Why Are My People In Group Chat Act Stupid and Ignores Me?

OP Note: Please move this topic elsewhere in the forum If I post in the wrong category, thank you for your time~

---

Heya, Queenie here! I'm posting my first forum topic about the problem with the people who are stupid and ignore my chat all the way through.

I was part of the adult Pokemon group chat when I post a video link in the group chat to to see for people in the group chat, so what are my people in group chat respond to my video link? One of them act stupid and reply to my video link by making a direct reference to the Futurama (cartoon) homage of Fantastic Voyage (film).

I really hate these kind of people who are acting stupid and basically ignore my chat, TWICE. I won't be mentioning the person in SL who references it in group chat to avoid a slightly violation from the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines or both.

Are you guys felt victim to these kind of people in group chat (not including furries themselves)?

5 hours ago, Nidoqueen031 said:

OP Note: Please move this topic elsewhere in the forum If I post in the wrong category, thank you for your time~

---

Heya, Queenie here! I'm posting my first forum topic about the problem with the people who are stupid and ignore my chat all the way through.

I was part of the adult Pokemon group chat when I post a video link in the group chat to to see for people in the group chat, so what are my people in group chat respond to my video link? One of them act stupid and reply to my video link by making a direct reference to the Futurama (cartoon) homage of Fantastic Voyage (film).

I really hate these kind of people who are acting stupid and basically ignore my chat, TWICE. I won't be mentioning the person in SL who references it in group chat to avoid a slightly violation from the Terms of Service or Community Guidelines or both.

Are you guys felt victim to these kind of people in group chat (not including furries themselves)?

If you posted a link in a group chat I wouldn't even click on it. 

You've used the word "stupid" twice in this post. I'd ignore you too.

Mentioning residents by name is not a slightly violation of the TOS. It's a direct violation.

Yes I've fallen victim to these types of people. It's called life. At least here you can block them unlike RL where you have to put up with them.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

No one is obliged to listen to or comment on anyone in group chat, local chat, IM, or even the forums.  

I ignore people all the time.  😁

Exactly, I have a whole list of people I ignore. Don't take it personally op and widen your social group ^^. Friendship goes both ways. If I were you I would stop giving that person my time and attention 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

If you posted a link in a group chat I wouldn't even click on it. 

You've used the word "stupid" twice in this post. I'd ignore you too.

Mentioning residents by name is not a slightly violation of the TOS. It's a direct violation.

Yes I've fallen victim to these types of people. It's called life. At least here you can block them unlike RL where you have to put up with them.

I thought maybe we learned that "if nobody responds to your group posts, they must be stupid people"?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Nidoqueen031 said:

---

I wondered if this was a serious post, apparently it is......😜 Carry on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/23/2024 at 6:53 PM, Nidoqueen031 said:

Be careful about assuming that all group chat messages get through to everyone. They don't. I've experienced it multiple times when my main and alt accounts would see a difference in what they each received in messages from the same group, especially when the grid is busy. I've even posted on one account and the alt didn't see the message. 

• Like 2

People aren't going to follow a video link unless they trust you, so it's not a good way to get a response. People are more likely to reply to saying hello or asking a question.

I'm not sure what the problem was with someone making a joke that referenced other media, unless the group has a rule that it's Pokemon only. I guess they were insulting or something. Which happens.

About the only vaguely similar experience I had was someone trying to turn a statement I made into an adult joke on a general rated group. They'd assumed they were in a sex group, so somehow, somewhere, me buying a sky whale had to be about sex. They also knew nothing about whales. So the joke made no sense and was funny to nobody. But I guess they learnt something about whales that day when they tried to explain the joke and people had to gently explain that it didn't work that way.

• Like 2