In addition, individual users really are not supposed to post in detail about moderation (because it is in general both off-topic, and other reasons too - revealing Moderation details just tempts some to push the boundaries). 

HOWEVER: In the context of the current thread, if someone were for instance to post opinions or statements about the TOS changes that targeted individuals, anyone has the ability to report those posts. 

IF a user receives a message from a Moderator, then "by definition" the report was not "false". 

Moderators in the Forum will never message you about a "false report", and you will never even know about a "report" unless you get a message from a Moderator.

So, it is best in general to stay on topic about the TOS changes (as much as possible), not let emotions rise to the point of bickering and calling out others, not naming and shaming, etc. etc. 

Summary: Follow the Forum Community Guidelines and everything will be fine.  Even "the best of us" occasionally get messages from Moderators.

Who did you report? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Grayson Blakewell said:

No but I would sure just want you out, not going lie.  but not for what you are, for your stance, your aggression and your constant stirring up in drama. You people are the reasons SL has gone downhill over the last decade.  This is what I was saying, you possibly go through SL running your mouth and anger where people retract, putting words in peoples mouth and projecting your social politics (however warped and onsides they are) . Not me madam, I'll put you in your place, you sound as if you need it. 

Gentle Forumite, may I suggest you consider using the Block/Ignore feature. It is the general solution to Forum drama.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

You will almost never find me in adult land anymore, but I have lived and owned land in Zindra a few times. Each time I moved away it was due to neighbors who were constantly in my face with their behavior, which is why they were in Zindra. I never said anything to them of course, because it was MY problem. Honestly in my twenty years in SL I've been to a nude beach twice. The first time because my then partner teleported me there. I didn't stay long. I prefer to take part in naked activities in the privacy of my own home.

Now more to the subject. Even though I do not frequent adult regions I still see naked peeps rather frequently. I see them shopping in moderate regions. I see them shopping events even in general regions. When I see naked peeps shopping I don't focus on them to see if their just trying on stuff or if being naked is actually their preference. I really don't care. I haven't seen naked peeps doing anything sexual since I left Zindra. 

I'm wondering if "just" being topless in the Blake, or anywhere else, really qualifies as being nude honestly. I don't think topless is the same as nude. But I don't know how others see that.

This was part of the reason I got so huffy about changing rules for moderate yesterday. Or banning adults to adult land. I personally don't want to live somewhere where my neighbor can freely boff in the streets or have tentacle toys all around their front yard. 

Sure I go topless on occasion in the Blake. I wear sheer clothes to some extent when shopping on moderate but yeah I don't wander around completely nude on moderate and I rarely run into people that do unless it's a place where it's promoted or encouraged. 

I think encouraging rules against adults on moderate isn't the way to go. It's already pretty chill out there. Let the land owners continue to make their own rules as it has been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

if "just" being topless in the Blake, or anywhere else, really qualifies as being nude honestly. I don't think topless is the same as nude. But I don't know how others see that.

It's probably a less severe form of nudity. In RL people in the UK would react very differently to a child in a swimsuit next to a woman wearing bikini bottoms but nothing up top compared to the same scenario but with a fully nude man. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Who did you report? Asking for a friend.

Nobody. I was just trying to combat misinformation.  In doing so, I inadvertently suggested that all "Reports" originate with users (not Moderators themselves). Oops!

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Did you not notice in the TOS, it's not your inventory. Even if you create something in SL, it's not yours really. It clearly states it's LL's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The only naked ones I have seen (having never been to those naked beaches) are the occasional noobie popping into an Adult club proudly displaying their newly purchased dangling d*ck. It's rather gross but easy enough to avert my eyes or derender the flasher. Other then that I just see the occasional bare breasted females which is ok though not sure if I am allowed now under the new laws.

2 minutes ago, Indy Melody said:

Did you not notice in the TOS, it's not your inventory. Even if you create something in SL, it's not yours really. It clearly states it's LL's.

Wrong thread for discussions about that but thank you for having read my post.

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Great, I don't mind age verifying as long as they lay off child avatar presenting rules for those that do,

Since your RL age isn't what the new rules are concerned with, I don't see how it would make a difference.  I was directing my comment concerning minors having access to an adult platform.  Most minors would probably be using an adult avatar, IMO.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On the topic of "naked people sightings", I've seen naked noob female avatars flitting around Furry clubs before. 

The "noob" part is obvious in part with how they moved around the club exploring (avatar details aside).