Should we limit Second Life to one IP address per household and prohibit the use of VPNs and alternate accounts?

London City...does anything more need to be said?  @Mr2Chilldo you also hang out at the Boardroom?

Don't new posters know that Friday is the day for these type of threads?  Sheesh.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Weird idea. And why would I even care about what's happening at London City?

Alts are entirely valid. Content creators use them to test scripts, animations, poses, furniture, etc. Photographers use them as models. Regular users use them to keep roleplay personas or inventories separate for whatever reason. People who work in SL might use them to separate business accounts from personal.

VPNs - whatever, no opinion.

Traffic - not concerned. Most places I go have 0 people there. I kind of like that, since I mostly go to stores to shop or somewhere scenic to take photos. If you are looking for people, event and social groups are a great place to start.

Anyway, alts are a staple in almost every online game/platform. Not sure why it matters so much here.

Um I use an alt as a camera to take pictures of my main. And yeah I have a couple of alts I like to dress up. But yeah I don't think that kinda draconian thing should even happen. I mean some people use VPNs to circumnavigate the blocks in their country. And also people use Alts for bots for their store. As greeters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

... No.

Are you an Adult? If yes, act like one and get over it - VPNs are used worldwide for quite a bit. Don't like that users can access Second Life using one? Tough.

Alternate accounts? Linden Lab has a policy on that already (not often fully enforced but it exists). That it is not strict enough for your liking is ... Well, as I said a moment ago, if it is too lax for you, tough.

This 'request' is beyond childish.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

... No.

Are you an Adult? If yes, act like one and get over it - VPNs are used worldwide for quite a bit. Don't like that users can access Second Life using one? Tough.

Alternate accounts? Linden Lab has a policy on that already (not often fully enforced but it exists). That it is not strict enough for your liking is ... Well, as I said a moment ago, if it is too lax for you, tough.

This 'request' is beyond childish.

I knew you would come through with a cogent and pithy analysis! Thank you!

• Like 1

First they came for the alts
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a alt
Then they came for the furries
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a furry
Then they came for the child avies
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a child avatar
Then they came for the Kemono wearers
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Kemono wearer
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PermaRuthed said:

First they came for the alts
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a alt
Then they came for the furries
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a furry
Then they came for the child avies
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a child avatar
Then they came for the Kemono wearers
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a Kemono wearer
Then they came for me
And there was no one left
To speak out for me

This is chilling!!

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Past their expiration date?

Early in the 21st century, the Tyrell corporation advanced Robot evolution into the Nexus phase - a being virtually identical to a human - known as a Replicant.

The Nexus 6 replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them.

Replicants were used off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets.

After a bloody mutiny by a Nexus 6 combat team in an off-world colony, replicants were declared illegal on earth - under penalty of death.

Special police squads - Blade Runner Units - had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing replicant.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Charlemagne Allen said:
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Past their expiration date?

Early in the 21st century, the Tyrell corporation advanced Robot evolution into the Nexus phase - a being virtually identical to a human - known as a Replicant.

The Nexus 6 replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them.

Replicants were used off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets.

After a bloody mutiny by a Nexus 6 combat team in an off-world colony, replicants were declared illegal on earth - under penalty of death.

Special police squads - Blade Runner Units - had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing replicant.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

I meant, like when your Orange Juice expires.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr2Chill said:

"Should we limit Second Life to one IP address per household and prohibit the use of VPNs and alternate accounts? I think we should, because there are a lot of bad people using it. Alternate accounts are annoying as they can be used for harassing others and hiding one's true identity. Additionally, there are fake accounts on here like London City using alts to boost traffic numbers, which are not accurate anyway. Lastly, there are bad people using VPNs to invade the platform. Therefore, we should implement a one IP per household, one account policy to improve the safety and authenticity of the platform. What do you all think?"

No?   
For so many reasons. Just a few:

Families play SL together.

Business accounts no doubt want privacy away from work.

Some folk do have creepy stalkers they need to avoid.

• Thanks 1

Well accounts are accounts but if I had my wishes there would be one billion people logged on to this game and then the Sims would be full but the wishes did not happen and they won't dubby the top priority but if I had my wishes 1 billion people the login have pictures show themselves get on voice and get on cam all verified and that are good and funny anyway that would be my wishes for the meantime  after I fixed myself up

• Haha 4