Lelutka Announces 4.0 Update

EmmaAsht0n

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 12:47 AM, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Maybe itโ€™s just the skin, but I do not care for the male head.. I think itโ€™s the frowning brow line. Probably a good tough guy look. ๐Ÿ‘€ย 

I'm not a fan of the male head either (he looks a bit like a thug to me) but it's nice to see more diversity in the "skin-based facial expressions", if I can call it that. There are enough Ken-wannabes (and Barbies) in SL ๐Ÿ˜

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

I'm not a fan of the male head either (he looks a bit like a thug to me) but it's nice to see more diversity in the "skin-based facial expressions", if I can call it that. There are enough Ken-wannabes (and Barbies) in SL ๐Ÿ˜

I see more Jason Momoas than Ken dollys!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

To be fair it just probably needs the right skin. I know the free Quinn head looked awful to me in its advert but the head itself was quite good after finding the right skins for it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I see more Jason Momoas than Ken dollys!

๐Ÿ˜†ย True.

3 hours ago, Modulated said:

To be fair it just probably needs the right skin. I know the free Quinn head looked awful to me in its advert but the head itself was quite good after finding the right skins for it.

I agree. A skin can make a dramatic change.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

1 = Avalonย  2 = Billie

I didn't change my shape at all, and not seeing much difference except face and eye shape needing a bit of tweaking.ย  Maybe its just me.

ge1.jpg

I would say, the more I look at them the more I start to see the differences in them.. They do look similar though for sure..

The real difference is probably what one head might be able to do in the sliders and the other maybeย  more limited or expansive in other areas..

Myself, I would try a few different skins and different tones and test it out more and see if I seen differences with other skins and then also would test the sliders to see where one stops short and the other doesn't if they do....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I would say, the more I look at them the more I start to see the differences in them.. They do look similar though for sure..

The real difference is probably what one head might be able to do in the sliders and the other maybeย  more limited or expansive in other areas..

Myself, I would try a few different skins and different tones and test it out more and see if I seen differences with other skins and then also would test the sliders to see where one stops short and the other doesn't if they do....

I agree. I've never bought the Avalon, though I've demo'd it many times. I just can't get the face I want with it; however, I loved the Billie when I first tried it on. But then I played with the shape too much and got it all chiseled in a way that was too runway model looking. That's never been my style. So I started over with my old shape and barely moved any of the sliders to get the face I really love. So yeah, they may look similar depending on your shape, but they are different.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I think he would work better with an older skin, and more natural eyebrows.

The poor guy looks like he got some post surgery swelling with the eye lift, chin implant, rhinoplasty and lip fillers. I think some botox snuck in there somewhere. ๐Ÿ˜‚ย  The head does tend to warp every eyebrow I have in my inventory and adjusting the brow sliders didn't do much. If he were to go to a red carpet event we can't have him looking like that, so perhaps a different skin may work better at minimizing tabloid gossip. Failing that, I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that Greg can't pull the Aaron off.

But I'd say the head looks fantastic on @Clem Marquesย though.

ย 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

The head does tend to warp every eyebrow I have in my inventory and adjusting the brow sliders didn't do much.

Yeah, I struggled with that as well. Hard to shape those eyebrows unfortunately. The chin as well.

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

But I'd say the head looks fantastic on @Clem Marquesย though.

Thanks

On 3/12/2024 at 8:21 AM, Eddy Vortex said:

Left is Logan. Right is Aaron. I don't know how I feel about Aaron.

LoganVsAaron.thumb.jpg.d33d8e90d73f93468320445f8b57f069.jpg

ย 

You definitely managed to make it look more natural than I did :Dย Looks very good!

I use Logan as well, and after testing the Aaron head and fiddling with the shape a lot, I decided to stick to the usual Logan head. Though I might use Aaron with a different shape for role-play purposes. That being said, I agree with @Stephanie Misfit's suggestions when it comes to the Aaron head in general. I haven't tested it, but it would probably look really good like this:ย 

8 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I think he would work better with an older skin, and more natural eyebrows.

Another solution could be adding one of those frown lines BOM layers, I think they would suit the head's natural "scowl" quite nicely. They used it in the ad. But I understand that it's not everyone's cup of tea (not mine either)

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Thanks 1

oh thats lovely news and i am so happy they are updating every head to 4.0 , i am using lillyย  head and i really like it, one thing iam confused about is that will the current skins and add ons work on 4.0 head , i am using alot of good makeup so i was wondering if it will work on new head because when i updated from 2.5 to 3.1 the old skins and add ons didnt worked on new one which was kinda sad , other then that i am soo happy for this new updateย 

8 minutes ago, EmmaTyler1 said:

oh thats lovely news and i am so happy they are updating every head to 4.0 , i am using lillyย  head and i really like it, one thing iam confused about is that will the current skins and add ons work on 4.0 head , i am using alot of good makeup so i was wondering if it will work on new head because when i updated from 2.5 to 3.1 the old skins and add ons didnt worked on new one which was kinda sad , other then that i am soo happy for this new updateย 

Yes, the skins and make-up for 3.1 work with 4.0.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

My Siwa has not been updated yet, does anyone know which actually have been updated?

None have been updated yet. There is just the 3 new heads so far.

They are usually pretty quick with the updates once they get rolling.. When they came out with the 3 evo x heads the year those came out, it was around the time of the hair fair..

I wanna say they started putting out updates pretty quickly after the fair that year..

• Like 3

I answered that section on Discord. Basically told them I don't mind if SLUV support is removed. Just don't delete your pre v4.0 boxes of Lelutka heads if you still insist on using SLUV skins. Of course this means heads created before v4.0 may eventually not work with future bodies... but moves like this are often the price of progress.

It's like Linux dropping 32 bit support for the OS a few years ago. (That can be reimplemented to a limited degree, particularly if one uses software like the Wine API.)

Edited by JeromFranzic
'cleanup'

SLUV is as good as dead anyway so yeah, ditch it properly.

I guess standards are always created by the market, I know some have been semi-worried about the sort of gatekeeping of the 'EvoX' layout due to it being a brand and I think maybe that needs to change. EvoX is just a sort of loose standard layout in the industry anyway.

To this end maybe "EvoX" needs to become "SLUV2" or something similar and it needs to be made very clear to the community that the UV layout is for everyone to use and enjoy without any fear of attracting the wrath of people who think you need permission to use it.

ย