Skin Fair 2024 - what are you excited for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

Hopefully some good fantasy skins... getting more into anthro/trans mode lately for myself (sorry, female alts lol). I already have way too many Lelutka heads so I'll just wait for the update. Been using the Prim head more often... *cries for Irina lol*

Petrichor has a beautiful pastel colored fantasy skin, and a male and female version are both in the pack. I'll post a picture I took for blog coverage on here when I get to my computer.

Edited To Add:

PETRICHOR_001.jpg

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 3

"What are you excited for?"

Nothing.

I just peeked through the shopping guide and I'm not seeing anything interesting. One skin looked unique enough to make me curious (the weathered metal) and might be worth a demo. Another looked pretty in an intriguing way, but it only comes in light Velour skin tones, so nah.

Not enough non-human/fantasy heads or skins (except BeSpoke, and I've already got the sphynx and steampunk rat) for my taste and I'm so over the scars and bruises trend. Ugh.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 3

I'd love to buy the new Bille from Lelutka because of price alone. However, it's taken nearly two years of tweaking to get my face shape looking exactly like I want (still looking for a small cleft for the tip of my nose, but so close now) that I probably would never change*, but can you afford to miss that 50% sale on the new Leltuka head? Just to keep in your back pocket?  I think not.

*I'm so stuck in my look that I only rock two hair styles these days, despite a folder full of hairs.

• Like 3

@Dreamer Pixelmaid and I were chatting about the Skin Fair yesterday....and I had to laugh when she called the Genus Morph head the "Ms. Potato Head" of mesh heads! So true!

I believe the full package (with all the available options for ears, mouths, noses, eyes, etc.) comes to L$7,650 (that's the 50%-off price during the Skin Fair), but if you're one of those people who buys multiple LeLutka heads to get different looks because you can't mod the nose or mouth enough, it kinda pays for itself. It's essentially the same as the cost of two full-price LeLutka heads.

I finally upgraded Vanity Fair from a Catwa Kimberly head to the new female Era2 head from LAQ (currently using the Sophia skin). The HUD's not perfect, but I just love the level of detail on the UltimateHUD skins! There's a new free freckled Era2 UltimateHUD skin gift called Elowen at the LAQ booth at the Skin Fair.

Genus Morph.jpg

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

...but can you afford to miss that 50% sale on the new Leltuka head? Just to keep in your back pocket?

Yes.

It's so rare for me to spend more than 1500L for a head these days (I don't think I've ever bought a female Lel head now that I think about it, and my last actual Lel purchase was a discounted Ford in pre-Quinn days), so unless the price is that or below, I'm good. 😄 

Because I buy and wear so many heads, I have to set a hard limit somewhere, and that's usually the price. Unisex and morphing features help convince me to grab my wallet, too, since I can do more with those. I have a few heads on my "to buy eventually"  list that can morph between "oh, how cool/cute/pretty" and "ok, that's horrifying."

Added stuffs
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I'd love to buy the new Bille from Lelutka because of price alone. However, it's taken nearly two years of tweaking to get my face shape looking exactly like I want (still looking for a small cleft for the tip of my nose, but so close now) that I probably would never change*, but can you afford to miss that 50% sale on the new Leltuka head? Just to keep in your back pocket?  I think not.

*I'm so stuck in my look that I only rock two hair styles these days, despite a folder full of hairs.

I have had the Lake head since it was new, and found nothing I like better. But I have not been 100% satisfied with the nose tip and the eyelids. I got what I want in Billie now. It is going to be my new head. That it is 50% off is great. But the price is not so important. I try every new head, and Lel heads are often at a reduced price in events, and always in Black Friday.

I would not spend money on a head, just to put it away.

Unless it is free heads. I have every free head and is never using them, but I can't throw them out.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, graceblakeley said:

I notice a few grandma skins out there, which I think are great, although I won't buy. But it is sad that there are no grandpa offerings. I really want to make a nice grandpa avatar for my male alt. So tired of all the male muscles, young hunks, pretty boys and tough guy offerings out there.

Poema has a couple of skins that lean daddy but could be aged up to Pop Pop with a few BOM lines and wrinkles.

POEMA_001.jpg

POEMA2_001.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

"What are you excited for?"

Nothing.

I just peeked through the shopping guide and I'm not seeing anything interesting. One skin looked unique enough to make me curious (the weathered metal) and might be worth a demo. Another looked pretty in an intriguing way, but it only comes in light Velour skin tones, so nah.

Not enough non-human/fantasy heads or skins (except BeSpoke, and I've already got the sphynx and steampunk rat) for my taste and I'm so over the scars and bruises trend. Ugh.

It's about the same for me after looking through the guide..

I see one that I might go ahead and demo..  I think that's all I walked away with last year as well..

This one is a Skinnery, which I kind of stopped using their skins because of the light tones.. We'll see if this one  is as dark toned as it looks in the add.. I'm thinking it's not gonna be, but the demo will tell all..hehehe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

@Dreamer Pixelmaid and I were chatting about the Skin Fair yesterday....and I had to laugh when she called the Genus Morph head the "Ms. Potato Head" of mesh heads! So true!

I believe the full package (with all the available options for ears, mouths, noses, eyes, etc.) comes to L$7,650 (that's the 50%-off price during the Skin Fair), but if you're one of those people who buys multiple LeLutka heads to get different looks because you can't mod the nose or mouth enough, it kinda pays for itself. It's essentially the same as the cost of two full-price LeLutka heads.

I finally upgraded Vanity Fair from a Catwa Kimberly head to the new female Era2 head from LAQ (currently using the Sophia skin). The HUD's not perfect, but I just love the level of detail on the UltimateHUD skins! There's a new free freckled Era2 UltimateHUD skin gift called Elowen at the LAQ booth at the Skin Fair.

Genus Morph.jpg

That looks neat but I wish Lel would do something like that, this particular brand leaves me wanting, to say the least.

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's about the same for me after looking through the guide..

I see one that I might go ahead and demo..  I think that's all I walked away with last year as well..

This one is a Skinnery, which I kind of stopped using their skins because of the light tones.. We'll see if this one  is as dark toned as it looks in the add.. I'm thinking it's not gonna be, but the demo will tell all..hehehe

Oh, I didn't even bother looking at the darker skins. You know my feelings on that quest already, LOL.

The intriguing skin for me was from...uhhhh....La Maldita Bruja. It was giving me Sevdaliza vibes (and she's gorgeous), but the skin tones are much too light for me. Boo.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, I didn't even bother looking at the darker skins. You know my feelings on that quest already, LOL.

The intriguing skin for me was from...uhhhh....La Maldita Bruja. It was giving me Sevdaliza vibes (and she's gorgeous), but the skin tones are much too light for me. Boo.

I went ahead and got the Genus Morph fatpack and grabbed a couple of their skin fatpacks.. It looks like a fun pack to play around with plus they really do make some beautiful skins.

The one from the skinnery didn't really look right for me..

That'll be it for me this year at the skin fair.. Even though I've said that before.. lol

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I went ahead and got the Genus Morph fatpack and grabbed a couple of their skin fatpacks.. It looks like a fun pack to play around with plus they really do make some beautiful skins.

The one from the skinnery didn't really look right for me..

That'll be it for me this year at the skin fair.. Even though I've said that before.. lol

Oh, you were set to spend some money, LOL. I'm too cheap for all that. The morph thinggie Genus is doing is pretty interesting, but I could get like 5 (or more) heads for the price of all that.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh, you were set to spend some money, LOL. I'm too cheap for all that. The morph thinggie Genus is doing is pretty interesting, but I could get like 5 (or more) heads for the price of all that.

I really was just going there to demo that skin, then that didn't work out and seen Genus just over the way some.. Then seen the Morph pack and then the skins and was like.....

OKAAAY! This looks fun.. Lets DEW ET!!\o/

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

It is cheap skins and makeup for sale all the time, I will only buy full price if it is very special. I picked up a nice set for 60L at the weekend sale already, from one of my favorite stores, Jack Spoon.

I saw the Skinnery skins in the shopping guide. They look really good. I will go and take that demo later.

I have not unpacked all the gifts from Christmas yet, hehe. So I have tons of skin and makeup laying around.

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really was just going there to demo that skin, then that didn't work out and seen Genus just over the way some.. Then seen the Morph pack and then the skins and was like.....

OKAAAY! This looks fun.. Lets DEW ET!!\o/

hehehe

Start a thread to post all 17 of your new looks in when you get them done! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing for me after checking it all. Not a budget issue in my case, I'd love to throw some money at creators, but there's really nothing I want. Not liking the Billie head on myself at all and given the rig it doesn't shape into anything I like, especially the chin area.

Snow Rabbit head actually looks pretty good, and that comes from someone who has been using Lelutka heads from pre-bento days. But it's just not the look I want/need for myself either. Genus morph stuff looks terrible in my opinion. Plus it's Genus, with their so called "4k" rubbish, so a hard pass.

Edited by steeljane42

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Start a thread to post all 17 of your new looks in when you get them done! 😂

It's actually kind of fun to play with..  With all the shapes I already have and running it through the different mesh parts and things on the hud.. It's been kind of relaxing fun, which I really needed today.. hehehe

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's actually kind of fun to play with..  With all the shapes I already have and running it through the different mesh parts and things on the hud.. It's been kind of relaxing fun, which I really needed today.. hehehe

Is it female only? I didn't look at the ads too hard. Having stuff like that with male and female neck fits would be fun. Also, if third parties could make individual facial features (like they can do for nails, hands, feet, wings, tails, torsos, etc. for bodies), that'd rock.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is it female only? I didn't look at the ads too hard. Having stuff like that with male and female neck fits would be fun. Also, if third parties could make individual facial features (like they can do for nails, hands, feet, wings, tails, torsos, etc. for bodies), that'd rock.

I only seen a female version there and only female skins too.. But more than likely if this one does well, they'll probably do a male version as well, if it's not already in the works..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I only seen a female version there and only female skins too.. But more than likely if this one does well, they'll probably do a male version as well, if it's not already in the works..

Any visible seams or weirdness around the nose/mouth/eyes? Did you check it in different EEPs? With and without makeup?

No, I'm not going to buy this thing, LOL. I'm just super curious how it all works and how effective it is in the end. It's an interesting idea.

21 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Any visible seams or weirdness around the nose/mouth/eyes? Did you check it in different EEPs? With and without makeup?

No, I'm not going to buy this thing, LOL. I'm just super curious how it all works and how effective it is in the end. It's an interesting idea.

I've been using the personal lighting and going through different EEPs and moving the sun around on the face to where I get good shadows and sun on the face and scanning the head and not seeing any lines where the mesh parts go at all.. It's all really smooth as far as I see so far..

I'm in ultra also and just on the regular skins, not the 2k or 4k or whatever those are called..

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I have used a 4k skin with it, and there are no seams at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

The only problem I'm really having and I noticed this on my other updated Genus heads as well, is trying to use any of my Genus eyes or bom eyes that were before the updated heads..  They go really beady small or they have this pretty defined light blue ring around the Iris.

I'm hoping I'm missing something I'm supposed to click or something.. I would hate to not be able to use my Avi Glam eyes.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I've been using the personal lighting and going through different EEPs and moving the sun around on the face to where I get good shadows and sun on the face and scanning the head and not seeing any lines where the mesh parts go at all.. It's all really smooth as far as I see so far..

I'm in ultra also and just on the regular skins, not the 2k or 4k or whatever those are called..

6 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

That's awesome! Maybe some other head makers will give that idea a try some day. 👀

Now that I think about it, there is a furry head that would benefit from doing that. It's a bird and comes with 12 different varieties/beak styles and positions. Being able to just swap the beaks instead of the entire head would be kind of neat. I don't think the base head changes much, if at all.

Fixing stuffs
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.