Firestorm : Help, what is it?

Nuvya

Hiii :)
Well, I think something weird happened to me recently when I open the Firestorm viewer and this message appears. So I just ignored it and closed the viewer and opened it again and another message appeared.
Is this something common?

I don't know but now I don't want to log in hahah.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. ❤️

Captura de pantalla (1151).png

Captura de pantalla (1153).png

Captura de pantalla (1154).png

• Haha 2

Personally, I find nothing amusing in this at all. My first thought was a hack. I have a lot of time and money invested in SL. The last thing I need is a hack.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

It's amazing how many people don't have a sense of humor anymore....amazing, no...sad. :/

Some jokes are funny. Some are not.

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The Firestorm team has been doing it for years and April Fools Day is celebrated around the globe, not just the US.  It didn't even originate here.

Thanks. I guess I didn't login on April fools day in the past. Now I know.

2 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

and in todays world, we need humor, this was just that, funny, a light hearted joke.  

If I knew that it WAS humour, then it IS funny. The problem is, I didn't. The OP didn't know either.  If I had known it wasn't some sort of hack, them I would have laughed!!!

4 hours ago, Nuvya said:

Hiii :)
Well, I think something weird happened to me recently when I open the Firestorm viewer and this message appears. So I just ignored it and closed the viewer and opened it again and another message appeared.
Is this something common?

I don't know but now I don't want to log in hahah.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. ❤️

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

If I knew that it WAS humour, then it IS funny. The problem is, I didn't. The OP didn't know either.  If I had known it wasn't some sort of hack, them I would have laughed!!!

The OP added a smiley emoji and laughed, so they probably suspected it was a joke of some kind. 

If this had appeared on any other day, I could see how you might suspect a hack, but on April 1st one should consider it might be a harmless joke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Oh come on...you aren't seriously upset by this are you?  Do you really think they took all your virtual pets and turned them into Godzilla? Your reaction must be an April Fool's joke. If not, lighten up! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My first FS login said my castle was  bobbing up and down after the new Physics install.   I was worried my candles would fall off the shelves and burn my castle down.  Then I remembered I didn't have a castle on my land anymore.  Whew that was close!

I guess LL did nothing at all this year for April Fools Day.  And that was the joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The OP added a smiley emoji and laughed, so they probably suspected it was a joke of some kind. 

If this had appeared on any other day, I could see how you might suspect a hack, but on April 1st one should consider it might be a harmless joke.

I totally forgot April 1st was April Fools Day!!!

12 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Oh come on...you aren't seriously upset by this are you?  Do you really think they took all your virtual pets and turned them into Godzilla? Your reaction must be an April Fool's joke. If not, lighten up! 

I won't be upset next year. I'll know to expect it. It makes me look forward to what they can come up with!!!

On 4/2/2024 at 1:40 AM, Rowan Amore said:

It's April Fools Day.

The images were a bit hard for me to real, so I checked with my own viewer. Yes, there is date/time info visible on that screen.

But I am still, several days later, getting similar warning messages. Same style, not jokes, but I know I wasn't getting them, a week ago, before All Fools Day. So it looks like some setting in Firestorm changed, but I have had no luck in discovering how I can switch this off.

I could have accidentally turned it on, I was trying to find a different setting, but finding these switches can be difficult.

43 minutes ago, arabellajones said:

The images were a bit hard for me to real, so I checked with my own viewer. Yes, there is date/time info visible on that screen.

But I am still, several days later, getting similar warning messages. Same style, not jokes, but I know I wasn't getting them, a week ago, before All Fools Day. So it looks like some setting in Firestorm changed, but I have had no luck in discovering how I can switch this off.

I could have accidentally turned it on, I was trying to find a different setting, but finding these switches can be difficult.

Did you backup your FS settings? If you did, then restore them and see what happens.

1 hour ago, arabellajones said:

There is one warning about the Hover issue that showed up today that looks similar to the April.Fools windows.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is one warning about the Hover issue that showed up today that looks similar to the April.Fools windows.

That's still happening, regardless of the viewer used. TP'd for a while today with the latest Kokua release in Linux. I'm not annoyed by it as it hasn't caused other problems for me, like randomly losing stuff in inventory, but it should be fixed soon.

11 hours ago, arabellajones said:

That one is actually no longer an April Fools' joke, but a legitimate message with a legitimate link to the Lab's bug reporting system. Have you even checked the link? ;) The message was issued due to the fact that the support division got flooded with inquiries asking about this issue; And no, there is no way to remove that from the splash screen for a user - the message will need to be removed by the Firestorm team when it is deemed fit to do so. And that is intentional.

Edited by panterapolnocy