New Bento Mesh SL Avatars

Jabari Nightingale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

28 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The Lindens are always ambiguous on completion dates. So...  soon™. When they do they will announce it on the SL Blog's Featured News.

You can check in the viewer by opening the Complete Avatars panel. There is a button and in the top menu Avatar -> Complete Avatars.

Thank you. I checked where you said, in the viewer and only the old new avatars appear. I will wait for the big announcement.

41 minutes ago, randakong said:

Don't use anything by LL, it always outdated like ur classic av.

The NUX Avatars aren't out yet..When they come out, They will be Bento, Bom and  PBR Ready.. Plus come with a complete development kit, which only a tiny amount of current bodies come out with..

So actually, when they hit the grid, they will be as up to date, if not more up to date than the current mesh bodies on the market at the moment.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Maitimo said:

They'll be more up to date than Maitreya, which hasn't been updated in about 4 years.

3 years. BoM (5.0) update was around early 2020, and a few following bug fixes/updates in a few months after that. But yeah, still been a while. Then again like with most other bodies and heads, if there are no obvious issues to fix or something new to add (like Bento and BoM for the previous major updates), then not really much body/head creators can really do.

For example Lelutka heads are all on 3.1 version since Summer of 2021, although recent glitter addition for all heads didn't change the version number. Can't say I know what they could have add since that aside of similar bells and whistles like glitter, which is not exactly the head itself anyway and just a little addon.

Either way "being up to date" is not always the most important part when it comes to those things. Overall quality is. And I really doubt those Nux avatars will be anywhere near top few bodies/heads now. Nor should they be according to LL themselves, since they are still meant to just give a better start for the new users and not replace current mesh bodies/heads. But even if they'll be 1/3 as good it's still going to be much better compared to the current ancient starter avatars. They were pretty sad to look at even whe I joined and another 10 years along with additions of the mesh bodies, heads, bento etc sure didn't made them any more appealing.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Maitimo said:

They'll be more up to date than Maitreya, which hasn't been updated in about 4 years.

it's possible but a statement that's not sure .. we see the devlopment of premiumgifts from LL also still are wáy above premium parcel limits.
And the reputation .. well it must be really something good to step into the mesh market. It's not the first time it hit them in their own feet.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i don't think so, Linden creations will for many always be seen as for noobs  :) 

That's only because of the anti-LL subculture that's existed in SL for years. People rushed to use any open source viewer just because they weren't the official viewer. People rushed to get early-adopter mesh avatars even if they looked uglier than their 'classic' predecessors.

I still use a classic avatar but I'm certainly looking forward to the NUX ones. Undoubtedly a really good mesh avatar is more realistic (especially in close-up) than a classic one but because having a mesh avatar doesn't make the average resident any better at judging proportions or choosing a skin  -  and worse at rezzing fully in busy places, there's quite an overlap. 😁  

Edited by Conifer Dada

It was around sl19b when SL put out a video with mister mole (I think he's the creator) showing what the male model would look like, he was in sweat cloths green. Recent news has been they are working on accessories for them and the dev kits would come before avatars launch. I had to watch video could not attend, could not get close ups or inspect the model for more detai, I would have. 

22 hours ago, randakong said:

Don't use anything by LL, it always outdated like ur classic av.

I hope they keep the classic avatars but give them updated bodies but they need variations. like same model with 30 styles. That will keep the place looking cool, and they can always add to them. new styles for events holidays. Maybe an avatar island. pick you avatar wear it done. toggle real 3d models of avatars. like welcome island has the standing avatars that's extremely creative and well done, plus it with steroids. 

Edited by benchthis
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, benchthis said:

I hope they keep the classic avatars but give them updated bodies but they need variations. like same model with 30 styles. That will keep the place looking cool, and they can always add to them. new styles for events holidays. Maybe an avatar island. pick you avatar wear it done. toggle real 3d models of avatars. like welcome island has the standing avatars that's extremely creative and well done, plus it with steroids. 

the devkits are made/ reached out because they don't want to create unlimited variations ... that's on the residents.
Also the old classics have unlimited variations by their flexibility in shapes and deformers and clothes made by residents.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i don't think so, Linden creations will for many always be seen as for noobs  :) 

The difference will be  more in line with what we had before mesh bodies came along.. We won't have to be approved and apply for things like Dev kits from other users to get their kits to create things..

The reason the NUX has a good chance for success is that it's dev kit could keep a constant flow of new content coming in..Because it's tools are open to everyone.. So while they are learning so they can move to other bodies or just decide to stay with the NUX. The byproduct of those people learning to create for the NUX is the new content they create for the NUX.

The tools won't be locked behind closed doors of other users like they are now.. They'll be back in our hands like they were before. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
typoes city.. hehehe
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the devkits are made/ reached out because they don't want to create unlimited variations ... that's on the residents.
Also the old classics have unlimited variations by their flexibility in shapes and deformers and clothes made by residents.

no way. wispers reach out to whom? I guess message support for dev kit files? It will be nice to see what the elite come up with when they launch..

Edited by benchthis

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

nobody yet, they will announce and how it wil be distributed before release of the body :)

woops misread your post, really need to wear my glasses more. you didn't say reach out you said reached out. my brain did not see the ed in reach. nm.

thanks I thought that was the plan. 

12 minutes ago, benchthis said:

woops misread your post, really need to wear my glasses more. you didn't say reach out you said reached out. my brain did not see the ed in reach. nm.

thanks I thought that was the plan. 

i'm not english or american :) my grammar is always a bit off 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.