SecondLifeTime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, BelleBax said:

Most of what I see these days are barren wastelands peppered with neon signs and helicopter pads

There is usually a huge difference between roadside mainland (in which I'm including anything bordering protected land) and the rest of mainland. When you move along streets you will see that many people who are building on roadside land are aware that they're connected to the continent and build in that way. You will have a lot of cute houses with a driveway to the street etc. Whereas on parcels without a direct border with protected land you will more likely run into ground skyboxes and abandoned land. There is just not a lot demand for unprotected land in the middle of nowhere, and there exists way too much of that. But that's why you can't generalize Mainland.

Edited by Nukasa22
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

If you upgraded your account to Lifetime Premium, it's reduced to 30 days. What gives?

File a ticket.  Maybe when you became a Lifetime, they reset your transaction history.  Definitely a programming mistake.

Or no programming for the Lifetime accounts at all - since these accounts were all processed manually, human error seems more likely.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

That's not a fluke - regular premium only get 30 days trans. history.

Nope -- Regular Premium gets 90 days of L$ history

My current L$ history range:

image.png.41b160369aaab1fd5eb8276408530d20.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2023 at 9:30 PM, BelleBax said:

As to LTMs being treated like VIPs.....yes please!!!

Why would they? 
LTMs will go nowhere anymore. They handed over the cash.
They will stay no matter what, to get the most out of their money.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why would they? 
LTMs will go nowhere anymore. They handed over the cash.
They will stay no matter what, to get the most out of their money.

I'm pleased with my purchase without any additional benefits; let me be clear about that.  But, it's not out of the realm of possibility that SL would in future modify the LTM program by expanding the benefits in some way and extending those benefits to existing members.  Why, you ask? Well, off the top of my head...

• To increase revenue: maybe they use some data driven rational that says LTMs spend more under X scenario - let's increase benefits that lead to X scenario more frequently
  • To improve customer retention:  I spent $749 - that's not enough to purchase my soul.  If I'm not happy in SL - I'll stop coming to SL and that will cost LL some revenue, because I still spend a bit - it's actually a budget line item for me
  • Positive word of mouth:  LTMs can be great ambassadors for SL. If new benefits are offered and I'm increasingly happy with the program, I'll tell my circle of friends - who may become more interested in paid memberships as a result. 

Ugh - 6 "that" uses - for crying out loud.... I'm getting worse!

Edited by BelleBax
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

You know paid accounts can access 90 days of Linden dollar transaction history, right?

If you upgraded your account to Lifetime Premium, it's reduced to 30 days. What gives?

The same thing happened to me - I submitted a ticket yesterday and I'm confident this will be resolved soon.  

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

I'm pleased with my purchase without any additional benefits; let me be clear about that.  But, it's not out of the realm of possibility that SL would in future modify the LTM program by expanding the benefits in some way and extending those benefits to existing members.  Why, you ask? Well, off the top of my head...

• To increase revenue: maybe they use some data driven rational that says LTMs spend more under X scenario - let's increase benefits that lead to X scenario more frequently
  • To improve customer retention:  I spent $749 - that's not enough to purchase my soul.  If I'm not happy in SL - I'll stop coming to SL and that will cost LL some revenue, because I still spend a bit - it's actually a budget line item for me
  • Positive word of mouth:  LTMs can be great ambassadors for SL. If new benefits are offered and I'm increasingly happy with the program, I'll tell my circle of friends - who may become more interested in paid memberships as a result. 

Attention always goes to new people that can be lured in IMHO.

The new customers get 6 months 50% discount or a discount on their new phone when they take a phone contract.
Never existing customers. And certainly not those that have payed long term upfront.
There has to be something in it for the company to give discounts or extras.

17 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

Ugh - 6 "that" uses - for crying out loud.... I'm getting worse!

There is no Pulitzer prize to win, when one posts on the Internet. So no worries about ... eh... that.  🤭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Attention always goes to new people that can be lured in IMHO.

The new customers get 6 months 50% discount or a discount on their new phone when they take a phone contract.
Never existing customers. And certainly not those that have payed long term upfront.
There has to be something in it for the company to give discounts or extras.

So ... you aren't disagreeing with my responses to your question of why LL might increase benefits for LTM. Yay me!! And I'm not disagreeing with your new point about giving attention to new customers.  Yay you!!  Can it really be, or is it too much to hope, we are both right?!?!?!   

6 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

So no worries about ... eh... that.  🤭

I was prepared to bask in our meeting of the minds, then you did this..... smh 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BelleBax said:

I'm pleased with my purchase without any additional benefits

Yes! It's emotional for some of us. Personally I feel more connected to a platform that I love, and if that's my only benefit, I'm ok with it :)

2 hours ago, BelleBax said:

it's actually a budget line item for me

I'm sure I'm not alone in paying some sort of tier to LL. And I will continue to, through the foreseeable future. They know just how slippery a slope that tier is too, and are probably banking on us slowly upgrading our own costs over time. "growth projections" they'll call it

Edited by Island Granville
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BelleBax said:

I don't have the 90 day option.  So - the issue isn't happening across the board.  Interesting. 

Out of idle curiosity: even though it's missing from your dashboard, what happens if you  paste the 90 day link into the browser address bar: 

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history?days=90

14 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Out of idle curiosity: even though it's missing from your dashboard, what happens if you  paste the 90 day link into the browser address bar: 

https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history?days=90

Same problem - I would think it's a configuration issue, but if it's not occurring on all Premium LTMs then who knows.  

image.thumb.png.a58c3d8e7ef832869cf63ba9a1d85c4d.png

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, BelleBax said:

Same problem - I would think it's a configuration issue, but if it's not occurring on all Premium LTMs then who knows.  

Thanks, it might have been worth a try. I'm sure they'll fix it, on a per-account basis if necessary. There's an error message:

Your present registration status of SecondLifetime Premium enjoys all the benefits of premium membership. If you are unable to access a service or benefit you feel you should, please contact support.

that appears when I use the "Change Membership" link on the dashboard, which actually produces a page with the fun URL "https://accounts.secondlife.com/change_membership/?error=already_fancy"

It's possible it works for me because they maybe did some manual intervention to preserve my ancient L$500/wk stipend (which happened automatically for me). Just speculating at this point, though.

40 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Thanks, it might have been worth a try. I'm sure they'll fix it, on a per-account basis if necessary. There's an error message:

that appears when I use the "Change Membership" link on the dashboard, which actually produces a page with the fun URL "https://accounts.secondlife.com/change_membership/?error=already_fancy"

It's possible it works for me because they maybe did some manual intervention to preserve my ancient L$500/wk stipend (which happened automatically for me). Just speculating at this point, though.

Ahh - okay.  LL contacted me today and are reviewing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

?error=already_fancy"

OOO so we're fancy now...I like that!

I made good and sure I got an affirmative response to the L$500 stipend continuance before I confirmed the upgrade fee.

• Like 3

On 7/8/2023 at 11:29 PM, Nukasa22 said:

There is usually a huge difference between roadside mainland (in which I'm including anything bordering protected land) and the rest of mainland. When you move along streets you will see that many people who are building on roadside land are aware that they're connected to the continent and build in that way. You will have a lot of cute houses with a driveway to the street etc. Whereas on parcels without a direct border with protected land you will more likely run into ground skyboxes and abandoned land. There is just not a lot demand for unprotected land in the middle of nowhere, and there exists way too much of that. But that's why you can't generalize Mainland.

I can only speak to my experience in Mainland - which is admittedly limited to the occasional drive down route whatever and review of auction land available.  But, the areas I've encountered have largely been visually unappealing for the reasons I mentioned.  Even if the structures just along the roadways are nice (which is not a usually the case in areas I've visited), there are buildings in plain sight just behind the nicer structures that throw off the aesthetic, IMO.

The same is true with homes on the water.  It's not unusual to see a home with a shoreline behind a home with another shoreline - or to see homes with docked boats that have no apparent waterway access because there are houseboats or something blocking what appears to be (but isn't) the ocean. So, I stand by my assessment of Mainland - though, I imagine there are some stretches that are really nice (where are they - I'd love to visit).

I can't say giving LTMs additional allotment of land will aid in making this better - many of the structures I find off-putting could be owned by LTMs. But the previous poster seemed to suggest barren portions of mainland might at least be utilized if the allotments were increased.  I agree with her and, as I think about it, I believe a lot of barren land is worse than poorly designed parcels. With that - LL - you have my approval to increase LTM land allotments tenfold....make it so! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BelleBax said:

I can only speak to my experience in Mainland - which is admittedly limited to the occasional drive down route whatever and review of auction land available.  But, the areas I've encountered have largely been visually unappealing for the reasons I mentioned.  Even if the structures just along the roadways are nice (which is not a usually the case in areas I've visited), there are buildings in plain sight just behind the nicer structures that throw off the aesthetic, IMO.

The same is true with homes on the water.  It's not unusual to see a home with a shoreline behind a home with another shoreline - or to see homes with docked boats that have no apparent waterway access because there are houseboats or something blocking what appears to be (but isn't) the ocean. So, I stand by my assessment of Mainland - though, I imagine there are some stretches that are really nice (where are they - I'd love to visit).

I can't say giving LTMs additional allotment of land will aid in making this better - many of the structures I find off-putting could be owned by LTMs. But the previous poster seemed to suggest barren portions of mainland might at least be utilized if the allotments were increased.  I agree with her and, as I think about it, I believe a lot of barren land is worse than poorly designed parcels. With that - LL - you have my approval to increase LTM land allotments tenfold....make it so! 

All you say is true, and to find good Mainland, one has to really search.

The best is to have one or two sides facing linden water, where no one can build you in.

This is often overpriced, if it is sailable water. I have found that void water works fine. I am not sailing much, so why pay crazy amounts for access to the Blake sea or other places? The void water has its benefits, I can place reefs and a lighthouse out there, only anchored on land. Since no one can sail there, no one is disturbed and my offsim decor is not removed by Lindens.

Sure... somebody can build ugly things to the sides that do not face void water, but it is just to turn houses and terraces away from them. And derender is always an option.

I risk to see houses and decor I am not fond of on private estates too, unless it is a strict covenant and the land manager is always logging in and responding fast to transgressions.

I should be grateful to LL, for not making me spend money on Premium, PPlus or Lifetime. The land included without tier is not much for me. It was fun to decorate with 351 Li as a challenge, but it gets old after 3-4 years. The PPlus cost more than double the cost of Premium, but only double the land. If Lifetime had included more land than the standard benefits, I would be tempted to go for it. And pay 1000 - 2000 US for 4096 m if that was included.

But the landlords need tenants, and the landlords pay for their land, so LL get its due anyway. I would like to have my own land and only have LL to rule over me... but renting Mainland is cheaper.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2023 at 1:25 AM, Eddy Vortex said:

Did you ever submit a ticket?  If so, was it resolved?  They're continuing to work on my account - maybe it's a bigger challenge than I thought it would be.  

Accessing 90 days of account data is actually the Premium feature I use most - one year would be even better! (I may submit that as a nice little bonus for LTMs).  I'm kinda missing not having this feature right now 🫤 - but I know they're working on it because communications have been pretty good. 

Well, I had a place in the line to get my lifetime premium account- but as I ran the numbers (I provided in this thread) - I have decided to decline to go through with the lifetime account. Given that it was a limited offer (FMO!), and it was still available after all this time,  I think that speaks volumes about the cost/benefit risk/reward of their offer.

IMHO it was more of a "survey" to see who would bet with RL money that SL would still be here in 8 years rather than a money-making cash grab for today's dollars. And I think, in the words of that great game show, "Survey Says...most people wouldn't bet on it."  

55 minutes ago, JJ Hoobinoo said:

IMHO it was more of a "survey" to see who would bet with RL money that SL would still be here in 8 years rather than a money-making cash grab for today's dollars. And I think, in the words of that great game show, "Survey Says...most people wouldn't bet on it."  

I would :D

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.