LaraX?

Rowan Amore

My outfit folder is broken down into main categories (casual, formal, dresses, workout, etc) each with two folders, Favorites and Regular. I've pretty much decided that I want to (slowly) replace as close as I can everything in Favourites, since there are more than enough outfits in just the Faves folders to wear. So I won't re-buy an outfit for every one I have for Lara X, just the favourite ones.

I'm also hoping my dozen or so favourite clothing stores for Lara get onto the X bandwagon in a big way.

Of course, this means I'm going to have to try on many of the outfits in the Regular folders again (even with good descriptive names) to make sure one of them shouldn't make the cut into Faves based on a year longer in SL and my style.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

Yet another mile wide rear avatar?

1 hour ago, vahiti Yiwama said:

Haven't we explored that theme enough yet. I'm not a Maitreya user but I was glad at least one brand had avoided forcing that look. I had to go to extreme dial tweaking plus deformers to get out of it with reBorn.

Hopefully that screenshot was just made with one of the other brands and this won't be the form Maitreya users are stuck with.

(In my perfect scenario, I'd get a body form like Maitreya or the old Freya, but with the reBorn waifu addon, well supported, rather than the third part less well formed ones that do exist. But it starts with having a body with normal proportions, then kits to take it to extremes - not the other way around as it becoming common with other brands.)

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, because if it does come on Black Friday, that hud will be the safest way too.. It's like online shopping vs going there.:D

Exactly, though I'm not really in a rush to grab it and I'm fine waiting till the mad dash dies down. 

My fav stores will likely take forever and a day to swap over, if they do at all, so I'll be rockin' 5.3 for a bit anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Haven't we explored that theme enough yet. I'm not a Maitreya user but I was glad at least one brand had avoided forcing that look. I had to go to extreme dial tweaking plus deformers to get out of it with reBorn.

Hopefully that screenshot was just made with one of the other brands and this won't be the form Maitreya users are stuck with.

Why don't you ask the CSR for Miss Chelsea. I'm about 99.99% sure that neither the LaraX or the PetiteX were used in the ad photo.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

(In my perfect scenario, I'd get a body form like Maitreya or the old Freya, but with the reBorn waifu addon, well supported, rather than the third part less well formed ones that do exist. But it starts with having a body with normal proportions, then kits to take it to extremes - not the other way around as it becoming common with other brands.)

I'm assuming that screenshot is the outfit that will be available, but shown on one of the other bodies, because that in no way represents the original screens of Lara X we've seen.

PS. Sniped by @Blush Bravin who was thinking exactly what I was.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Why don't you ask the CSR for Miss Chelsea. I'm about 99.99% sure that neither the LaraX or the PetiteX were used in the ad photo.

I agree. Looks more like Legacy or Reborn was used for the photos.

*cries in Erika, hugs her Maitreya* lol

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Is that LaraX in the picture? looks like Reborn to me.

I heard LaraX was going to be a little bit more curvy but they said it won't be some huge difference, I don't think we're seeing it in that picture. I agree though I was worried when I started hearing the word curvy etc but the side by side difference shots they showed reassured me, they've just smoothed things out a little and LaraX is in no way trying to be like Reborn etc.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I heard LaraX was going to be a little bit more curvy but they said it won't be some huge difference, I don't think we're seeing it in that picture. I agree though I was worried when I started hearing the word curvy etc but the side by side difference shots they showed reassured me, they've just smoothed things out a little and LaraX is in no way trying to be like Reborn etc.

Those thighs are 100% Reborn. Maitreya thighs aren't nearly that thick and they said that the new body's bottom half wasn't going to change much. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Exactly, though I'm not really in a rush to grab it and I'm fine waiting till the mad dash dies down. 

My fav stores will likely take forever and a day to swap over, if they do at all, so I'll be rockin' 5.3 for a bit anyway.

Ya, me too.. That and Reborn..

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It's hard to tell if it's reborn without seeing the knees.. hehehe

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Those thighs are 100% Reborn. Maitreya thighs aren't nearly that thick and they said that the new body's bottom half wasn't going to change much. 

They also said that we will have much more room with the sliders than we do with the 5.3 body.. That what we have now will be more in the middle of them with the LaraX, so there should be room to grow if it reacts tight with the sliders..

I'm hoping so.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

They also said that we will have much more room with the sliders than we do with the 5.3 body.. That what we have now will be more in the middle of them with the LaraX, so there should be room to grow if it reacts tight with the sliders..

I'm hoping so.:)

The sliders for Maitreya don't change the wideness of the thighs when viewed from the side. Reborn's thighs are the same - they can't be made particularly thin in terms of their width on the side, no matter what you do with body width or muscle sliders. It really irritated me when I demoed Reborn and is a major reason why I didn't buy it. That's why I'm confident this is Reborn. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

The sliders for Maitreya don't change the wideness of the thighs when viewed from the side. Reborn's thighs are the same - they can't be made particularly thin in terms of their width on the side, no matter what you do with body width or muscle sliders. It really irritated me when I demoed Reborn and is a major reason why I didn't buy it. That's why I'm confident this is Reborn. 

The legs and butt for LaraX are going to be rigged  different than they were with 5.3.. From what I remember, the legs and butt aren't going to be using different bones.. Where 5.3 they do..

I'm not saying that isn't Reborn in the picture, it probably is, because they aren't showing every body in the picture that they rigged the outfit for..Plus they probably don't have the body yet either.. hehehe

I was more or less just saying what they said about the sliders and having more room than we did with the 5.3..

Those overalls are fit loose to the body it's being shown on.. My comment to Amelia was more that the knees are the big give away and those pants kind of hide them.. I was just being cheeky  in that reply.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The legs and butt for LaraX are going to be rigged  different than they were with 5.3.. From what I remember, the legs and butt aren't going to be using different bones.. Where 5.3 they do..

I'm not saying that isn't Reborn in the picture, it probably is, because they aren't showing every body in the picture that they rigged the outfit for..Plus they probably don't have the body yet either.. hehehe

I was more or less just saying what they said about the sliders and having more room than we did with the 5.3..

Those overalls are fit loose to the body it's being shown on.. My comment to Amelia was more that the knees are the big give away and those pants kind of hide them.. I was just being cheeky  in that reply.. hehehe

5.3 (actually all Lara versions) doesn't use the Butt bone at all, annoyingly. I heard they are going to use it for LaraX though, hooray!

Will be useful for certain deformers but otherwise kinda unimportant.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

5.3 (actually all Lara versions) doesn't use the Butt bone at all, annoyingly. I heard they are going to use it for LaraX though, hooray!

Will be useful for certain deformers but otherwise kinda unimportant.

Not really unimportant, because it should get rid of the butt riding inside like it does now and clipping.. It'll be good for users like me with shorter avatars..  My butt clips inward like it's a ball spinning in a cup..The legs being the cup.. Plus it should make the transition from the butt to the legs a lot smoother as well..

Right now it gets kind of crunchy where the legs and butt meet.. hehehe

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Not really unimportant, because it should get rid of the butt riding inside like it does now and clipping.. It'll be good for users like me with shorter avatars..  My butt clips inward like it's a ball spinning in a cup..The legs being the cup.. Plus it should make the transition from the butt to the legs a lot smoother as well..

Right now it gets kind of crunchy where the legs and butt meet.. hehehe

Oh yeah true enough, I have seen some butt clipping as well. I'm just a little salty about the "Butt Size" slider in SL affecting the pelvis and butt bone almost equally, I wish that was different but no changing it. At least deformers will be able to act on the butt alone if they use it without affecting pelvis.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 3

Looking for clarification, if it has been mentioned or announced.

If I have the Classic Maitreya Lara body, I get the new body for free.

If I bought any of the add-ons like petite or flat, I get a new body for free for each add-on I purchased.  They will be separate full bodies, but I won't have to buy them?

We have no idea how much the new bodies will cost, so is it a good idea to buy the add-ons before the new bodies are released so I get the new ones free?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yes. Just make sure you've updated your body to 5.3 so you can grab the redelivery straight from the Maitreya HUD and can avoid a trip to the store.

If I bought any of the add-ons like petite or flat, I get a new body for free for each add-on I purchased.  They will be separate full bodies, but I won't have to buy them?

Separate bodies, yes, free redelivery, yes. Just make sure they're updated to the newest version. Edit: Wait, I don't think the chest add-ons have a redelivery button in their HUDs, so you will need a trip to the store to get those updated to their X versions (just double-checked on Discord).

We have no idea how much the new bodies will cost, so is it a good idea to buy the add-ons before the new bodies are released so I get the new ones free?

If you find you're going to want them/wear them in the future, sure. I forget the exact prices, but I will say that Lara Petite has a LOT more clothing and skin support than Lara Flat, which may or may not make a difference for you. Lara Flat content is there, but you'll have to dig around for clothing shops and skin layers. Lara Petite can be found more frequently.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You have it correct, they will be separate bodies (LaraX Petite and LaraX flat) and if you own the current version of them will get them for free.

I'd say yes it's probably a good idea to buy the add ons now, I mean if I had any business sense I'd probably charge a little (or a lot since they're now full bodies and not add-ons) more for LaraX Petite and LaraX Flat than the current price of the add ons :) even if they don't charge more the price will likely be the same so don't think you can lose out by doing this. I just think it's very likely that brand new body will come at a price premium at least initially.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Thanks 1