Items gone after Moving Home

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I abandoned Linden Land to move elsewhere, It cleared everything automatically. I cleared Cache and logged off. Later, When furnishing the new place a bunch of my items are gone from my Inventory. Mainly No Copy Items and My KittyCats stuff including my Cat itself, I searched my Inventory over and over cause i have a lot of Junk, But they're not there. These things were expensive, What can i do??

Your objects are most likely in your Lost and Found folder as coalesced objects. The icon for coalesced objects looks like several boxes stacked together. If you see this icon in your Lost and Found folder, go to a big sand box and drag the coalesced objects out of your Inventory. You will not see the names of all your No Copy objects until they are inworld. Then look carefully around the sandbox to be sure you find each item and take it back into your inventory individually.

In the future, before you abandon or sell land, be sure to take all your No Copy items back into your inventory first.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

If possible go to a sandbox and drag out the most recent list & found item.  Sometimes (I think) I’ve had similar experiences & the items ARE in lost & found but don’t show as linked- bundled by the return.  When I drag it out I wind up with my stuffs.  Happened recently with some gachas you can no longer buy direct from creator since they closed shop in SL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

They aren't in lost and found but i made a ticket so i'll see what happens

Good luck. When I first started I bought a bunch of no copy things and did the same thing. Hopefully if you submit a ticket you'll get them back. I didn't even know you could submit a ticket and I did lose a very expensive Intan dance system. Trust me I never did that again.

• Like 2

No-copy items make everything so much more complicated. It's possible the ticket can help get them back, but the fact there are no-copy items involved makes it especially tricky because anybody working the ticket should first establish for sure that the items weren't returned, so as not to create unauthorized copies by "returning" them from region history.

Most of the no-copy items I ever acquired have vanished one way or another over the years—and good riddance. They were all more aggravation than they were worth.

• Like 2

If any of your no copy items were owned by a group, eg your land group, that is a way to lose them.  Always clear the land of everything before abandoning, as everyone has already said.  I moved from a large parcel with 5000 LI of rezzed items.  It took me two days to take them all back to inventory, but it was worth it.   Copy Items were in special folders I made, so I didnt have to search my inventory to find them again.

Kittycats are never lost.  Just submit a ticket to get them back.

• Like 1

They may be in a coalesced object located in some other inventory folder such as the objects folder. If they were linked for some reason they may appear as a single object with the name of the last object linked. Might also want to check the 'recent items' folder to see what new objects were recently added to the inventory folder. Drag these new objects out in a sandbox to see if they are the actual objects or something else.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2024 at 10:37 PM, AmyPinkLegend said:

I abandoned Linden Land to move elsewhere, It cleared everything automatically. I cleared Cache and logged off. Later, When furnishing the new place a bunch of my items are gone from my Inventory. Mainly No Copy Items and My KittyCats stuff including my Cat itself, I searched my Inventory over and over cause i have a lot of Junk, But they're not there. These things were expensive, What can i do??

Your cat should be able to be returned by taking out a ticket with KittyCats; they may be able to replace some other things as well. They have a website or you could see if there's a customer rep at the main store who can explain things further.

By the way, clearing your cache isn't something you should be doing unless you're getting certain specific problems. It's not a universal fix; in fact it might cause problems in some cases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 144 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.