So what changed in the Terms of Service?

1 minute ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Why should they be restricted from accessing the majority of second life because a handful of people want to walk around naked?

I'll put it this way:  If someone is roleplaying as a "child" - not just wearing a child avatar, why would they want to be on a "Moderate" region where all kinds of things happen? Why wouldn't they want to be on a "G" region?  Tinies and Dinkies are (supposedly) wholesome. Aren't children supposed to be innocent and wholesome too?

What does "Moderate" mean if we change it - is it like a "PG-13 Movie" (US rating system)?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Monika Skydancer said:

How come you keep talking about does? Hunting season don't open until September.

Mommy, can I has some of does cookies, pweese!?!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I hear they don't take too well to new rules in Texas. That's what we have here, new rules that residents are supposed to abide by after multiple years of having a different code to live by.

Well, I'm originally from Minnesota so that doesn't apply to me. :)

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why? They aren't "real life" children, and their insistence on being such as avatars is actually the cause of all this nightmare.

And you're not a "real life" lion, but I'm sure you'd take it badly if restrictions were imposed upon furries?

No, I wouldn't take it badly given the choice - I would give up "all Furries" to stay a "Neko" lion (which are not true Furries). You missed my earlier answer on this. 🙂

• Like 1

you know, if child avatars were were piloted by rl children, id be all in on these new rules and restrictions, but they aren’t, they are all rl adults. At the end of the day this is all bull****. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'll put it this way:  If someone is roleplaying as a "child" - not just wearing a child avatar, why would they want to be on a "Moderate" region where all kinds of things happen? Why wouldn't they want to be on a "G" region?  Tinies and Dinkies are (supposedly) wholesome. Aren't children supposed to be innocent and wholesome too?

What does "Moderate" mean if we change it - is it like a "PG-13 Movie" (US rating system)?

Bear in mind that teenagers are also "children". Risky Business - I'm just sayin...

• Like 3

I'm not "in a heated argument" - I'm just playing "what if" - and drew my own line in the sand.

Assuming I don't WANT to give up being a Furry - but WOULD, given the choice, to protect my other "rights":

What would YOU give up to prevent your own rights eroding?

Only Adult avatar answers, if you please.  I don't see how the Child avatars will have anything positive to contribute - they are the once trying to get "more" and we end up with "less".

I normally say this is not a "zero sum game", but y'all made it one! 🙂

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Why? They aren't "real life" children, and their insistence on being such as avatars is actually the cause of all this nightmare.

Careful when I said that Zooby Animesh weren't real I got admonished for it. Ya gotta think Child Avatar are more real than that.

Also, based on the responses, grammar, and the way some people construct their sentences here I'm not sure that they aren't real children.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Seriously..

Why not just restrict child avatars to "G-rated" regions?

Why should adult avatars have to change, just because some users want to be "child avatars"?

The burden of "change" should be on those who want to be children. They have a choice to be children. If they can't handle nudity, stay on "G-rated" regions.

Why do you have to be naked on public M moderated land?   You have a whole continent to run and be naked on.  I got a idea, why don't we restrict all adults to adult land?  It has adult in in it, seems perfect. Or there is a furry colony near my home estate.  How about we stick furry there and call it a day.  See how silly you sound. 

Another reason, some of us do pay for access and pay a lot of money for it.  We are not going to be restricted  from public 'm' land, that we pay to support just because you don't like it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

Also, based on the responses, grammar, and the way some people construct their sentences here I'm not sure that they aren't real children.

..which is about the only reason to give up innocent public nudity on Moderate land. 

Of course, this "mixes up the topic", as much earlier in the thread, there was a lot of discussion of "are they underage or not", etc.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't see how the Child avatars will have anything positive to contribute - they are the once trying to get "more" and we end up with "less".

I normally say this is not a "zero sum game", but y'all made it one! 🙂

Because child avatars were the ones who had things taken away in the first place.

Theresa Tennyson muses, "Hmmm - out of character. Parvo?"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Because most of the grid is classified under the moderate rating. Even most known kid friendly Sims. Most of the SL mainland is moderate. The Blake sea, moderate, most linden roads and waterways, moderate. Most sandboxs, infohubs, and other public spaces, moderate. Being disallowed from A rated sims is more then fair. Anything else and you've effectively banned them from nearly most of the grid.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:
35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Seriously..

Why not just restrict child avatars to "G-rated" regions?

Why should adult avatars have to change, just because some users want to be "child avatars"?

The burden of "change" should be on those who want to be children. They have a choice to be children. If they can't handle nudity, stay on "G-rated" regions.

Expand  

Why do you have to be naked on public M moderated land?   You have a whole continent to run and be naked on.  I got a idea, why don't we restrict all adults to adult land?  It has adult in in it, seems perfect. Or there is a furry colony near my home estate.  How about we stick furry there and call it a day.  See how silly you sound. 

Another reason, some of us do pay for access and pay a lot of money for it.  We are not going to be restricted  from public 'm' land, that we pay to support just because you don't like it. 

Not at all - both arguments are exactly the same.  One sounds silly to YOU, one sounds silly to ME.

That's how "points of view" works!

4 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

If that's the result, IMHO, M-rated land is not fit for purpose

It's purpose is to be PG-18, no sex or violence. That is clearly stated in the maturity guidelines.

5 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Who wants to site a store, say, where a bunch of prospective customers are uncomfortable?

How many and WHO? selling adult skins to adult customers, want them to try before they buy without having to tp away and back, but  don't want them shagging on the floor?

How i the loss of kid you don't make product for and who are a tiny % of the population a deterrent?

"Oh Noe! I must make life hard for the 99.5 % of people who are my customers for the ake of the 0.5% who are not!"

Sorry I don't see that at all.

8 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Or the kind of venue we all thought SL was made for, like Hotel Chelsea?

"We" all thought that? I certainly didn't.

9 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Or even just a residence, if we have any child avatar friends who might visit if M weren't a potential minefield?

Wrong, if an adult invites a kid friend to their PRIVATE residence, the adult won't be naked or have other naked guests, and you won't get random naked people falling out of the sky because you have ban lines and a zero second orb set to punt kick intruders, right?

Oh, wait, you hate privacy security, I almost forgot.

12 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Actually… I realize I don't even understand the problem with the optics of a fully-clothed child avatar in the presence of nudity

Well, for example, that skin store, the presence of some creepy kid loitering there watching the naked adults try skin demos will make the tore PAYING customers feel uncomfortable, so if it was MY store, I'd just punt the kid and put a big sign up saying "Slaughter & Carnage Inc Destroy all AR Clickbait SecuriMax Orb installed, NO AR Clickbait permitted in the sstore".

As I think I said earlier, you tend to grab the wrong end of the stick and overthink your self into a place where nothing you came up with makes any sense.

Commercial Interest says "sorry kids, you're ruining my business, get off my store floor".

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

My thoughts too ... if you as adult avie wants to run naked in the neighborhood of a dressed child avie in a M-rated region, who is at fault? Never heard of spacial awareness?

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In my argument, I left this part out so far - my own answer is because some people WANT to be nude in Moderate regions, since it is allowed and "baked in" (grandfathered in) Moderate regions as a "right". 

LL, since they are busily writing new rules, could have made it quite a bit easier.  No nudity on PUBLIC LL owned Moderate.  Perhaps another rating option for the rest M and MA.  Moderate being no nudity.  MA being Moderate with possible adult activity/nudity.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Theresa Tennyson muses, "Hmmm - out of character. Parvo?"

Silly, I'm not out of character, just trying to hold my own with an unpopular argument in a very busy thread. 

No time to post friendly lion stickers for every post. 

😛 

4 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Careful when I said that Zooby Animesh weren't real I got admonished for it. Ya gotta think Child Avatar are more real than that.

You are aware English isn't everyone's first language I'd hope.

• Like 2

Being a child avatar I get the entire Adult rated region thing,  like in real life kids cannot go into certain places such as clubs, bars or even religous building such as a temple until there a certain age.

The thing that gets me is the modestly layer, it litterally does nothing, now I am reading you can derender others clothing. So how is this the fault of the user playing a child avatar or any avatar.

Define child avatar, just say anyone who uses a dedicated child avatar body and/or roleplays as a child regardless of avatar body is considered a child avatar and must not be anatomically correct, have naughty bits or adult designated attachments.

My only question is did the idividuals employee's/contactors who caused this entire ripple effect get punished for actions?
The fact there had to be an internal investigation just proves there might be some leigitmacy to the of the employees and contactors accusations along with the need to change policy for child avatars.
Are they still employeed by Linden Labs? If yes, that is wrong because the child avatar community is in fear of getting banned over a layer that does nothing but yet the employee or contractor of Linden Labs get to prance around Second Life still and get paid to do it after causing all this.

Adult or child avatar we pays money to have enjoyment in this platform and if any resident (non-employee or no-contactor of Linden labs) would have done such act that would have had the account or accounts terminated fast. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They're still adults. And even children are curious about their sexuality. 

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Anything else and you've effectively banned them from nearly most of the grid.

Eh no. There's plenty places I can't wear my old pole dancer outfits. Don't mean I'm banned from those places, just that I gotta change before I go there. Same thing here. Nobody's talking about banning anyone from anywhere on the grid, they just gotta change before they go there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:
11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

In my argument, I left this part out so far - my own answer is because some people WANT to be nude in Moderate regions, since it is allowed and "baked in" (grandfathered in) Moderate regions as a "right". 

LL, since they are busily writing new rules, could have made it quite a bit easier.  No nudity on PUBLIC LL owned Moderate.  Perhaps another rating option for the rest M and MA.  Moderate being no nudity.  MA being Moderate with possible adult activity/nudity.

Good point! I think some of us (including me) got stuck on the "public land" part.  Some of this started when one of the "child avatar" proponents suggested making the Blake Sea "no nudity".

If "nudity" is only allowed "behind closed doors" in Moderate land, then..it's like Bellisseria.

Personally - since as I understand it, there's not a lot of "public" land, allowing "out in the open nudity" on Moderate would be fine.

Do we need to define "Public Land", and "Public"?

What next, people won't be allowed to be nude in their Moderate, fenced-in back yards?  (A child may walk by and cam over the fence!)  Come on, someone besides me has to see what a "slippery slope" this is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Silverdown Seetan said:

Being a child avatar I get the entire Adult rated region thing,  like in real life kids cannot go into certain places such as clubs, bars or even religous building such as a temple until there a certain age.

The thing that gets me is the modestly layer, it litterally does nothing, now I am reading you can derender others clothing. So how is this the fault of the user playing a child avatar or any avatar.

Define child avatar, just say anyone who uses a dedicated child avatar body and/or roleplays as a child regardless of avatar body is considered a child avatar and must not be anatomically correct, have naughty bits or adult designated attachments.

My only question is did the idividuals employee's/contactors who caused this entire ripple effect get punished for actions?
The fact there had to be an internal investigation just proves there might be some leigitmacy to the of the employees and contactors accusations along with the need to change policy for child avatars.
Are they still employeed by Linden Labs? If yes, that is wrong because the child avatar community is in fear of getting banned over a layer that does nothing but yet the employee or contractor of Linden Labs get to prance around Second Life still and get paid to do it after causing all this.

Adult or child avatar we pays money to have enjoyment in this platform and if any resident (non-employee or no-contactor of Linden labs) would have done such act that would have had the account or accounts terminated fast. 

No one even knows if the whole thing was true or not, how do you expect us to know if they got dealt with or not?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Monika Skydancer said:

Eh no. There's plenty places I can't wear my old pole dancer outfits. Don't mean I'm banned from those places, just that I gotta change before I go there. Same thing here. Nobody's talking about banning anyone from anywhere on the grid, they just gotta change before they go there.

This is equating an identity with an item of clothing. Being a child avatar is not the same as wearing a crop top.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2