Should we limit Second Life to one IP address per household and prohibit the use of VPNs and alternate accounts?

If nothing else, you are suggesting one of the things I hate most in life, and those who do it: punishing people for what a few others do rather than finding a way to deal with the actual wrong doers. Pathetic! You'd get on well in our current government.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mr2Chill said:

"Should we limit Second Life to one IP address per household and prohibit the use of VPNs and alternate accounts? I think we should, because there are a lot of bad people using it. Alternate accounts are annoying as they can be used for harassing others and hiding one's true identity. Additionally, there are fake accounts on here like London City using alts to boost traffic numbers, which are not accurate anyway. Lastly, there are bad people using VPNs to invade the platform. Therefore, we should implement a one IP per household, one account policy to improve the safety and authenticity of the platform. What do you all think?"

4 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

"Who are you quoting?"

I'm guessing something like ChatGPT, since taking away the quotes gets you...

also not quoting anybody i came up with this on my own !!! if u want people pay traffic should be Authentic not fake

The OP reminded me of the first affirmative from a high school debate, then it all went pear-shaped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr2Chill said:

Well accounts are accounts but if I had my wishes there would be one billion people logged on to this game and then the Sims would be full but the wishes did not happen and they won't dubby the top priority but if I had my wishes 1 billion people the login have pictures show themselves get on voice and get on cam all verified and that are good and funny anyway that would be my wishes for the meantime  after I fixed myself up

You do realize that not many in their right mind would be up for being voice, cam and photo verified just to be in Second Life. Part of Second Life's appeal is the privacy it affords people. Anonymity unless they make the choice to share with people they interact with. Why should LL change the rules just to appease the many insecurities you seem to have regarding these "bad people" you bring up in your post?

If you don't like alts. Don't have one. If you don't want to interact with certain people in sl there are tools to help you avoid doing just that. Point is simple, LL affords you the freedom to choose what you do as long as it is within the TOS. So choose to live your sl the way you want and give others the same courtesy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

Early in the 21st century, the Tyrell corporation advanced Robot evolution into the Nexus phase - a being virtually identical to a human - known as a Replicant.

The Nexus 6 replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them.

Replicants were used off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets.

After a bloody mutiny by a Nexus 6 combat team in an off-world colony, replicants were declared illegal on earth - under penalty of death.

Special police squads - Blade Runner Units - had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing replicant.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

M-Emmet-Walsh-in-Blade-Runner.thumb.jpg.8237eeab89e684dcdd2354d57cdd5c2e.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This appears to be a job for someone like @Solar Legion, or @Zalificent Corvinus!

LMFAO.

5 hours ago, Mr2Chill said:

Should we limit Second Life to one IP address per household and prohibit the use of VPNs and alternate accounts?

Oh HELL no, that would be utter stupidity, and kill the platform dead in months if not weeks, and bankrupt the company.

I think we should

Hmmm.

because there are a lot of bad people using it

And some of those "bad people" just use ONE account, with ONE IP address. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

Alternate accounts are annoying as they can be used for harassing others and hiding one's true identity

Any account can be used for "harassing" and all "true identities" are hidden. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

Additionally, there are fake accounts on here like London City using alts to boost traffic numbers

Maybe they are using "bots", maybe they are not, maybe the traffic there just consists of AFK idiot noobs. Who knows or for that matter cares. But I bet you don't have any actual scientific evidence, do you? No, didn't think so. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

Lastly, there are bad people using VPNs to invade the platform

Using a VPN to access anything online doesn't make you a "bad person", just cautious, or possibly paranoid, depending on opinion. Also, LL want people to invade the platform, they are called "Customers" and that's how LL make money, from people invading the platform and spending cash here. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

Therefore, we should implement a one IP per household, one account policy

Congratulations, you just deprived LL of MOST of it's paying customers who live in multi player households, college dorms, apartment blocks, condos, use the same mobile broadband ISP because there's no cable where they live, and most people using dynamic IP addresses. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

to improve the safety and authenticity of the platform

We don't need "authenticity", and it's safe enough already thanks. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

but London City has 60 people there and then you go to below the main area and there's only five or 10 people there talking it's just not legit

...Talking to you. That doesn't mean they are not talking to OTHER people in PRRIVATE via IM's and Group Chats. And WHY should they talk to you?  There's nothing in your profile to make people WANT to talk to you. Epic Fail - Nil Points.

Therefore, we should implement a one IP per household, one account policy to improve the safety and authenticity of the platform

Speaking of which.

"Not new been here since 2011"

"Second Life Birthdate March 08, 2023"

So, let's look at what's REALLY going on here. an "RL Photo", an "RL State", no place picks, and a Groups list that spells out "Guy who thinks SL is a 3D Dating App" and who runs around in SL pretending to be a "Real Dominant Master in Real Life".

So THAT's why you want "authenticity", you want to find "Sexy GULLIBLE 18-25 females, in your State, online!!!!"

I think

Now THAT is a doubtful claim, lacking any sense of "Authenticity".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"Sexy GULLIBLE 18-25 females, in your State, online!!!!"

Wait, I'm a sexy gullible female, pick me!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

See you on the Dark Web! I hear they have cookies!

Probably oatmeal raisin pretending to be chocolate chip. Disgusting perversions. I'd rather date my male alt.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

All hider ogres on this platform that hide this is not the nault this is a main account you have the 1st one got lost email password the other one got hacked and I do have two others just to look at London City and Just until I get unbanned from there and I don't use this for wasting up unaccurate reports and having sex with myself or being a model or actually paying people to do things instead of being a cheap and yeah a bunch of stock people and harass them unlike you guys anyway just saying

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do you mean, "pay for stuff"? 

Most of the Forum members who contribute on a regular basis DO "pay for stuff".

Yes, but do they pay for staff?

I thought the OP meant that "staff" in SL is often just bots, such as those standing behind the counter at some stores. Maybe, on the other hand, he's complaining about AFK virtual sex workers, since he also says we must just want to have sex with ourselves? Maybe he's upset because the AFK sex worker he visited wouldn't talk back to him?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:
7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

See you on the Dark Web! I hear they have cookies!

Probably oatmeal raisin pretending to be chocolate chip.

I just put 6 large chocolate cookies in the oven!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr2Chill said:

I do have two others just to look at London City and Just until I get unbanned from there and I don't use this for wasting up unaccurate reports and having sex with myself or being a model or actually paying people to do things instead of being a cheap and yeah a bunch of stock people and harass them unlike you guys anyway just saying

So basically, you are using alts for the WRONG reason...circumventing a ban.  Interesting.  😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mr2Chill said:

All hider ogres on this platform that hide this is not the nault this is a main account you have the 1st one got lost email password the other one got hacked and I do have two others just to look at London City and Just until I get unbanned from there and I don't use this for wasting up unaccurate reports and having sex with myself or being a model or actually paying people to do things instead of being a cheap and yeah a bunch of stock people and harass them unlike you guys anyway just saying

"ogres"? Do you mean "orgies?

"nault"? Do you mean "alt"?

"having sex with myself"? Do you mean having virtual sex with your alt or masturbation in RL? Not that it matters either way. Your world. Your imagination.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Spelling typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rick Nightingale said:
6 minutes ago, Mr2Chill said:

All hider ogres on this platform....... [snip incomprehensible gibberish]

Say what???

I speak gibberish! What I think they mean is, "All those who hide are ogres [on this platform]."

I almost ENJOY the challenge of a good word salad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2