So what changed in the Terms of Service?

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It seems to me, that the appropriate response is a "mass" nude protest at a public M area.

Well if the protest occurs after the restriction is applied then I guess it's going to be a busy day for the governance team?! 😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

sorry to say but by my observations you are complete troll determined to try and name call people on this thrad

Again how I'm I a troll that is determined to name call people on this thread?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

removing the option of public nudity from Moderate regions may be the best and fairest way to go.

/me corners the market on Zindra beachfront while the rest of the thread debates how many demos can dance on the head of a graphic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

while the same few people want to do away with younger adults which can come across as, again, unwelcoming.

Who the hell is doing that?  Seriously?  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

However, I thought I seen secondlife said there are more women who play second life than men and that they are 35+?

Those were old figures from LL or gridsurvey, back in ancient times, 55% women or something like that, apparently based of the names on the credit cards., and long enough ago, that it's easily 45+ to 55+ by now.

If that "GenZ Rulz das grid" nonsense was true, concurrency figures wouldn't have dropped slowley but steadily over the last decade, and LL wouldn't be wasting time, effort and money on the MobileLife Fail-Viewer in a desperate attempt to reverse the trend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Those were old figures from LL or gridsurvey, back in ancient times, 55% women or something like that, apparently based of the names on the credit cards., and long enough ago, that it's easily 45+ to 55+ by now.

If that "GenZ Rulz das grid" nonsense was true, concurrency figures wouldn't have dropped slowley but steadily over the last decade, and LL wouldn't be wasting time, effort and money on the MobileLife Fail-Viewer in a desperate attempt to reverse the trend.

And how do you know that they are old figures from ancient times?

Edited by Wincil

4 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

due to the fashion, trends that are more towards younger adults.

yeah we oldies wear only sheepskins, smelling to their stables and dirty feet without shoes... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Madi Melodious said:

For something that is not a "therapy site" that seems to be one of its largest uses.

I'd like to see statistics that therapy is one of the largest uses of Second Life because I totally disagree with that. 

It MAY be that it's one of the largest uses of the people that you associate with but that is not my experience.

In fact, I'd be highly suspect of ANY therapist that suggests Roleplaying in Second Life as a therapy tool.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

And how do you know that they are old figures from ancient times?

Because I've been here more than 8 years, and those were old figures from before I arrived quoted in threads on this forum.

It's something called "History", you might have heard of it when you were at school.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

yeah we oldies wear only sheepskins, smelling to their stables and dirty feet without shoes... 

My grandma or my mom would never wear half the fashion that is presented in second life that are the most popular, is what I'm saying.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

I wear my orthopedic shoes when I'm out with my walker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Well if the protest occurs after the restriction is applied then I guess it's going to be a busy day for the governance team?! 😅

There's no stated restriction on public nudity in public M regions, is there?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piper Kelly said:

Why would you need a panic button when all you have to do is hit the home button?   

Well because they are children that need their immersion or something like that.  Just pushing TP home is something adults do not children.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Anyways, I'm glad to see more younger than 35 audiences are starting to come to second life, I'd rather second life not die. I want second life to wake back up and bloom with even more adults that love virtual worlds like Second life and be able to express themselves with hate, as a whole, rather they are European, African, American any other country, light skinned, dark skinned, tan, whatever-have-you.

what does that mean?  a typo?

9 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

If they remove nudity from M. they can remove M. Or they remove Child Avis from M. The entire construction is an attempt to avoid both of these options for some reasons. Careful with what you wish for.

They will not remove private sexual and nude things from being done in M, they are talking about removing nudity from publicly being allowed on M and keep it in private areas like sexual things are now in M.

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It seems to me, with regard to the last, that removing the option of public nudity from Moderate regions may be the best and fairest way to go. I say that very reluctantly, because I don't like restricting freedoms any more than is absolutely necessary, and I personally find nudity pretty non-problematic, but this might be the best option in the interest of safeguarding the child avatar community while still ensuring them as much freedom of movement as possible.

I think perhaps it would be enough to apply the same restrictions to nudity in Moderate regions as they do to adult content and activities.

On your own parcel, "behind closed doors" as they put it, should still be perfectly acceptable as long as access to the parcel is limited.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

My grandma or my mom would never wear half the fashion that is presented in second life that are the most popular, is what I'm saying.

i think you should do some more investigation we'r not your rl grandmother or mom. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

What's your point? Aren't you the champion of being who you want to be and said that is the whole point of Second Life, that it isn't based on real life?

Do you really believe most younger SL users would actually wear some of the ugly crap that is geared toward them in RL?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

If they remove nudity from M. they can remove M. Or they remove Child Avis from M. The entire construction is an attempt to avoid both of these options for some reasons. Careful with what you wish for.

Moderate differs from General in plenty of ways beyond the provision for public nudity. For instance, one can have sex in an M-rated zone in "private," and not in a G-rated one, anywhere. Similarly, one can have sex in public in an Adult region, but not in a Moderate one.

"Moderate" is still a useful and meaningful category, even if we remove public nudity.

• Like 2

Just now, Starberry Passion said:

Now there is a noob remark if ever I heard one.

Breaking News: One of the attractions for many SecondLiferss is that here, we are "eternal", we don't have to be our own old selves, we can be 21 again and forever, we can wear those skanky outfits that we'd be laughed at if we wore them in RL.

The 18 yr old GenZ might want to pretend they are 21.

The 40 yr old wants to be 25 again.

You have much to learn of the living SL, young padawan.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I am 22 and I would not wear much more than half the fashions in SL.  Its hard finding decent outfits, I seem to roll my eyes at 90% of what I see shopping.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I think perhaps it would be enough to apply the same restrictions to nudity in Moderate regions as they do to adult content and activities.

Exactly. This would be logical and consistent, and would simultaneously mean that child avis were safe in public areas of M rated regions.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

what does that mean?  a typo?

I didn't type out the entire word, was meant to be without it means that people should be able to express themselves without someone else talking bad about how someone else express themselves, I don't get your question.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piper Kelly said:

Why would you need a panic button when all you have to do is hit the home button?   

The panic button hud started as a project a few weeks back when it became apparent that child av's were going to be banned from Adult regions.  My first though was trolls could lure a child av to a general or a moderate sim, change the rating, and then AR every child av there.  Some experimenting showed this was unlikely but still possible.   That feature is still built into the hud.

Some child av have adult shapes that they use to go into adult regions.  Now they can attach the panic button to their child Av outfits or shape, and if they accidently or they are lured into a adult region it will care them to a safe zone of their choice.  The default safezone is the general Welcomehub if they do not set their own.  

It does more than just monitor teleporting; it monitors if they cross into adult region by walking, riding or sailing.  It also serves as a panic button, if you touch the hud for less than 2 seconds it will carry you to safety.  

Most for of the options can be set, so if you want it to limit to yourself to General sims you can set it.  You can turn off the automatic teleporting feature where it will just give a warning if you go to a nonsafe region also. 

It has one undocumented feature that I forgot about.  I also keep track of the last 250 sims I believe, and will alert you if you tp in to a sim that has had its region changed since the last time you where there.

• Like 2

Just now, Alwin Alcott said:

i think you should do some more investigation we'r not your rl grandmother or mom. 

I wear all the same stuff everyone else wears.  What I don't do is have my T&A hanging out all the time.  That, I might agree to some extend, is a younger person thing.  I don't feel the need to basically say...LOOK AT ME...every day and every place.

• Like 8