LaraX?

Rowan Amore

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Retro/vintage is one of the markets I expect to take a leeetttle bit of time to jump on LaraX, but I'm super excited for that. LaraX is going to look fantastic in 30s-50s outfits and evening wear, omg.

I can not wait to see what Valentina E has in store for us Maitreya vintage/retro lovers.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Petite X isn't an add-on. It's a whole separate body. And the upgrade also has a version of the 5.3 body with Petite natively built in - not an add-on. It's just a separate redelivery.

Nope, there's an add-on version for Lara X too. As the notice says and as you will notice in your inventory :)

It comes as a full body and an add on, you can choose to use either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I can not wait to see what Valentina E has in store for us Maitreya vintage/retro lovers.

Hopinggggg she picks it up. As well as a few others of my faves.

WAIT, SHE DID!

"NEW! Valentina E. Angel Gown @N21! ...

Find this design in Maitreya Lara, Petite, LaraX, Petite X, Reborn Ebody, and Legacy versions."

NEW!  Valentina E. Angel Gown @N21!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
I can spell
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

WAIT, SHE DID!

Find this design in Maitreya Lara, Petite, LaraX, Petite X, Reborn Ebody, and Legacy versions."

Yayyy! I was planning to grab that gown anyway, and hadn't looked closely.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Yayyy! I was planning to grab that gown anyway, and hadn't looked closely.

If you do grab it, it might be a good idea to drop the creator a notecard/IM gushing over the fit if you like it. Maybe if we keep up the positive encouragement, we'll get our niche clothes faster. 😂

I'm just kidding - if Valentina E. wants to take her sweet time with new releases, I'm totally fine with that. I don't own her ENTIRE outlet yet, so I'm not in a particular rush. 😄

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I remember some years ago when I said "No mod, no buy".

Well, that did not last long. It would have been no buy at all for the rest of my SLife. I was weak and could not resist shopping, mod or no mod.

I am always very firm and unwavering, until I change my mind. 🙄

But I wish the body was mod, for its reputation. For some, modify is very important, and why not box a mod version in the folder? I do not know if those who sell modify bodies regret it? Those who bother to unpack a modify body must be few, and I bet they already know a bit about editing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

But come this summer when we're wearing less clothing those differences are going to be very apparent.

That, for me, is what does make the X appealing.  Those dang shoulder blades that I pictured earlier are a game changer and they are the sole reason I stopped using Maitreya a couple of years ago.   

• Like 4

Well I started off negative about this.  I still think the marketing is atrocious, but....

There is a full-body Lara Petite (not X) hidden in there, and that means my boobs won't pop out if I accidentally remove the add-on while getting ready for (bed).

Now I got something out of this too.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

WAIT, SHE DID!

Glad to see her adding Reborn as well.

• Like 4

I finally grabbed the body this morning and am going through my (way too big) inventory to see what fits. This is going to be a multi-month process, but fortunately I've found quite a few Lara 5.3 items that fit X with very little or no clipping! The thing that's giving the the most issues is the screwed up autohide scripts on no mod clothing.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I finally grabbed the body this morning and am going through my (way too big) inventory to see what fits. This is going to be a multi-month process, but fortunately I've found quite a few Lara 5.3 items that fit X with very little or no clipping! The thing that's giving the the most issues is the screwed up autohide scripts on no mod clothing.

I didn't find anything! I'm lazy when it comes to using alpha cuts though, I took any clipping as doesn't fit. The idea of building a new Lara X Petite inventory is actually quite appealing, 2024 is going to be expensive though...

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

You may already know, unsure, but for anyone reading who doesn't; If the item is lucky enough to have a v5 of the autohide script, you can delete or modify it by typing /95 part of the item name menu to edit, or /95 part of the item name delete to delete the script. For modifying it's easy,  I just do show all after putting the item on, hide the areas the need hidden then type the command, then do get alpha on the menu, then I do finalize (I did this on a copy just in case, but the command still worked after, so you should still be able to edit if needed). My issue is with all the v4 and lower scripts I keep finding, which the command doesn't work with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

You may already know, unsure, but for anyone reading who doesn't; If the item is lucky enough to have a v5 of the autohide script, you can delete or modify it by typing /95 part of the item name menu to edit, or /95 part of the item name delete to delete the script. For modifying it's easy,  I just do show all after putting the item on, hide the areas the need hidden then type the command, then do get alpha on the menu, then I do finalize (I did this on a copy just in case, but the command still worked after, so you should still be able to edit if needed). My issue is with all the v4 and lower scripts I keep finding, which the command doesn't work with.

Is there anyone who can this this same thing in a different way?  I am not following along with the instructions.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Is there anyone who can this this same thing in a different way?  I am not following along with the instructions.

I kind of rushed through it a bit, let me try to organize it up;

On finding an item with a v5 script, I edit while wearing to check it.

I just click show all on the alpha hide, then select the alphas I need from the hud.

Then while wearing the item type the /95 part of item name menu [just one part of the word seemed to bring it up fine, so for COCO's pants I just did /95 COCO menu , and it brought up the pop up menu for me.

Then click get alpha, which records whatever alphas you hid/showed in the hud.

Then I clicked finalize in the popup, no idea if that part is needed, I just sort of did it on instinct. I tested on a backup copy, and tried the command again, to see if I could re edit if needed and it let me.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Thank you it never seems to do anything for me.

@MissSweetViolet ... Can you actually "edit" an item you're wearing and see the v5 script to know if it uses that? For example, I have a recent pair of capris (VJERA from amias) that has autohide. Should I be able to see said script in the item somewhere?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yeah, I did earlier in the thread... I'll say it again JUST for you.

Ok, you have a Real Lara clothing item with v5.x of the autohide script in...

Lets pretend its called "SnottyVendor Inc Little Black Dress No. 5"

So :  

1. You STRIP naked

2. Open the LardaX hud, click the alpha cuts tab

2. Click the show all button

4. Add the dress

5. Manually set the alpha cuts you want or need with the LardaX hud

6. In local chat type "/95 little menu" the little being PART OF THE CLOTHING NAME, so in our example you could say SnottyVendor, or little, or black, or dress, pick one

7. The autohide menu pops up, click "Get Alpha", then click "Finaliise"

8. Take the dress off

9. On the LardaX hud, click show all again just incase

10. re add the dress and see if the alpha cuts work as you wanted

11 If they don't repeat from step 5 until they do

12. If the alpha cuts are ok, you finished, and can get dressed again

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

36 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Thank you it never seems to do anything for me.

@MissSweetViolet ... Can you actually "edit" an item you're wearing and see the v5 script to know if it uses that? For example, I have a recent pair of capris (VJERA from amias) that has autohide. Should I be able to see said script in the item somewhere?

Yeah, it'll be in the contents tab. Can't remember what the Maitreya auto hide script is called exactly but you'll see all the scripts in an item in there, there will probably be something called a receiver or whatever which is what the item HUD talks to and if it uses auto hide you will see that script also.

Only the newer version of this script has that /95 functionality as far as I know, the old one was configured differently.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yeah, I did earlier in the thread... I'll say it again JUST for you.

Ok, you have a Real Lara clothing item with v5.x of the autohide script in...

Lets pretend its called "SnottyVendor Inc Little Black Dress No. 5"

So :  

1. You STRIP naked

2. Open the LardaX hud, click the alpha cuts tab

2. Click the show all button

4. Add the dress

5. Manually set the alpha cuts you want or need with the LardaX hud

6. In local chat type "/95 little menu" the little being PART OF THE CLOTHING NAME, so in our example you could say SnottyVendor, or little, or black, or dress, pick one

7. The autohide menu pops up, click "Get Alpha", then click "Finaliise"

8. Take the dress off

9. On the LardaX hud, click show all again just incase

10. re add the dress and see if the alpha cuts work as you wanted

11 If they don't repeat from step 5 until they do

12. If the alpha cuts are ok, you finished, and can get dressed again

I have never made a save stick, but it is good to know. I prefer alpha layers myself. And they work, despite new strange cuts?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have never made a save stick, but it is good to know. I prefer alpha layers myself. And they work, despite new strange cuts?

Maitreya records alpha cuts as a string of zeros and 1's separated by commas, you can sometimes see these in the description field of items with v3 and v4 autohide scripts

When they changed the cuts slightly in a previous Real Lara update, you found hands and feet not alpha cutting correctly, until you RESET the autohide script, then you could correct that but it was a pain with no mod clothing.

All the script does is read the string of 1's and 0's, and store it, so it can shout it back on a hidden channel, when attached, telling the body/hud what parts to show or hide, so yeah, even though the body has different cuts, it uses the same system, and the same scripts, written by Marine Kelly, and still works, ONCE the correct NEW cut string has been read by the menu.

• Like 1