2024 - Will LL finally fully acknowledge the Adult side of SL?

38 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

My question though is, what advantage would having "A" rated Linden homes give anyone?  An "M" region allows sex if the parcel has visibility blocked.

has been touched on here by others. People go with Adult rated regions mostly because they don't want the hassle that they can sometimes get from visitors

this is reflected in the no. of regions of different ratings: http://www.gridsurvey.com/index.php?r=a

Private regions: M = 9,652. A = 7,591

Linden regions: M = 7,631. A = 410

from this we can see that Linden regions are proportionately out of balance with private regions. if this was a concern to Linden (it may not be) then if Linden decided to become more Spicy in the provision of land then how might that be done other than just adding more regions to Zindra

Edited by elleevelyn
typs
  • Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Careful, next they'll ban Furry x Human!

That's kind of my point.  There are a few things I wish would be removed from SL but they've been around for years so I guess LL is ok with it?  There is always going to be something that is offensive to one person that isn't to another.  The only rules they should have in an adult Linden home region are the same ones they have in moderate.  I do, however, think it would be fine if all parcels had hide avatars enabled.  If you want people to see you doing your thing, invite them in!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Exactly. And what about sex with silicone torsos? Sex with rabbits? And the underage! Who will think of the pedophiles?

Everyone has to keep it legal. Both RL and SL. 

3 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I didn't read Sam's post as meaning that you are consenting to taking part in any adult activities by being on adult land, just that you consent that you might be exposed to adult things there.

No, of course I am not saying you have to participate but if you rent in an A rated Beli region and are riding your bike and happen upon a couple having sex in their front yard well, you have already given your consent to see that  when you choose to rent a home on that region along with any other activities an A rated region deems within the rules.

No one should ever have to be harassed, hit upon or made to feel uncomfortable without their consent.  This goes for anywhere you are in Second Life because this also happens in G and M rated regions.  The people that care about that stuff won't do it and the ones that don't won't care what you think. 

The only surefire way to get out of any of those uncomfortable situations is block, derender, and the little X on the top right hand of your screen.  People talk about Linden Labs hiding the adult side of SL but also want to put all sorts of caveats to how they want it presented.  No one is ever going to get exactly what they want unless they rent their own region.  

This platform is mainly made up of adults. Stop requiring LL to keep you safe or comfortable.  That's totally up to you.

If you refused to wear a helmet when out riding a motorcycle who is responsible for when you get injured?  Use the tools available which includes logging out.

My prediction is that an A rated Beli is not on LL road map. It would totally turn into a sh*t show in a matter of weeks.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, elleevelyn said:

has been touched on here by others. People go with Adult rated regions mostly because they don't want the hassle that they can sometimes get from visitors

this is reflected in the no. of regions of different ratings: http://www.gridsurvey.com/index.php?r=a

Private regions: M = 9,652. A = 7,591

Linden regions: M = 7,631. A = 410

from this we can see that Linden regions are proportionately out of balance with private regions. if this was a concern to Linden (it may not be) then if Linden decided to become more Spicy in the provision of land then how might that be done other than just adding more regions to Zindra

I can't see it as concern, tbh. I truly don't think LL will be doing anything land related.

42 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is always going to be something that is offensive to one person that isn't to another. 

..is what I meant by

On 12/27/2023 at 4:36 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Yep! And as with everything else, there's a "continuum" of those who despise / those who tolerate /  those who support / those who celebrate "a thing". Anyone on that spectrum "can be toxic" about their own attitudes vs. the attitudes of others regarding "a thing".

Myself, I am fine with being "thing positive", but generally explode when confronted with those who demand "the thing is THIS way, and everyone else is wrong". 

Replace "thing" with bots, microparcels, land barons, furries, sex, kink, violence, religion, politics, acceptance of others, morals, etc. (and any and all "forbidden" topics). Anything "you" don't like, "they" have the wrong attitude on, and vice-versa. (The figurative "you".)

46 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I can't see it as concern, tbh. I truly don't think LL will be doing anything land related.

for sure it would be a very bold move by Linden to start offering A-rated Linden Homes. And tbf to Linden this is all speculation on my part

i personally would like an improved animation system to spicy things up. Which would be a big undertaking. Might happen as an improved animation system does come up in the Damage 2.0 discussion (even tho Linden haven't committed to Damage 2.0 yet)

will be interesting tho to see what Linden thinks is Spicy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

... fetish ... Pony play?  ...  Rubber dolls?

hope not.  If Linden did make a A-rated Linden Homes Fantasy theme then I be pretty tempted to get one

i have a heap of these kinds of outfits and hardly anywhere to wear them without getting random IMs for the rumpy

sniny.thumb.jpg.87c75455514b2ab1904396a51355e152.jpg

I help with the gardening on an A region, but I self-censor my avatar (wear something else) there as is not a fantasy theme region and this look doesn't fit the actual theme

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I'm certain I'm not.  Perhaps you just misunderstand me.

That's double life not a second life.  I disagree that they have the exact same meaning and none of the searches you posted use "second life" either.

Nope, not at all.  It was just idle musings.  99.99999% of posts on the forums don't matter really either.

That's open to interpretation.  Some would say that their use of SL is an extension of the entertainment activities of their real life in the same way as any other type of entertainment is and not another life.  I certainly see it that way.

I didn't misunderstand. My post wasn't all that serious. 

Where and when I grew up it was known as a second life. 

My post was also idle musing with some humor thrown in... or so I thought.

LL's Second Life has always been what the individual makes it with a little cooperation from other residents. That's why it was presented as a creative platform in 2003.

I wasn't intending on getting into any kind of a deep convo, just throwing a little food for thought out there.

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I didn't misunderstand. My post wasn't all that serious. 

Where and when I grew up it was known as a second life. 

My post was also idle musing with some humor thrown in... or so I thought.

LL's Second Life has always been what the individual makes it with a little cooperation from other residents. That's why it was presented as a creative platform in 2003.

I wasn't intending on getting into any kind of a deep convo, just throwing a little food for thought out there.

No worries, all good.  As I said I was just musing myself.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 8:21 PM, Bagnu said:

Everyone has to keep it legal. Both RL and SL. 

I cant put up a link because im on my phone, I’ll do it later from my computer, but British police are investing a virtual rape of an under 16 yr old that took place on some virtual world. In view of that LL might want to reconsider embracing the adult side of second life

• Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I suppose someone could create a dating app hud, I'd love to swipe left on every loser on the app

Someone already did and there's over 12,000 users. How many left swipes you think you'll get? 😋

LL is embracing the adult side of things more publicly, which seems like the adult thing to do. 😇 But maybe it's more akin to GTA-style adult entertainment venues, and not the hardcore stuff.

7 hours ago, ThundrCoder said:

Someone already did and there's over 12,000 users. How many left swipes you think you'll get? 😋

LL is embracing the adult side of things more publicly, which seems like the adult thing to do. 😇 But maybe it's more akin to GTA-style adult entertainment venues, and not the hardcore stuff.

So, whats it called? got a link to mp?

Never mind, I found it, YOU created it 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Gavin Hird said:

RLV support in the SL Viewer anyone?

Long overdue, rather than make you choose an RLV viewer.  Picking a "standard" and making sure it is a "consent-driven" system would seem to be the key requirements. I guess LL has the whelming success of Experiences to draw upon..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Long overdue, rather than make you choose an RLV viewer.  Picking a "standard" and making sure it is a "consent-driven" system would seem to be the key requirements. I guess LL has the whelming success of Experiences to draw upon..

Wait... You actually think that if LL put some cripple-ware edition of RLV in their official Fail-Viewer, that people would STOP using TPV's ?

People who want that "Fail-Viewer + RLV" experience just use Marine Kelly's Viewer, which is basically the Fail Viewer with RLV added, in a way where it can't be switched off.

Most "RLV users", actually use RLVa, found in Firestorm and Catznip. I see little chance of a FS /Catz user changing to Fail-Viewer because it added a botched version of RLV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

People who want that "Fail-Viewer + RLV" experience just use Marine Kelly's Viewer, which is basically the Fail Viewer with RLV added, in a way where it can't be switched off.

I think you are reading too much into it. RLV was used as the general understood term and not a specific implementation.

Besides, isn't Marine Kelly the original creator of RLV, so one would assume she implements the reference version?

Another thing is how much functionality do you need if you are going to sit locked down in one spot gagged out (no sound and speech) staring at a black screen? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Gavin Hird said:

I think you are reading too much into it. RLV was used as the general understood term and not a specific implementation.

Besides, isn't Marine Kelly the original creator of RLV, so one would assume she implements the reference version?

Another thing is how much functionality do you need if you are going to sit locked down in one spot gagged out (no sound and speech) staring at a black screen? 🤣

Due to the Lab's failure to come up with a better Inventory UI, third parties had to use RLV to come up with something that's a little better for organizing the Inventory. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Due to the Lab's failure to come up with a better Inventory UI, third parties had to use RLV to come up with something that's a little better for organizing the Inventory. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078

You absolutely DO NOT need that to organize your outfits using rlv.

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You absolutely DO NOT need that to organize your outfits using rlv.

No but it is capable of presenting your inventory in an external graphical interface which is significantly easier for finding and dressing oneself through. I'm always blown away with items I forgot I had when I open Caspers Redelivery webpage and I see pictures of all the items I have. With the Wardrobe app, I can then click the pictures and through the RLV, wear or remove those items. Much easier then having to use a textual listing.