3x protected double prim 1024m sailable parcel price reduced!!!

animats

43 minutes ago, animats said:

We need a way to filter out the land ads. There are more of them than ever, they're repeated over and over, and it's killing reading the forums.

Helps if you just block certain people.  😁

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Helps if you just block certain people.  😁

Doesn't make the messages disappear entirely. The messages just get truncated to the title.

• Like 1

Where are you seeing all these land ads.  I have to go to the Land Forum, then the Regions for Sale,  then Mainland for Sale to see them.

Do you open the forums on a different setting than I do? If so, maybe you can turn off seeing ALL new posts or something and just look at the sections you care about?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Where are you seeing all these land ads.  I have to go to the Land Forum, then the Regions for Sale,  then Mainland for Sale to see them.

Do you open the forums on a different setting than I do? If so, maybe you can turn off seeing ALL new posts or something and just look at the sections you care about?

I use "unread feed" and see everything (but stick to notifications for the most part):

IMG_3033.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just look at the sections I'm interested in to see if there is anything new I want to read.  I only see land sales if I go to that section.

Well, then there are tools available now to customize your experience in the forums.  It might be time to revisit those settings to make those ads disappear. I imagine its kind of a mess to see every single new post in the entire forum every day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, animats said:

We need a way to filter out the land ads. There are more of them than ever, they're repeated over and over, and it's killing reading the forums.

The worse part is tying your fingers together when someone posts a 1024 piece of virtual land for the hefty price of $400 real dollars. 

• Like 2

Then don't use the Unread Feed - simple, no?

Slightly more serious: I have seen very little use for such feeds - I peruse the forum by going to the subfora that interest me, looking at the first page or three for topics that catch my attention/interest me and outright collapse any primary category I have little to no interest in, marking the whole shebang as read from time to time.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Slightly more serious: I have seen very little use for such feeds - I peruse the forum by going to the subfora that interest me, looking at the first page or three for topics that catch my attention/interest me and outright collapse any primary category I have little to no interest in, marking the whole shebang as read from time to time.

This is exactly how I use the forums right down to collapsing every category. Yes, "Mark all as Read" is my friend after a few days to a week of being gone.  It's nice to start with a clean slate.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

We all use the Forum differently, I got used to the land ads and just scroll past them in unread feed. 

ETA: I use phone for 90% of Foruming, I'll have to try poking sub-Forae. I suspect it is easier on the PC.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, animats said:

Right. If you do that, it's more than half land ads.

bump bump bump, up up up up... and using the forum as personal webpage/rentaladvertisement 

but don't comment to harsh on them, you'll get official warning with announcement of actions on your acccount.

there should be a warning : favoritism might apply.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

We all use the Forum differently, I got used to the land ads and just scroll past them in unread feed. 

ETA: I use phone for 90% of Foruming, I'll have to try poking sub-Forae. I suspect it is easier on the PC.

I haven't really noticed too much difficulty using my phone when I do.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I haven't really noticed too much difficulty using my phone when I do.

Just tried and it wasn't terrible. The main difference being, "unread feed" only shows you "unread" posts (in all Forums sorted by time).

Browsing each individual Sub-Forum seems awkward compared to lazily browsing "unread" since I have to click each "crumb" to go back "up", then "into" other Sub-Forae. It would seem "simpler" if there was a drop-down list or something, to go directly to each Forum.

But yeah, it was "possible".

Another way to manage browsing the Forum, which I use, is to setup a notification / "follow" when ANY posts are made in certain topics - in my case, LSL Scripting.

Between that, topics I "follow", and users I "follow", my primary Forum browsing is lately via Notifications, then I only jump to "unread feed" if I need moar Forum.

Help, I keep getting sprayed with water when I try to drink from this firehose!  

"Follow" the top level of all the subforums except land sales or other content you don't like, you'll end up with an Unread feed you can bookmark. 

On 4/27/2024 at 11:43 PM, Kathlen Onyx said:

The worse part is tying your fingers together when someone posts a 1024 piece of virtual land for the hefty price of $400 real dollars. 

It's in Horizons, 100k L$ is relatively cheap for Horizons, though I expect that particular plot to sell for a lot less, it's not a particularly nice Horizons plot, and the current sale price is basically what they bought it for, so no profit margin.

A lot of the time, the Horizons plots "for sale" are actually rentals but they set them.for sale to be visible on the map.  The parcel behind me is for sale regularly at 250K.  It's also for rent at a reasonable price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Animats, did you consider using "Streams", and possibly creating a "Custom Stream"? I had forgotten about them. 

Note that the "Create Custom Stream" option was not visible in my browser until I reduced the Zoom factor a lot.

image.png.086f15d14f6c4f8e3ab281743b7457b5.png

37 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

It's in Horizons, 100k L$ is relatively cheap for Horizons, though I expect that particular plot to sell for a lot less, it's not a particularly nice Horizons plot, and the current sale price is basically what they bought it for, so no profit margin.

You must have drank some sort of Kool-Aid because who it their effing right mind pays $400 real life dollars for a tiny plot in a virtual world?  I'd even go as far as to say their idiots but hey a lot of the users here don't bat an eye at it.  People saw people willing to pay for swampland and jumped at it.  Sorry, this might be off topic for the thread but the same people paying these exorbitant amount for pixel land are the same people saying creators don't get paid enough and LL is a greedy company that just wants your money. SMDH.

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You must have drank some sort of Kool-Aid because who it their effing right mind pays $400 real life dollars for a tiny plot in a virtual world?  I'd even go as far as to say their idiots but hey a lot of the users here don't bat an eye at it.  People saw people willing to pay for swampland and jumped at it.  Sorry, this might be off topic for the thread but the same people paying these exorbitant amount for pixel land are the same people saying creators don't get paid enough and LL is a greedy company that just wants your money. SMDH.

It's not "kool aid" it's just what it is, people pay big money for plots in Horizons, because they are limited in number, Adult rated, double prim, and have roads and in some cases sailable water, like Bay city, but not puritan friendly.

It's also pretty much fee of Bellicosian Incursions, there's no direct route from Belli to Horizons by car, boat or plane, and the roads there aren't "interesting" enough.

I don't own any, nor am I likely to buy one, ever. But reality is, 100k L$ is CHEAP for a Horizons plot, regardless of your opinions, it's not hard to find plots selling for 500k. I know somebody who owns about 25-30 of the Horizons plots, they rent them out, from about $400 a week, and the profits pay to keep open a full mainland region as a free to use public hangout.

On 4/28/2024 at 2:43 PM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Why not create a custom feed? I feel like I showed the steps to do that in a previous thread about the same topic. You can exclude the land forum from showing up.

Sorry I missed this, I half-remembered your previous post and suggested it too.

I paid about 68K for my Horizons parcel back in 2021.  Since I had exclusively rented on private estates since I've been in SL, I've probably saved as much money not renting as I initially spent on the parcel ($250).  I have the same prim allowance as PP accounts, too.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1