Not sure how he finds me every time

On 4/11/2024 at 9:41 AM, Myrthe Mysterious said:

I removed my whole inventory, to make sure I do not have any gift he gave me.

You don't need to do that. Things in your inventory cannot do anything bad to you; they have to be rezzed in world or worn.

I don't know what other advice I can give. You seem to have changed all your hardware, your ISP, and your IP address (via a VPN). Hmmm...have you really changed ALL your hardware? I mean, maybe he could've installed something on another device in your local network that keeps infecting your PC. That's way over my knowledge level.

Are you going to any venue like a live music performance that has a Shoutcast server? These can be used to pick up your IP address. But it would have to be him with access to that Shoutcast AFAIK. Is there any situation that is like this?

I think it's good you are determined to have a Second Life and be rid of this creep. I have a really creepy former tenant who was evicted for putting multiple alts into a one-per-person rental who has stalked me for 4 years and said the craziest, insane stuff, and no amount of abuse reporting cures this so basically I just keep blocking and banning as the alts turn up and go on my way. The best thing to do with griefers is log off, don't engage with them, even 10 minutes will help break the vicious circle.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 7:08 AM, Myrthe Mysterious said:

He was in my modem/router online at first, he needed to change stuff for my mac. I was so silly and naieve back then

But I changed internet provider and got a new modem and router, you think he still can access that?

Only if he knows the name of the router, that you call it as, and the password.

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You don't need to do that. Things in your inventory cannot do anything bad to you; they have to be rezzed in world or worn.

I don't know what other advice I can give. You seem to have changed all your hardware, your ISP, and your IP address (via a VPN). Hmmm...have you really changed ALL your hardware? I mean, maybe he could've installed something on another device in your local network that keeps infecting your PC. That's way over my knowledge level.

I'm guessing he knows her UUIDs and whatever she puts on her profiles and pics.

You've got yourself a new laptop, new modem and router (with a new name and password I hope), and this guy continues to find you in SL despite your VPN software.

You shouldn't need to change the way you look in SL, but you shouldn't have to put up with someone cyber stalking you.  Keep reporting him when you're 100% certain that it is him.  Yes, it's going to be difficult as this guy has made it extremely difficult for you to trust and make friends online, but you need to take that power from your cyber stalker.  Blocking him also works.

Is there anything you are doing that is consistent, the same all the time across avatars? Like living on a certain parcel of land, going to particular venues, the content of your profiles? The best thing to do is of course to report any behaviour that is against the TOS, but switching things up with what you do and where you go could make it harder for him to find you.

17 hours ago, Lyric Demina said:

I hope you live in a place where you have choices and options for internet service providers.  One time, I switched EVERYTHING -- service provider, modem, router, computer, cables, EVERYTHING.  I fixed the problem that I was having and it was very good after.  Maybe that is an option for you, sometime? 

I hope you find a good solution and you are able to enjoy your first and second lives again.

Yes I do, and I already did that. I changed everything. The new provider changes everything even the cables.

Thank you

17 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I don't know the specifics of what is happening but perhaps you can create a poison pill by uploading unattractive pictures of someone else to your profile and pass  it off as yourself. Not wildly unattractive but just enough to make the stalker think it's no longer worth it.  Another method would be to create a honeypot avatar that gets all of the attention from your stalker while you have a second true avatar that exists separately. Then keep both logged in at the same time. 

These suggestions may be extreme but it seems you have tried everything else.

Well that could be an idea, but I dont put pictures in my profile. And with the avatars I tried that also, I have created 10 accounts by now, and deleted the most again.

Thank you :)

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Ok, that is good to know, but I already removed it all, well it cleans my inventory ;)

Well not everything, not the PC and PS4 from my son, so I hope it is not that.

it is your reaction  to them that keeps it going, my experience, just totally ignore and he will tire of it..can be a while and yes its crazy some people are like that.

i do hope it will get solved eventually.

8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Are you going to any venue like a live music performance that has a Shoutcast server? These can be used to pick up your IP address. But it would have to be him with access to that Shoutcast AFAIK. Is there any situation that is like this?

I think it's good you are determined to have a Second Life and be rid of this creep. I have a really creepy former tenant who was evicted for putting multiple alts into a one-per-person rental who has stalked me for 4 years and said the craziest, insane stuff, and no amount of abuse reporting cures this so basically I just keep blocking and banning as the alts turn up and go on my way. The best thing to do with griefers is log off, don't engage with them, even 10 minutes will help break the vicious circle.

No, not anymore. After I read alot about those things I enabled my media and sound and voice, just to be sure.

Yes the most insane stuff, but especially he kept saying stuff he knew I was insecure about. And not one time but so many times, It really was a mindgame for him.

I only got more insecure and felt terrible but he used it all by now, so It does not hurt me anymore like before, it makes me stronger now, and so I do log off or I walk away from my laptop for a while.

Oh wow, 4 years thats a long time. Glad you got rid of him.

Thank you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaitlinParker said:

Only if he knows the name of the router, that you call it as, and the password.

No this is all new

I'm guessing he knows her UUIDs and whatever she puts on her profiles and pics.

But you can get someone's UUID from their profile, atleast in FS I know this is possible.

And I am careful what I put in my profile or picks ( pictures only uploaded by the avi Im on) maybe it is my typing style. But I tried to use translater and copy and paste.

You've got yourself a new laptop, new modem and router (with a new name and password I hope), and this guy continues to find you in SL despite your VPN software.

You shouldn't need to change the way you look in SL, but you shouldn't have to put up with someone cyber stalking you.  Keep reporting him when you're 100% certain that it is him.  Yes, it's going to be difficult as this guy has made it extremely difficult for you to trust and make friends online, but you need to take that power from your cyber stalker.  Blocking him also works.

You are right, and Im really trying to talk with others, but when they want to friend me, I dont feel good to do that yet.

I know and I use to block now, before I never did. Because it doesn't matter if he comes back with new alts. And he does have many

thanx

6 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Is there anything you are doing that is consistent, the same all the time across avatars? Like living on a certain parcel of land, going to particular venues, the content of your profiles? The best thing to do is of course to report any behaviour that is against the TOS, but switching things up with what you do and where you go could make it harder for him to find you.

At first I did and there is where he found me the first time, I did not knew so much about all of this. I changed parcels so many times. Mostly I changed every 2 or 3 weeks.

Now I was premium and I had a LH but I changed that, and maybe the content of my typing style in my profile, but tried to change that also with translater.

For almost a year now I dont go anywhere then shopping or staying at my land, but Im sick of that and so im going to other places sometimes now.

Thanx

10 minutes ago, pizza7 said:

it is your reaction  to them that keeps it going, my experience, just totally ignore and he will tire of it..can be a while and yes its crazy some people are like that.

i do hope it will get solved eventually.

You are right, at first I got so angry and always responded and he knew I would do that, or which buttons to push to make me nagry. Now I dont care so much anymore. I realize it is someone who gets a kick from griefing other people. So I do ignore them. But if it is an alt I have not seen before I do not know it the moment we talk. when I know it is him I stop the talking and ignore or block him

Call me skeptical but there is no way that IF you did all these things that the person would be able to find you. NOT possible.

1 First post on the forum

2. Saying all the ways they seem to find you? Or all the ways you are trying to find someone and ran out of ideas/options.

3. What better way to find out ways to stalk someone than to post and get ideas from others.

I'm sure I'll get some flack for this but I just don't believe it.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Call me skeptical but there is no way that IF you did all these things that the person would be able to find you. NOT possible.

2. Saying all the ways they seem to find you? Or all the ways you are trying to find someone and ran out of ideas/options.

3. What better way to find out ways to stalk someone than to post and get ideas from others.

Wow you have managed to take 'blaming the victim' to a whole new level.  Congrats!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Wow you have managed to take 'blaming the victim' to a whole new level.  Congrats!

Well, on the other hand the OP used a typical victim ploy throughout the thread, where every resolution was countered with a "yeah but". That is typically used by those who really don't want an answer that might take away their victimhood legitimacy.

I noted for example she responded to everything except my suggestion about taking a sabbatical from Second Life and going to another virtual game for a while until the perpetrator loses interest and finds a new victim to prey on.

Perpetrators that have such an obsession don't usually go long without finding something new to obsess on.

This might sound harsh but I suspect she really doesn't want an answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:09 AM, Myrthe Mysterious said:

I

Hi again, Myrthe. I suggest not posting anymore. As you can see, the thread has taken a 'victim blaming' turn.  I often see this when a problem is unable to be resolved -- certain people begin blaming the victim for their problems. I hope you don't feel the need to defend yourself against this. Just know there are people out there who have encountered this stalking, and they believe you and have empathy for your situation. I"m sorry we couldn't help you find a solution.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

She has trust issues for starters.  The "but(s)" in her answers are possibly proof that she has tried everything she could think of.

1 hour ago, Myrthe Mysterious said:

No this is all new

But you can get someone's UUID from their profile, atleast in FS I know this is possible.

And I am careful what I put in my profile or picks ( pictures only uploaded by the avi Im on) maybe it is my typing style. But I tried to use translater and copy and paste.

You are right, and Im really trying to talk with others, but when they want to friend me, I dont feel good to do that yet.

I know and I use to block now, before I never did. Because it doesn't matter if he comes back with new alts. And he does have many

thanx

Yes, and even if the guy changes his name on any of the accounts, the UUIDs for each remain the same no matter what.

It could be your spelling as I do see hints of Broken English in your writing.

Talking is good, and not lowering your guard is a reactionary response because of what this guy has done to you in terms of cyber stalking.  The only person who can decide if you want to be friends with someone is you.

38 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well, on the other hand the OP used a typical victim ploy throughout the thread, where every resolution was countered with a "yeah but". That is typically used by those who really don't want an answer that might take away their victimhood legitimacy.

I noted for example she responded to everything except my suggestion about taking a sabbatical from Second Life and going to another virtual game for a while until the perpetrator loses interest and finds a new victim to prey on.

Perpetrators that have such an obsession don't usually go long without finding something new to obsess on.

This might sound harsh but I suspect she really doesn't want an answer.

When I try to help someone and an answer can't be found I assume there is no answer or that I wasn't smart enough to find an answer for them.

But when you try to help someone and no answer can be found you assume the person seeking help wants to be a victim and is not really seeking an answer.

Interesting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

When I try to help someone and an answer can't be found I assume there is no answer or that I wasn't smart enough to find an answer for them.

But when you try to help someone and no answer can be found you assume the person seeking help wants to be a victim and is not really seeking an answer.

Interesting.

For you:

Codependency-Quiz.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myrthe Mysterious said:

Well not everything, not the PC and PS4 from my son, so I hope it is not that.

This, then.

If the stalker is STILL finding you?  I'm assuming the stalker is still finding you even now, so I will say, please make sure you have treated your son's PC with an anti-spyware service and a general malware blocker. 

And in my family, if it were me, I would also make sure it wasn't actually my son or his friends playing pranks on square little old me.

• Like 2