Ranch Theme

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/13/2023 at 12:23 AM, Alexandria Vezina said:

Does anyone know when they will be releasing more Ranch homes?  I bit the bullet and purchased the Premium Plus pkg for the year.  I gave up my stilt home (which I loved) and Started my search for a much anticipated Ranch home only to find out there are none available ...Zero! Am I upset about this, well yes I am. *sighs*

I decided to make one of my alts Premium Plus, too, and then much to my dismay have not seen any Ranches available. I decided to pick a primo Houseboat location that had been in maintenance for 10 days. I’m still on the lookout for a Ranch. Good luck on landing one! 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Alexandria Vezina said:

I have been checking...without becoming obsessive about it hahah Thanks for the reply 😃

I use a refresher script that plays a signal when the word I ask it to find comes up. That way you can read or work in another window, and have the refresher do the job for you. Set it to 2 minutes, it is a limit to how many times you can refresh. The refresher will be stopped if the page is refreshed too often.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I use a refresher script that plays a signal when the word I ask it to find comes up. That way you can read or work in another window, and have the refresher do the job for you. Set it to 2 minutes, it is a limit to how many times you can refresh. The refresher will be stopped if the page is refreshed too often.

omgosh!  that sounds amazing! Still amazes me that after 17 years in SL I still learn something new nearly every day 😊

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alexandria Vezina said:

omgosh!  that sounds amazing! Still amazes me that after 17 years in SL I still learn something new nearly every day 😊

When Bellisseria was first created, I was much more obsessive about landing the perfect spot. I remember refreshing the page like a mad woman and making a family of alts. I've calmed down considerably. I only have a houseboat and a Trad right now. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:
1 hour ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

When Bellisseria was first created, I was much more obsessive about landing the perfect spot. I remember refreshing the page like a mad woman and making a family of alts. I've calmed down considerably. I only have a houseboat and a Trad right now. 

Quitter.

IKR? With only two, do you even GOH?

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This thread reminds me..I'm used to people in RL often saying, "Back at the ranch"..

..meanwhile, they don't have a ranch, or even know anyone with a ranch.

It's just an expression!

My mother said it a lot.

This is of course a reference to old western TV shows such as Bonanza, which might use that caption when switching back to a scene at the ranch house. I think Batman, may have done something similar when switching scenes. Subtle transitions on TV shows weren't much of an expectation back in the 1960's and 1970's.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This thread reminds me..I'm used to people in RL often saying, "Back at the ranch"..

..meanwhile, they don't have a ranch, or even know anyone with a ranch.

It's just an expression!

My mother said it a lot.

If I remember correctly it is actually, "Meanwhile, back at the ranch". And yes, I still use it too but them I do have a little RL ranch :)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is of course a reference to old western TV shows such as Bonanza, which might use that caption when switching back to a scene at the ranch house. I think Batman, may done something similar when switching scenes. Subtle transitions on TV shows weren't much of an expectation back in the 1960's and 1970's.

I finally Googled it, looks like it goes back to Silent Movie subtitles!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meanwhile,_back_at_the_ranch

The expression originated as a stock subtitle in the silent movies[1] and at first the reference to the ranch was literal.[2][3]

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Sorry for the "rich text" pasting, it helped preserve the reference links.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2023 at 12:26 AM, Marisa Starbrook said:

Perseverance pays off! I landed a Ranch this evening!

Now @Alexandria Vezina needs to land one. It was purely happenstance that I looked on the land page and wasn’t sure if I really saw a ranch available. I quickly upgraded an alt and held my breath. Surely someone else would have snagged it before I could upgrade. Not a primo spot, but I can live with it. Maybe  the Lindens and Moles will give us more 2048s for Christmas. 😊

• Like 2

On 10/21/2023 at 10:04 AM, Alexandria Vezina said:

I got my ranch home! I nearly started hyperventilating when I saw the word available on the home store page 🤣 I was very happy, and the location is okay.  I can't wait to set up my horses. I just wanted to thank everyone that sent out good vibes and for letting me rant ♥ 

Congratulations!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seventeen new Ranchland region names have appeared on the World Map today, located at the north and northwest of the Ranchland continent.

Sixteen of them contain Ranch house parcels, while one (Two Step) is another empty Homestead sim region.

Ranchexpansion9Nov2023.thumb.png.d3b5ce193b0cbab4db70fcf3f1c5ba5c.png

The seventeen new regions are named as:

Calabash, Squirrel Camp, Garden Prairie, Uppatree, Two Step (Homestead), Catkins, Mossbank, Giggling Ferret, Bunny Slope, Trumpeter Pond.

Weevil, Barnums Folly, Bearfoot Dance.

Toboggan Scream, Skeeter Pond.

Sidearm Pitch.

Leyfsa Birch. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Fifteen new Ranchland region names have appeared on the World Map today, located at the north of the Ranchland continent.

All fifteen contain Ranch house parcels, with no additional Homestead sim regions.

Ranchexpansion17Nov2023.thumb.png.1f3e68b377046dc480dd48c9319292b0.png

The fifteen new Ranch regions are named:

Breadcrumb Trail, Silent Whistle, Aunt Maudie, Mary Mack, Quiet Thicket, Gorgeous Woodland.

Giddyup, Switcheroo, Goatswood, Common Deer, Turkey Shoot, Wheelies, Young Woodland, Lonely Wilds, Toad Away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

I cant believe how fast these ranch homes keep selling out. On Nov 9, they released 192 homes.. .gone in less than a week. Then then released another 180 homes on the 17th... and those were also sold out about 10 days later.

That works out to 372 ranch homes claimed in less than 3 weeks .. and each of them requires an expensive Premium Plus account.

These ranch homes sure are popular! It continues to amaze me just how fast they sell out.

• Like 8

Me, too, Teresa.  It looks to me like the buildout of the next theme is pretty much done, perhaps even all QA'd.  But I don't see any new hints or mention of a reveal at the Expo ... I suppose it could be that LL has decided to ride this ranch pony until it slows up on its own!  Or possibly the problems with the fantasy home controllers etc. will cause a delay until after the holidays.

Sometimes I wonder if Dyna, Quartz et al could use more scripting help.  I mean, I script, I worked as a software contractor for years, I could use a little income, neh?   Sure!  ..... Then I remember all the blathering I've done here and think that probably neither Abnor nor Patch would hire me to make popcorn, let alone code.   👼

D'oh!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Sometimes I wonder if Dyna, Quartz et al could use more scripting help.  I mean, I script, I worked as a software contractor for years, I could use a little income, neh?   Sure!  ..... Then I remember all the blathering I've done here and think that probably neither Abnor nor Patch would hire me to make popcorn, let alone code.   👼

D'oh!  

You never know until you apply.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 282 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.