Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LOL…. so if you laugh and its interpreted as scorn, thats an actionable offence? Get a warning or even suspended?

It would be VERY surprising if a Moderator responded to a Report which says, "They keep laughing at me, scornfully! Wahhhh!!!"

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It would be VERY surprising is a Moderator responded to a Report which says, "They keep laughing at me, scornfully! Wahhhh!!!"

We all going to jail.

Edited by PermaRuthed
a better video
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

You guys taught me not to feed forum trolls, and here you are feeding the troll, lol.

Well, at least somebody has learned something! Be glad it's you~!

XD

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It would be VERY surprising if a Moderator responded to a Report which says, "They keep laughing at me, scornfully! Wahhhh!!!"

I think they would look to see if we were actually picking on someone unfairly, but most of the time, we're not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

20 hours and 6 pages of added posts after the OP last posted.  Congrats OP,  for creating such a feather storm among the chickens.

Yes, I also thank the OP, for making a topic that has gotten us all so interested in posting that it has resulted in a flurry of activity, including some rather meaningful and thought-provoking posts, even in other threads. I think that is noteworthy, as well.

Don't tell me you didn't appreciate it, I mean, look, it gave you an excuse to post, too.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, PheebyKatz said:

Yes, I also thank the OP, for making a topic that has gotten us all so interested in posting that it has resulted in a flurry of activity, including some rather meaningful and thought-provoking posts, even in other threads. I think that is noteworthy, as well.

Don't tell me you didn't appreciate it, I mean, look, it gave you an excuse to post, too.

It's a trick! We've been trapped into a glorious waste of time, with only minor hope for a happy resolution / ending.  The thread will go out with a bang or a whimper, nothing lasts forever except photographs and Peeves.

• Haha 1

I want an option to spoof account age, so I can look like I'm 18 and not 8. Then they'll let me into all the cool places. I say we come up with every cool option for account age we can think of, and pick the best three to petition for. This is my top one. It should also allow me to pretend I am one day old, so I can foogaboo everyone without making a new alt every day just for that.

• Thanks 1

This topic does make you think actually.

I never knew men faced the same issues of ageism as woman do.

It's like everyone is subconsciously using SL as a dating ap so if you're a girl over 40 you can't make RL baby's so no one is going to want you.

Perhaps it's just human nature.  Men seem to only be interested in 20 something year old girls.

Never mind the fact that the girl is probably not looking for a RL husband at all she is just playing barbie.

Its back to that theory that with the basic necessities for life covered food, shelter, warmth humans resort back to their animalistic natural basic selves which is the drive to reproduce.

That being said I kind of understand why the OP wants to appear younger, but it's wrong to catfish people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

It's like everyone is subconsciously using SL as a dating ap so if you're a girl over 40 you can't make RL baby's so no one is going to want you.

Perhaps it's just human nature.  Men seem to only be interested in 20 something year old girls.

Never mind the fact that the girl is probably not looking for a RL husband at all she is just playing barbie.

Its back to that theory that with the basic necessities for life covered food, shelter, warmth humans resort back to their animalistic natural basic selves which is the drive to reproduce.

That being said I kind of understand why the OP wants to appear younger, but it's wrong to catfish people.

Women over 40 can still have babies. My Mom had me when she was 42. (Most just prefer to have them when they're younger.) Men over 40 may have kids already too, so they might not be wanting more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I don't honestly get it though. He doesn't want to grow up fine. Then don't. but that doesn't change the fact that he is getting older and even the amount of time that he signed up for an SL account is longer. The fact that he can't face that reality and acts like LL should basically bow down to his demands, is what is ridiculous. I mean anyone disagrees with him, he is just gonna take the same approach and do what he says is done to him and do it to others. In another forum post about peeves, me made a post about us being mad and ancients. Making an ageist remark, which basically just breaks his whole opinion he made. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

With his special skill of infuriating women, I would be surprised if he was a woman but anything's possible.  

Just kind of going from.their first post in this thread.  They said they got "cute avatar" as a compliment on their Senra.  That's usually something said to women.  Especially brand new ones being hit on.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just kind of going from.their first post in this thread.  They said they got "cute avatar" as a compliment on their Senra.  That's usually something said to women.  Especially brand new ones being hit on.  

They might have multiple avatars or one that can be any gender.

Can a person with a 16 year old account be 21 in real life? Of course they can. They could be using the account of a parent, sibling, or any other person that is no longer interested in playing.

Age of account is not necessarily indicative of RL age in either direction.

I think the thread has run its course.

Let the OP say they are any age they fancy.

SL is a fantasy, NOT a dating service, and anyone that is deceived because they thought  SL IS a dating service gets exactly what they deserve.

That is all, carry on. 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
pronouns r yer friend
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Instead of arguing about hiding or showing avatar age, why not have the option to show/hide the entire profile?

c6d.jpg

10 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Who is being malicious though? I don't think any of us have been malicious to you.  

If you know , you know. It's not you tho.

10 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

True that we don't have Profiles in RL, but neither RL nor SL is a club where people are cruising for sexual experience all the time. Even in RL I like to meet new people in groups where we have something in common, be it knitting, cooking, hiking.

In SL I like to see common interests before I waste my time interacting with others @ a more social level. There's only so much time in the day, and Profiles provide a convenient shortcut. I especially examine the groups someone is in to get a better idea of common interests.

but we have the option to hide groups, and believe me, I've never had a single group visible, ever. You don't need to knooOOoOOW. Plus i'm in groups that don't even have my interests in mind, solely for the activity. I'm probably one of those people's profiles you'd go " demn, nothing interesting here. " * moves on*. Just how I like it.

10 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Hiding account age is pretty pointless as account Last Names are specific to certain periods of time.

Not if you've purchased one of the newer names! Which I have :'D.. I buy LOTS of things from LL. I'll buy the option to erase my profile from existence if you let me, LL!

27 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

I wanted to respond to this, but it would be completely off topic.  Also, I hope I'm reading it wrong.  The bolded  parts are what I wanted to address, then thought better of it.

I just decided maybe you didn't mean it the way it came off and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have an alt with one of the last names we could get. LL removed last names in its official website in November 2010, but some register portals like the Virtual Library of Birmingham had last names in November 2011. I think LL put an end to last names in third party registration portals just after that date.

It was a NameWatch page where we could find out how many that shared the same last name, but I think it is broken.

NameWatch finally died a couple of years ago. I tried to access it not long ago and it wouldn't load.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I wanted to respond to this, but it would be completely off topic.  Also, I hope I'm reading it wrong.  The bolded  parts are what I wanted to address, then thought better of it.

I just decided maybe you didn't mean it the way it came off and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Thanks for addressing that.  Both of my sisters divorced well after 40 and both have since remarried.  My mother was widowed at 55 and remarried.  To think all men are looking for 20 something women is kind of insulting to both men and women.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Lol. You're gonna keep playing that card even though I've revealed what an antisocial, misanthropic, unapproachable, unapproaching person I am :p... I ain't here for "mating" with the others of my species. If anything, the ability to hide more information about me gives me an even bigger advantage in being the things I listed above! o`o.

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Can a person with a 16 year old account be 21 in real life? Of course they can. They could be using the account of a parent, sibling, or any other person that is no longer interested in playing.

Age of account is not necessarily indicative of RL age in either direction.

I think the thread has run its course.

Let the OP say they are any age they fancy.

SL is a fantasy, NOT a dating service, and anyone that is deceived because they thought  SL IS a dating service gets exactly what they deserve.

That is all, carry on. 😂

That's what I'm saying. We get so many people complaining that people use SL as a dating service, yet here we are using "but you may deceive the people you're trying to date" as a reason not to be able to hide information about ourselves . But like I said, I have no interest in dating anyway :B!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.