Needs More Cowbell....

What elements do you think various Linden Home themes need more of?

For instance, I think the Ranch theme needs a least one region with nothing but a cornfield with a crop circle in it. It wouldn't hurt to have some cow and cowbell sounds too.

• Like 11

I like your cornfield/crop circle idea. I do like that....  Caribou? ... has ponds and a barrel racing arena.

I'm hoping the eventual Ranch community center is a fairground, with an arena, food trucks, and buildings with typical displays of western fairgrounds (kids art, baking contests... ours even has a hay bale competition.), a bandstand, and rides (gotta have a ferris wheel and carousel).

A forested region or two with bridle paths would be awesome too - riding groups do have rides through the ranch regions frequently. An alternative to forests would be a typical western look: low hills with sagebrush and rock, meadowlarks singing...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zero Starchild said:

Hobbit houses that are not square shaped like all the other LH layouts!

They did have those in the old Linden homes.  Not sure how popular they were back then...

photo1(1).webp.b0aaa5b6149c5ff841f1870079034efb.webp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Talking about Belli needs.. does Belli have those self driving hover cars that travel all the other mainland continents? I'd love to stand out in front of my house and hop on one and go exploring.

That’s more a case of being taken for a ride rather than exploring. It is easy to explore in Bellisseria…stand out in front of your house, walk or rez your own vehicle, open the map and follow the paths, roads, railways and waterways. Move at your own pace and take in the delights of this beautiful continent.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Henry Blackwood said:

That’s more a case of being taken for a ride rather than exploring. It is easy to explore in Bellisseria…stand out in front of your house, walk or rez your own vehicle, open the map and follow the paths, roads, railways and waterways. Move at your own pace and take in the delights of this beautiful continent.

I can only imagine trudging through endless sims of sameness, each block of houses identical to the block before.

And driving is more trouble than its worth. Thank you for the suggestions though 😁

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Talking about Belli needs.. does Belli have those self driving hover cars that travel all the other mainland continents?

It sort of does, at the train station of the Linden Homes demo region at the newbie welcome hub has a P.A.T (personal automated transport) rezzer. it will take you through a tour of some of the Log District to another newbie/demo pair of regions. It would be nice if there were more of those or even the mainland pod tours going to the community regions and significant points of interest in Bellisseria

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It sort of does, at the train station of the Linden Homes demo region at the newbie welcome hub has a P.A.T (personal automated transport) rezzer. it will take you through a tour of some of the Log District to another newbie/demo pair of regions. It would be nice if there were more of those or even the mainland pod tours going to the community regions and significant points of interest in Bellisseria

I hate the pods, endlessly cycling with no one in them, they just make mainland feel incredibly empty to me.  Plus they're kind of ugly.  Btw, there's also a mole ferry  running between the Bellisseria Fairgrounds dock to nearby regions. 

I DO like the idea of ON-CALL ferries of all kinds.  I tend to put up ferries whenever I can - in fact, right outside my home in Sakura there's a signboard offering two ferries: one running to the lovely Shobu community center, and the other to the surfing beach at the community center for the stilts.   http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiawasena Itachi/173/66/23

You are of course also welcome to wander through my home there as well.  Note that if you cam up some from this landing spot, you'll also see Mount Sojisan, which offers sledding.  It's actually a short walk away.  I'll be adding more ferries if I have time.

Note, also, that if you put a train in cruise mode, it's very much like a ferry.  Pick up a good freebie train, and maybe start at the station in Axminster  (the moles have put a really nice Visitor's Center there that shows you the various places you can get to via train).  The run through Logland all the way to Bridle Path is beautiful.

I think that it would be cool if the moles provided ferries on demand between each of the Community Centers.  I'd be willing to BECOME a mole, lol, to do that for them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

I know I won't get it but I would like there to be a few more connection points between the fantasy regions and the rest of belli.

I'd love it if the various public spots worked as short term rez zones, and had radios playing some 'free music radio' streams of a fitting theme, and a few dance balls. Some of them do have parts of this. Essentially add elements that makes it "easy" for people to want to just randomly hang out in these spots any time, and not just when they're reserved.

I wish the bridges throughout the fantasy region would either 'auto raise' when a vehicle passed through some 'collision prim' in the water a bit of a distance from them, lowering shortly after - or had a thing to 'tap' that would raise them (I think Bay City has this if I remember right). I believe the same concern exists for Sakura and some assorted spots - but I haven't looked in a while.

I'll agree with the idea of 'on call' ferries. Maybe on-call coaches and taxis also.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I wish the bridges throughout the fantasy region would either 'auto raise' when a vehicle passed through some 'collision prim' in the water a bit of a distance from them, lowering shortly after - or had a thing to 'tap' that would raise them (I think Bay City has this if I remember right).

I take care of this by making my boat phantom.  You'll still collide with a low bridge if your seat is high up in the boat, but generally that's not the case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I just realized maybe not everyone on this forum knows the Saturday Night Live sketch to which this thread title refers. Are people outside of the US familiar with SNL?

Sadly no and that vid is not even available in my country it says 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I just realized maybe not everyone on this forum knows the Saturday Night Live sketch to which this thread title refers. Are people outside of the US familiar with SNL?

Video is unavailable for me too. I do know what Saturday Night Live is, and it’s actually shown on one channel here, but I’ve never watched it other than seeking out a sketch many years ago with John Belushi playing Captain Kirk. As for the cowbell reference …. Not a clue.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

Sadly no and that vid is not even available in my country it says 😞

3 hours ago, Henry Blackwood said:

Video is unavailable for me too. I do know what Saturday Night Live is, and it’s actually shown on one channel here, but I’ve never watched it other than seeking out a sketch many years ago with John Belushi playing Captain Kirk. As for the cowbell reference …. Not a clue.

Sorry. It was a sketch many years ago about Blue Otster Cult in a recording studio recording "Don't Pay the Reaper" with Christopher Walken as the director/promoter. He keeps telling the band they need more cowbell in the song.

Maybe Vemo will work, instead of YouTube.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

oooookayyyyyy ... this is now a Christopher Walken thread.

I forgot he was in that. 

ETA: I usually only remember Steve Martin (who I believe was the lead).

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:47 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

It would be nice if there were more of those or even the mainland pod tours going to the community regions and significant points of interest in Bellisseria

To revise this post I'm currently on the Jeogeot Gulf and Pyri Peaks Yava pod tour it goes through some of Bellisseria's southern Victorian and houseboat coastal regions. stopping at Fair Keel and Mermaid Frolic for a short while, En route to Pyri Peaks plus Lake Hall briefly on the way back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1