Pride in Second Life 2023

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Especially in SL, when anything is tied to looking or behaving child-like, people are going to shy away from it.  

Imagining ABDL in a Pride Parade:

"We Pooped!

Our Diapers!

And We're Proud!" 

Makes you wonder, how can they have "Pride" if they have no "shame"? I guess that's part of the joie de vivre! Or maybe the raison d'etre!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Ooh la la, je suis no speak French
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, davidventer said:

How very "kind" and “accepting” of you. So those who identify as ABDL - as their literal identity (a clearly misunderstood and marginalized identity) are not allowed to be proud of who they are and are not welcome at Pride events (or at least SL-related pride forum threads)? And you wonder why you don't see many ABDL's around on SL, they're all hiding away from reactions such as these. You’re just once again proving my point. Thank you. Happy pride!

Again, you are trying to insinuate that I have some kind of issue with it. I don’t, be proud, be who you are, unabashedly so.

You are again trying to make it out as if I am hating on you. Get a grip 😅.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Imagining ABDL in a Pride Parade:

"We Pooped!

Our Diapers!

And We're Proud!" 

Makes you wonder, how can they have "Pride" if they have no "shame"? I guess that's part of the joie de vivre

I understand the concept of AB minus the DL part.  But this means the person is regressing to a childlike/baby state and would have no sexual preference at all in regards to what the Pride event is all about.  Are Furries included?  Daddy Doms and Baby girls?  

Personally, I don't think race should be included but that's just me.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

How it started:

2 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

ABDL is not a pride thing

39 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

you can f*** all the way off back under whatever rock it was you crawled out of

How it's going: 

9 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

be proud, be who you are, unabashedly so

Thanks for coming around. Happy pride. ✌️💛

Edited by davidventer

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Personally, I don't think race should be included but that's just me.

Counterpoint for any who don't know:

I can see Race being included because of general discrimination both from within, and from outside the LGBT community (including from other people of Color).  Basically, a lot of people of Color stay "DL" because it is not accepted in their community.

(You probably knew all that. Smart lady!!)

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are Furries included? 

Maybe LGBTQA Furries?

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Daddy Doms and Baby girls?  

Maybe if they are LGBTQA?  After all, in Second Life (ON TOPIC!) - how many of those "girls" aren't actually "daddies" themselves in RL?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought this was a happy post about inclusion, diversity, acceptance and most importantly about celebrating all these and more during Pride in SL.

I can’t see how arguing about flags and colors helps but maybe I’m wrong. 

On topic, in my little bit of wandering around SL I saw a lot of support for the Pride event, even in places I never saw it in previous years. I think that’s great to see!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I thought this was a happy post about inclusion, diversity, acceptance and most importantly about celebrating all these and more during Pride in SL.

On topic, in my little bit of wandering around SL I saw a lot of support for the Pride event, even in places I never saw it in previous years. I think that’s great to see!

It's often the same names derailing the threads every time and they never quite go over the line enough to get a ban. So I'd be more surprised if such a thread was actually nice. Not due to the intended topic, but due to the way it always goes on the forum. Second Pride has started though, which would be a better place than the forum if you're looking for pride stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

I was getting ready to come in here with guacamole BLTs only to see this:

3w94cq.png?a468360

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, davidventer said:

AB/DL

(Adult Baby / Diaper Lover)

It's this...

but not this... 

It has absolutely nothing to do with kids - a common misconception. It's about being a kid, not playing with kids.

It's a spectrum of things. For some it's just a kink or sexual fetish, for others it's a lifestyle or coping mechanism and has nothing to do with sex, for others it's both a lifestyle and a sexual fetish. There are many in the LGBT community who identify as ABDL, hence the dedicated flag and why you may see some dudes in diapers at some pride parades. Many LGBT people on the autism spectrum are also ABDL. It's more common than people may realize but most ABDLs try their best to hide it due to people making inaccurate assumptions about it, like some of the comments above - which makes including it in pride even more important because awareness creates understanding and removes stigmas. ✌️💛

Dude that's a fetish not a sexual orientation. I'm not trying to be a dick here. But.......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, davidventer said:

Obviously, BDSM is a fetish, not an identity. In labeling ABDL as being nothing but a fetish, you’re confusing ABDL with Diaper Fetishism. While related, they are not the same. Diaper Fetishism and Infantilism are not the same. One is a fetish, the other is a misunderstood and marginalized identity in much need of some acceptance and understanding in the spirit of pride.

Yes,  the two often overlap for many people but there are people with a diaper fetish who don’t identity as an Adult Baby, then there are Adult Babies who are a-sexual so it has nothing to do with sex. In purely labeling it a fetish, you’re ignoring the AB part of the AB/DL, and in the process marginalizing ABDL as a whole which is the very reason that it’s becoming a part of pride in many places and why you may see dudes in diapers and pacifiers at pride events, in real life, anyway - the stigma towards ABDL in Second Life is unfortunately still very strong - hence my reason for dropping the ABDL flag into this thread because Adult Babies, many of which are Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, or Asexual, also deserve some acceptance and understanding in the spirit of pride. 

Okay after reading this, I'm more inclined to view it as some kind of mental disorder.....carry on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Okay after reading this, I'm more inclined to view it as some kind of mental disorder.....carry on.

Ironically, that is how being homosexual was viewed not long ago. It was even in the official book of "diseases" for many years, the "DSM"!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Pride is one of the seven deadly sins.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Further stigmatization of an already stigmatized, misunderstood, and marginalized identity, during pride month, in a pride thread... Groundbreaking. 

It's sad to see those whose own identities were once stigmatized in such a manner now being the ones to perpetuate the very views and misconceptions that many fought so hard to overcome. Enjoy your freedoms and acceptance but please try to allow others the same. 

Pride needs more of this:

4 hours ago, Krystina Ferraris said:

Edited by davidventer

29 minutes ago, davidventer said:

Further stigmatization of an already stigmatized, misunderstood, and marginalized identity, during pride month, in a pride thread... Groundbreaking. 

It's sad to see those whose own identities were once stigmatized in such a manner now being the ones to perpetuate the very views and misconceptions that many fought so hard to overcome. Enjoy your freedoms and acceptance but please try to allow others the same. 

Pride needs more of this:

Look, it doesn't matter what i think. You do you. This is SL after all. You can be whatever you want in here with pride if you wish. I have seen much weirder things in here like cannibalism etc. Anyway, happy pride! Have an awesome time. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 364 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.