Women's expectations: Unrealistic

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's mostly because he's only in a towel and ever since the first time I did that, I never got tired of seeing that.:D

Sorry to still be clueless (I am a citizen of the State of Confusion since birth), but is that so the towel will fall off, or just to see all his muscles flexing without clothes in the way?

No that it is any of my business ofc, but I could think of some nice role plays, and I have zero interest in how men look lol.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I guess we can have unrealistic expectations too, but once again I am so glad I am a lesbian. 

"Unrealistic expectations" is really a pretty value-neutral term; it's not at all the same as "unreasonable expectation."

One's partner can disappoint because they have failed to master the basics of interacting in a sensitive and generous way with one, or because one is asking of them more than they, or perhaps anyone, are capable of giving. To be disappointed is not automatically to be in "the right."

I think, personally, that there is a baseline for all human engagement, and that is to treat the other person in a manner that acknowledges that they too are a human being, and deserving of basic civility and respect. (Unless of course they've done something that justifies a different approach.)

The tricky part, and I think this applies to all relationships to some degree, and not just hetero or romantic ones, is negotiating through communication what one's expectations are, and determining if they are compatible with what the other person can provide.

Sometimes . . . they just can't.

Lovely to see you back, Caer, even if only a flying visit!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Just imagine it's your girlfriend fresh out the shower instead. 😉 

I still don't get it unless she is naked. And most women that I know tend to put on a robe or something. Even if they were in a towel it would cover everything but their arms and legs. Which, I mean, those are nice too!

Love your name btw! As in, I love the name itself, and I like that character. Since I read a certain book, I always picture it as being queer, though, lol. Then again, I do that with most things; I recently read Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and in my head canon it ended very differently lol (really, just ended in the direction it had been going up until the very end lol).

I love your posts, too, very well-thought-out and balanced, IMO. 🤗

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I'm not sure how one would use that machine in bed!

..perhaps while preparing midnight snacks..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Sorry to still be clueless (I am a citizen of the State of Confusion since birth), but is that so the towel will fall off, or just to see all his muscles flexing without clothes in the way?

No that it is any of my business ofc, but I could think of some nice role plays, and I have zero interest in how men look lol.

Clean is sexy imo. A man with good muscle tone is sexy, and those muscles would be more visible if he's just wearing a towel. I think he would also seem more vulnerable when he's just wearing a towel, which could also be sexy too.

Speaking as a women who's attracted to both men and women, I think we tend to imagine someone like Jason Momoa coming out of a shower, rather than Jason Alexander (George Costaza on Sienfield), but either can be sexy when it's someone you love.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One's partner can disappoint because they have failed to master the basics of interacting in a sensitive and generous way with one, or because one is asking of them more than they, or perhaps anyone, are capable of giving. To be disappointed is not automatically to be in "the right."

OMG! This has happened so many times to me in RL.  You'd love the stories, but I don't want to get banned and/or shunned for overshare.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I was just being light hearted in the thread is all..

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"Unrealistic expectations" is really a pretty value-neutral term; it's not at all the same as "unreasonable expectation."

I think, personally, that there is a baseline for all human engagement, and that is to treat the other person in a manner that acknowledges that they too are a human being, and deserving of basic civility and respect. (Unless of course they've done something that justifies a different approach.)

The tricky part, and I think this applies to all relationships to some degree, and not just hetero or romantic ones, is negotiating through communication what one's expectations are, and determining if they are compatible with what the other person can provide.

Sometimes . . . they just can't.

Lovely to see you back, Caer, even if only a flying visit!

What we call 'the talking phase' lol. Sure, there are the players and the people who just want a quick sexual experience or want physical and emotionally intimacy without forming a romantic relationship (as you mentioned earlier), but those of us who *do* want a long-term deeper relationship tend to take things more slowly, at least emotionally, I feel (as you also mentioned earlier lol; mostly all I have to do in a thread in which you are participating is to like your posts, because you say everything I feel far better than I ever could).

I pass through every once in a while, most just to read your posts lol. I hope that is not creepy, it is just that I always learn from your posts, and you write so well!!

I am going to send you a DM with a question about Shakespeare, hope that is ok. I have just struggled for decades with how to read his work and not get immediately derailed by the implicit and explicit misogyny. This is not the place for that though, I would guess lol. I have struggled with that issue a lot lately, though, as I have started reading Shakespeare again, and seeing that you had a show in SL about Women of Shakespeare made me realize you would be a perfect person to ask!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Clean is sexy imo. A man with good muscle tone is sexy, and those muscles would be more visible if he's just wearing a towel. I think he would also seem more vulnerable when he's just wearing a towel, which could also be sexy too.

Speaking as a women who's attracted to both men and women, I think we tend to imagine someone like Jason Momoa coming out of a shower, rather than Jason Alexander (George Costaza on Sienfield), but either can be sexy when it's someone you love.

Thx! :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

I still don't get it unless she is naked. And most women that I know tend to put on a robe or something. Even if they were in a towel it would cover everything but their arms and legs. Which, I mean, those are nice too!

Love your name btw! As in, I love the name itself, and I like that character. Since I read a certain book, I always picture it as being queer, though, lol. Then again, I do that with most things; I recently read Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and in my head canon it ended very differently lol (really, just ended in the direction it had been going up until the very end lol).

I love your posts, too, very well-thought-out and balanced, IMO. 🤗

The fun part is waiting for the towel/robe/whatever to drop. Something about bodies hitting the floor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

The fun part is waiting for the towel/robe/whatever to drop. Something about bodies hitting the floor.

Personally I am more straight-forward, I guess. I would just smile and go up to them (whatever gender), hug them, kiss them, smile some more, and playfully tug at their towel, while softly flirting and encouraging them to redirect from whatever they meant to do next. I mean, you can just meet them in the bedroom when they come out of the bath.

We all approach things differently, though, and I can see the fun in what the rest of you are talking about! :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Personally I am more straight-forward, I guess. I would just smile and go up to them (whatever gender), hug them, kiss them, smile some more, and playfully tug at their towel, while softly flirting and encouraging them to redirect from whatever they meant to do next. I mean, you can just meet them in the bedroom when they come out of the bath.

We all approach things differently, though, and I can see the fun in what the rest of you are talking about! :)

Now you know why Ceka asked him to open the jar as soon as he gets out of the shower. She can either wait for the towel to drop or she can ... well... you said it all yourself. 😁

• Like 2

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

Now you know why Ceka asked him to open the jar as soon as he gets out of the shower. She can either wait for the towel to drop or she can ... well... you said it all yourself. 😁

I guess while his hands are busy she could just whip that thing off. Which leads to whipping a thing out lol

Getting *really* OT here, I do not want to get the thread shutdown...

• Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 371 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.