What Would You Like to Remove From Second Life Permanently?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This would surely make it easier (to use a backdrop in Blender of a photo taken inworld) vs rezzing the item inworld and taking the photo there.

Easier on you? Possibly.

But the idea is to show an SL customer an SL product, so it should look like an SL product, so a picture of it taken in SL.

Editing the picture to crop, resize, add a logo or insert close up thumbnails in the corner, or fade out the edges, like a spotlight filter in the snapshot window is fine.

Remaking the image with Artificial Idiocy, or taking pics in some fancy ray tracer, that's not so fine.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've never done that...never used a photo as a backdrop behind a created object in Blender for a display. That does seem to cross a line in terms of misrepresentation.  But what if I used a photo I took inworld as a backdrop in Blender?  That might be okay. I'll have to consider this more as I make displays for items created in Blender. This would surely make it easier (to use a backdrop in Blender of a photo taken inworld) vs rezzing the item inworld and taking the photo there.

That's the misrepresentation I am talking about, taking a picture in blender, wheter in front of a backdrop or not doesn't matter, instead of taking the picture in inworld. Frankly, do for yourself the test. Take a picture from an item in blender, and then take a picture of that item as in SL and put them aside each other. You will notice that it will look different. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

That's the misrepresentation I am talking about, taking a picture in blender, wheter in front of a backdrop or not doesn't matter, instead of taking the picture in inworld. Frankly, do for yourself the test. Take a picture from an item in blender, and then take a picture of that item as in SL and put them aside each other. You will notice that it will look different. 

I would agree that's the case for most scenarios, but not for all.

• Moles

There's a clear difference of opinion here and nobody is going to be convinced by continued bickering. Please return to a discussion about the main topic of this thread. Leave further discussion of ban lines, driving habits, and security orbs out of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Anubis, because he never did give me my long island iced tea..  that monster!

Snapshot_247.thumb.png.d994a70645b2b6ecac574301df806b17.png

He just stands there, and never even says a friendly "hello".  Plus he banned ancient mole from the bar, what a meanie! 

Snapshot_248.thumb.png.4df8dfc7bfc10b9d84e92ec31bc185f4.png

Pfft employee of the month!  He owns the place, what nerve!

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

They should be removed permanently from Second Life! 

I never intend to bump anyone, but I find it disconcerting that the one I encountered was upset that I had bumped an avatar. (In my defense, I had the setting to hide anyone not on my F-list checked.) Remove that fetus in specific from SL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That reminds me, click to interact/emote tails. I always forget they’re a thing and never disable click to touch and then I’ll go somewhere and some random person will practically get an autoclicker on my tail and spam up chat.

Just begone with the entire concept, if you want click emotes fine, but they shouldn’t be this super prevalent default.

• Like 2

Well, Candide is about the real world.  SL is the iconic one. 

P.S.: Maybe this is an ambiguity of wording. In my mother tongue εικονικός means virtual.  So what I meant really was 'in this ideal virtual world' that is the sl.  But iconic goes alright too except that one should not by mistake think it is said about rl.  I myself did not mean it, or it might be ironic.

Edited by examining
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, examining said:

Candide is about the real world

Okay. I mean, "about" is doing a lot of work there, but I think I get the point. To this thread, though, it's a lot easier to improve this virtual world than to have much effect on the real one, so it may be forgivable to propose some SL changes. (Scrolling back, though, such proposals are as fraught as competing real world political philosophies, so maybe Pangloss knew best when it comes to SL.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, examining said:

Because that's the topic of the thread. 

• Like 1

'Candide is considered Voltaire’s signature work, and it is here that he levels his sharpest criticism against nobility, philosophy, the church, and cruelty' I quote from the internet. Under this light maybe one should ask for forgiveness -or even NOT ask for it- when he proposes changes. Generally speaking.  I think though Pangloss did not know anything about sl. So I expressed  my feelings about sl independently of above agenda.  I said nothing should be changed in sl as far as it concerns me.  It is subjective and others are not urged to agree with me. 

P.S. I will not reply further, I must decorate for Christmas -I mean my sl house. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.