Best Membership price?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, DarkRaven Clawtooth said:

Hello, I’m considering returning to SL after a long time away. (U.K. here, btw) Which Membership would be best value please? (Basic, Premium or Premium Plus), since I would like to change my surname from Clawtooth to something better. Is there a charge for changing it? 
Thank you.

Yes, there is a fee for changing your name. See this link:image1.png.1851100477ec6e588282924365cc9

As you can see, the fee varies with membership level.

• Like 1

It depends on what you want.  Here's a link for pricing: https://secondlife.com/premium

If a simple name change all you want, the cost is $49.99USD without upgrading to a paid account as a free basic.

If you want more than a name change, you have 3 levels of paid membership to choose from: Plus, Premium, Premium Plus. If you pay the annual charge, it ends being cheaper if you break it down by month.

Plus will give you a L$150 weekly stipend, up to 512m complimentary land tier, 50 group slots, 30 days of transaction history.

Premium will give you L$300 weekly stipend, a L$1,000 signup bonus after 45 days, up to 1024m complimentary land tier, live chat support access, VIP access to Premium areas such as premium sandboxes, 70 group slots, 90 days of transaction history, $34.99 charge for name change.

Premium Plus will give you L$650 weekly stipend, a L$3,000 signup bonus after 45 days, up to 2048m complimentary land tier, live chat support access and concierge phone support, VIP access to Premium areas such as premium sandboxes, 140 group slots, 90 days of transaction history, $14.99 charge for name change, no upload charges.

The aforementioned link will tell you more perks I didn't mention here.

pricelist.thumb.jpg.36ac4f87e73d2f82455f3a2687c1ad9c.jpg

paidperks.thumb.jpg.3eda919733966a3af88cd68492ce8cf1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DarkRaven Clawtooth said:

Hello, I’m considering returning to SL after a long time away. (U.K. here, btw) Which Membership would be best value please? (Basic, Premium or Premium Plus), since I would like to change my surname from Clawtooth to something better. Is there a charge for changing it? 
Thank you.

I would say unless you need all the benefits of premium plus just on tier free land allowance and stipend regular premium is best value in GBP it converts to approx £86, on tier and stipend two premiums is cheaper than P+. if you just want a name change a premium account is no longer required 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also know that you can not change your surname to any other surname. LL provides a list and they change some of the names when they want to. They retire some and add some. They have had names to celebrate some events too. Like Valentine's Day when they had names like Waifu and Husbando. (They are removed now)

I am not sure where to find the current list of surnames to choose from. I read forum posts when new names is added, but I tried to search now, and only got up older information. The newest list I found, was in a blog from March. Last Names – Daniel Voyager (wordpress.com)

It looks like LL removed long running names like Huntsman and Takeda. And added a lot of furry themed names like Whiskers, Foxtail, Foxpaws and more.

So before you think Clawtooth is a bad name, many of the names available now is worse, IMHO. I like Clawtooth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hunny Bunny said:

I would say the best value is to get Premium Plus for ONE month, change your name and at the end of that month cancel it and go free.

Yes, if you do the arithmetic, one month of Premium Plus and a name change, comes out slightly cheaper. There is UK VAT to add to the cost of a name change, so the lower Premium Plus cost saves on the VAT, but Premium Plus membership for one month does not have VAT added. As has been said, there is also the stipend paid to you for the month of membership.

The best way to find all the names available is to log in to your account and go to change my name to find out if both the surname and first name combination are available. You don't have to go to the cashier and pay anything, until you have found out if the combination of both the first name and last name are available.

Edited by Anthony McGregor
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

So before you think Clawtooth is a bad name, many of the names available now is worse, IMHO. I like Clawtooth.

Furthermore, there was recently a discussion about bringing back older names (not happening, btw) where several long-time SL residents pointed out that having an older surname was a badge of prestige. I wouldn't toss away an older name if that was important to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/23/2023 at 8:22 AM, DarkRaven Clawtooth said:

Thank you.

Clawtooth is an awesome last name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Ingersoll is a cool name too though, I think there used to be a prominent SL builder with that name.......

Sounds familiar. I think the first name was kind of similar too .. Ingela, or something such. Buy her prefabs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2023 at 12:57 AM, Eddy Vortex said:

It depends on what you want.  Here's a link for pricing: https://secondlife.com/premium

If a simple name change all you want, the cost is $49.99USD without upgrading to a paid account as a free basic.

If you want more than a name change, you have 3 levels of paid membership to choose from: Plus, Premium, Premium Plus. If you pay the annual charge, it ends being cheaper if you break it down by month.

Plus will give you a L$150 weekly stipend, up to 512m complimentary land tier, 50 group slots, 30 days of transaction history.

Premium will give you L$300 weekly stipend, a L$1,000 signup bonus after 45 days, up to 1024m complimentary land tier, live chat support access, VIP access to Premium areas such as premium sandboxes, 70 group slots, 90 days of transaction history, $34.99 charge for name change.

Premium Plus will give you L$650 weekly stipend, a L$3,000 signup bonus after 45 days, up to 2048m complimentary land tier, live chat support access and concierge phone support, VIP access to Premium areas such as premium sandboxes, 140 group slots, 90 days of transaction history, $14.99 charge for name change, no upload charges.

The aforementioned link will tell you more perks I didn't mention here.

pricelist.thumb.jpg.36ac4f87e73d2f82455f3a2687c1ad9c.jpg

paidperks.thumb.jpg.3eda919733966a3af88cd68492ce8cf1.jpg

Hi Eddy, 

Thanks for the info on membership pricing and details! Very helpful! I’ve saved this so I can refer to it later. 🙂👏

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 332 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.