So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't want to make things more difficult for all of us, but maybe we need to look again at what should be considered Adult activity.

Why are strip clubs ok on Moderate land? I can see Burlesque being classified as art, but burlesque dancers tend to keep on their g-strings. To my mind, a simple strip dance actually is intended to arouse sexual feelings, so this could be considered sexual nudity. Maybe strip clubs should be on Adult land? I think most of the ones I've been to in SL were on Adult land, though back in the day when they were more common, it was normal for them to be on Moderate land.

It's probably because they are behind closed door or inside.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You haven't lost the "right" to anything. Just look different.  I mean if I went into an adoption agency wearing a tiny string bikini I'm pretty sure I'd be told to go change. In FACT there is an adoption agency that if you have ANYTHING adult in your profile you can't even go there and risk getting banned from that region. How is THAT fair?

How about their sim, their rules?   Let's be clear here, you never have a right to have access to a private sim that someone else is paying for.  That goes for adult, furry, scally, or child avatars, period.   A sim owner can boot your butt from their sim for any reason whatsoever and there is nothing fair or unfair about it.

This is one of things I've had to pound into people that come to my estate, park on our beaches and claim they are on a public beach and can do what ever they want too.  No, you are not on a public beach.  You are on a beach that is open to the public in a private sim. 

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Really? How many other "items of clothing" in SL generate this many rules and angst? Or have legal ramifications?

Let's put this to the test.

If you ran across a child avatar in SL engaged in inappropriate sexual activity with an adult avatar, you'd be disgusted and upset, right? I can assure you that most people would be, even if you wouldn't.

Now, name an item of clothing or entire outfit that would generate the same disgust if you ran across someone having sex wearing it.

Can you think of any?

Child avis are an identity, not an item of clothing. Not an outfit. Everything we're doing here, all of the laws written against child p*rn, are predicated on that assumption. We wouldn't be having this discussion about anything else that you could put on or take off in SL.

The modesty panel/layer will be a sign and identifier of a child avi, even if they are naked at a beach, so it's not quite correct.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You make up a lot of different outfits, try a younger look and go to a few clubs to see the reaction you get after immersing yourself in an actual younger role. May take a few times to understand but then at least you'll have a better idea and won't be leaving these confused reactions on my posts.

Really goes for the lot of you who think you know and really show you haven't a clue.

How young do you want me to look?  I'm game.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The modesty panel/layer will be a sign and identifier of a child avi, even if they are naked at a beach, so it's not quite correct.

They aren't allowed to be naked and depending on what LL deems a modesty panel, could be covered by a swimsuit

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's probably because they are behind closed door or inside.

I was waiting for you to come back. I was gonna warn people that you demanded this thread be up to 200 pages by the time you got back but I didn't want to scare people.

Let 'em have it!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I was waiting for you to come back. I was gonna warn people that you demanded this thread be up to 200 pages by the time you got back but I didn't want to scare people.

Let 'em have it!

Actually, it was by the time I woke up this morning..

I am Disapoint!!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

They stopped at page 10

Page 165.

Edit: Or just click Tommy's post over on the right-hand side under Popular Posts.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added Stuffs
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Let 'em have it!

Nine pages to go to make it epic! Go go go!!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

They stopped at page 10

4 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I doubt that went that far. 

This is funny but for the record they've been here most of the time the thread's been going, as far as I can tell.

Edit: I know there have been gaps and stuff and they've gone silent for long periods of time but the thread is clearly being moderated.

Edited by Branduff Bisnovat
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

Good morning!

You all posted quite a bit over the weekend! I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on more updates to the FAQ that will be added over the next couple of days. One of the things that we will be adding is an image to help provide clarity on the modesty layer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yay, a reasonable person!  We can all "agree to disagree" and have different opinions and points of view.

* seeks another to convert to being "reasonable" *

What I find funny about this.  About 200 pages back the adult avatars where puzzled why we were fighting for the right to run naked on moderate land.  When we were doing no such thing.    Now they are griping because we don't want them running naked on moderate land.    When the question was brought up we might ask them to give up that "right",  you can taste the indignity in the air.  

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

YOU. ARE. MISUNDERSTANDING.

The policy has been re-written so that child avatars can no longer be around naked adults. If it were just a roleplaying thing - yes, it would be ridiculous.

BUT IT'S NOT A ROLEPLAYING THING ANY MORE.

I'm going to give up. LL is just using the information to reinforce their rules rather then listening to us, but what else is new.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

What I find funny about this.  About 200 pages back the adult avatars where puzzled why we were fighting for the right to run naked on moderate land.  When we were doing no such thing.    Now they are griping because we don't want them running naked on moderate land.    When the question was brought up we might ask them to give up that "right",  you can taste the indignity in the air.  

Yeah, we know, Madi. it´s your SL. You pay for it and f*** the rest.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Oh i didn't see that.

Not like anyone can read all of this thread.

You guys can all calm down now linden is gonna update the FAQ.

Panic over.

LOL. Brave woman telling everyone to calm down. Them's fightin words on the forums. lol

3 minutes ago, Denim Robonaught said:

They stopped at page 10

They're waiting a little bit more, then they'll more than likely lock it and gather what they can out of it.

The only reason it's not locked yet  is because they are letting it stay open for now to get as much feedback as they can..

It's went  around and around more than a few times, but they must think  with each loop there is something in there.. hehehe

I know I'm getting dizzy.. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Oh i didn't see that.

Not like anyone can read all of this thread.

You guys can all calm down now linden is gonna update the FAQ.

Panic over.

What Panic?

13 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

We are not pretending to be children. We will fight for the right to be naked, as adults, ON A ADULT PLATFORM!

• Like 5

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

We are not pretending to be children. We will fight for the right to be naked, as adults, ON A ADULT PLATFORM!

Why the hell does the FAQ not adress the problems a plywood prim has on M sims???? I want CLARIFICATION!!