AO walk/run recommendations

Subscribedd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've found a lot of AO stores but a lot of the walks are a bit too sassy and the runs as well. I know we all have our opinions and what i dont like, others may love. But does anyone have any AO store recommendations? For more mature adult-like avatars. What I mean by that is I don't want my run to be me skipping.

• Like 3

There are so many funny and silly walks, and at times, they are fun to use.  It is difficult to find one that looks like a real-life human walking or standing.  I check out male AO animations and buy them individually instead of a whole package.  They are less fidgety or sexualized

I'd prefer not to walk with my hands on my hips or stand around with my fingers curled by my face making making little claws or sticking my backside out in invitation. 

Yeah, check out some male ones and try to find the ones that aren't flexing their muscles or looking threatening. 

There are also "breathing stands" that don't walk all over.

Vista Animations has breathing stands.

• Like 4

You can find a bunch of breathing stands at STUN if you prefer something a bit toned down. They do weekend sales, as well.

I'm the absolute last person to ask about walks and runs as I literally do skip at times. And skate. And dance-walk. And strut. And breakdance. And I've been rather tempted on more than one occasion to buy some of those flex stands Cinnamon mentioned because they're so dang hilarious.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love the animations from Body Language TLC, but their AO sets are expensive. They have a free female set as a gift at Shop and Hop. If you like their animations, it might be worth it to join their group and get their group gifts too. 

I took alot of time to create AO sets for each of my accounts that I thought fit their personalities. I used some from Body Language sets and some cheap or free ones from a store that's not inworld now. In my opinion, Bento animations are best when standing, sitting, walking or hovering, but non-Bento animations are ok for running, flying or falling. The difference is that when your avatar is moving fast, people won't be looking at your face and hands.

I put my AO sets into my Firestorm viewer, which is a little more work, but then you never have to worry about your HUD getting kicked off by another one.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

Body Language do have less active and more subtle stands and regularly offer gift AOs at main events, I have many frees and pick out the ones I like best. However, their walks and runs are very poor.

Vista Animations seem popular but are very expensive IMO and I don't like their current HUD, the old was much better. Individual anims cost from between L$150 -L$200 each and sets around L$1,900.

Oracul are excellent in comparison as non-bento anims are L$10 and bento anims cost L$20. They have some very good anims all-round, including walks and runs.

The key to a decent set of animations for your ava is learning how to extract specific anims from sets and combine all your favourites into a modified notecard within, for example, a Zhao anim HUD. It is a straight-forward process but can be a bit finicky, but is easy once you get the hang of it.

I use Firestorm and use their built in AO for most stands, but also a Zhao HUD which will contain all the Sits, G-Sits, Walks & Runs etc., along with one low priority stand.

There are many free or dollarbie AO sets on Marketplace which contain many walks and runs so if you have the patience you can get a bunch and see if there are any you like within.

All animations are subjective but the trend is definitely towards subtlety and calmness over recent years, as opposed to tough guys and loose women. Animations are a very important aspect of SL appearance as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tuty do some AO sets with nice walks. I have their 'Woman in Tango' set, which has insanely over-active stands (almost full dances), but the walks are great. I often combine those walks with different stands into an AO, using the Firestorm Viewer in-built AO. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Woodland Realm/117/224/30

Edited by Anicha Heartsong
added link
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

I've found a lot of AO stores but a lot of the walks are a bit too sassy and the runs as well. I know we all have our opinions and what i dont like, others may love. But does anyone have any AO store recommendations? For more mature adult-like avatars. What I mean by that is I don't want my run to be me skipping.

Try RVN http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Nakroma/130/116/34

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2023 at 2:26 AM, Anicha Heartsong said:

Tuty do some AO sets with nice walks. I have their 'Woman in Tango' set, which has insanely over-active stands (almost full dances), but the walks are great. I often combine those walks with different stands into an AO, using the Firestorm Viewer in-built AO. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Woodland Realm/117/224/30

I have a lot of Tuty's AOs and I find them to busy... always moving in some way...  but they are well done and an affordable AO.

Ive been using Amani... its cheap and its not busy. The walks are good as well. I mean I fly more than walk, or TP to here... which is hard to do when people block TPs in their regions (a pet peeve)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Anicha Heartsong said:

I hadn't heard of InMotion before. Just TPd over to try them out, and can confirm they have some excellent walks. No frills or silliness, just sensible walks.

They do.  I also like that they have empty AOs for a truly modest cost which you can then use to mix and match the animations of your choice.  Granted, I use the Firestorm built-in AO, but if there were a viewer I liked which lacked that function, I'd be heading to InMotion.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:52 AM, Ajay McDowwll said:

InMotion has some excellent stands, walks, and runs.  I ended up replacing my old run with one of theirs.

I'm another Firestorm AO user, fwiw.

Just want to drop a thank you here. As a man with very narrow shoulders, I have to use female stands for anything to line up. Ended up snagging a few stands and a walk from there.

• Like 1

I use the Firestorm AO.

For cost savings, I tend to look for places that allow you to purchase individual animations,, or those who sell smaller sets (especially those who participate in weekend sales).

Inmotion was mentioned earlier - they do sell individual animations @ $L100. Their stands have enough movement to not be stiff but don't move around much. You may have problems with some of their animations if you have a moderately (or more) curvy avatar.

OMY has a large variety of animations, from static to breathing to breathing w/some movement. They are sold individually for $L100 and in packs of four for $L300. They are going to be closed for an unknown period of time starting July 27 for renovation, but they do participate in a number of events, so you'll likely find them putting out new poses even while the store is closed.

Go&See.features full AO's but you can also buy the individual animations @ $L100.

Russkaya  offers individual animations (most have a slight amount of movement in addition to breathing) for $L50 and packs of three for $L200. Many of their animations are available in curvy versions. The style of some of them is a little too cute for my taste, but. you can find some nice more mature animations among them.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.