I have a new mouse, and now I can't rez things

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I write here, because I need help fast, and I'm not sure how many that read other parts of the forum.

I can't rez things, because every time I click on an object in my inventory, it is attached to my avatar before I can do anything.

And if that wasn't irritating, the object is worn, not added, so my pants disappear_every_time! 😆 And is replaced by a chair or something else on me.

It must be that the mouse is too sensitive or something? I have noticed it is a bit wobbly, when I am highlighting text (out of SL) to copy it or other things. It can waver, outline what I want, them blink off and outline something else.

So as a quick fix, can I change a setting in Preferences, so clicking on something in the inventory is not enough to wear it? I use Firestorm.

55 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I write here, because I need help fast, and I'm not sure how many that read other parts of the forum.

I can't rez things, because every time I click on an object in my inventory, it is attached to my avatar before I can do anything.

And if that wasn't irritating, the object is worn, not added, so my pants disappear_every_time! 😆 And is replaced by a chair or something else on me.

It must be that the mouse is too sensitive or something? I have noticed it is a bit wobbly, when I am highlighting text (out of SL) to copy it or other things. It can waver, outline what I want, them blink off and outline something else.

So as a quick fix, can I change a setting in Preferences, so clicking on something in the inventory is not enough to wear it? I use Firestorm.

what i can think about is mouse might be set to single click .. try to change that in double in your settings?

Edited by Alwin Alcott

I am working with the mouse settings, and I got the laptop mouse activated, so that was something. I can not remember the last time I used one of those.

I got the pants problem fixed. In Firestorm, I can now attach a chair to myself and keep the pants on. Because the chair is now added... not worn.

But dragging from inventory and out is still difficult. I am sure I do not double click.

SL is extremely sensitive.

Honestly, it's sounding like either the mouse switches aren't properly "debounced" or the physical switch component is actually faulty.  What you perceive as single clicks are being sent to the PC as hyper fast double clicks.

Take it back, get another mouse. There is no magic viewer option here.

Edited by Coffee Pancake

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am working with the mouse settings,

If you didn't specifically work with the Double Click setting, that would be something to try.  For Windows 10, search for Mouse and open Mouse Settings.  Then, on the right, click 'Additional mouse options'.  In the middle of the new window is the Double Click speed.  Play with that a bit to ensure a difference between single & double click is there - maybe it can help.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

funny timing, I just bought some new mice for similar issues. it wasn't so bad that I couldn't single click in inventory, but I would often make a selection in dialog boxes then touch or teleport to whatever was behind it. . .

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09JDL6T1M?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details is pretty cheep and it works and I've been having fun adjusting to https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001KBZ1J8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details which works surprisingly well with my non-standard standing desk position once I figured out the ergonomics of it.

• Like 1

I have an older PC and totally gave up on wireless mice - which used to work but became mostly unusable over time, regardless of anything I tried.  (Probably drier conflicts and settings, and other devices interfering with the magic miceradio waves.)

So, went to good old-fashioned wired mice / keyboard and had no problems since then.

(Get off my lawn!)

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Which mouse did you get? I just got another logitech G502 just because I like the shape and feel.. I had the same before , but forgot to set my buttons on it.. I forgot it had a sensitivity on the top and kept getting madder and madder  as the sensitivity dropped.. I was like, this mouse is slowly dying, what a piece of crap, even though I had the same mouse before..

The sensitivity button is on top behind the scroll wheel and I kept clicking it on accident.. hehehehe

My oldest was the one that reminded me that there is that button on top.. I felt like such an idiot for getting mad, when I should have known better.. hehehe

Anyways, what kind of mouse do you have? Usually it's just in the main operating system settings for it, but if you have extra buttons, you may be able to switch things on the mouse itself or set the command for that button to nothing or to something else.

You may want to try installing the software that comes with the mouse. The built in system drivers are good but sometimes the mouse software will make it work a little better and probably give you more options to control the sensitivity. The mouse software also enables the use of any extra buttons the mouse may have. I usually get Logitech trackballs and the buttons work great until you wear them out after a long time. 

I have a similar issue. Whenever I drag from inventory to the ground, if I release the mouse button quickly, it attaches. If I pause momentarily it rezzes correctly on the ground. So its a speed of release thing.

I have wish there was a way, in Firestorm, to disable attach by dragging. I never want to do that. I always want to attach by  clicking on the inventory item and selecting Add.

I have a Logitech wireless mouse (MX Master 3).

Seriously .. if you are single clicking and SL is acting like it's a double click.

The mouse has a fault.

Yes it might not be noticeable with other applications or games. It's not unusual for SL to be the only thing affected or the first thing you notice.

SL is really sensitive to this particular fault.

If you have the time and a little skill with soldering, replacing the switch in the mouse is a very cheap fix.

There is no other fix aside from buying a new mouse. This is not a setting. This is a hardware fault.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm replacing the mouse today. I think a cheap mouse will work, I have used them without issues before.

That clothes was detached was solved by doing this:

The furniture was still on me instead of the ground, but they were added, so I did not have to search up the pants in my inventory. I could only detach the furniture, and that was it. Still annoying, but not so much work.

I have not used double click to wear items before.

Just wanted to add that I had some issues like this many months ago. It had nothing to do with the mouse --- but with the REGION.   I have been using a logitech wireless mouse for many years (same old model as it is small and my hands are too.   Changing out the mouse had nothing to do with those issue for me.  The "fixed themselves" over time.  It was also not the viewer.   

So did you try rezzing in a SANDBOX (hence other region)?   

The other thing that it could be is a Windows Update.  I have had  recent ones on both Win 10 and Win11 (I actually have Win11 notebook set to only update every five weeks because the updates were causing ALL kinds of issues. This latest one on my notebook made it so I can't charge up my headphones on that computer. They charge fine if I attach the same cord and headset to my big computer.

So I guess I am just saying that it MAY have nothing to do with the mouse.   Some things unfortunately are beyond our control.  Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 502 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.