Unnecessarily scary message from SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Got this message via email overnight, at 6:16 AM PDT, while not logged in:

[13:15] [CENSORED]: You have been ejected from 'Verona Valley RP' by [CENSORED] Resident.

Turns out that Verona Valley RP shut down, and that's the message you get when a group is deleted. That message could be worded better.

• Like 3

Yeah.  I thought that message was kinda harsh so when I needed to clean out a defunct group, I sent a group message to the members and that resulted in CHAOS.  I got several people vehemently insisting they were never members of the group and that they were abuse reporting me for spamming!  Sometimes I wonder by I bother with people.  They are nothing but trouble!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, animats said:

Got this message via email overnight, at 6:16 AM PDT, while not logged in:

[13:15] [CENSORED]: You have been ejected from 'Verona Valley RP' by [CENSORED] Resident.

Turns out that Verona Valley RP shut down, and that's the message you get when a group is deleted. That message could be worded better.

When ejected, it would be fun if you also get orbited. ("Ejection-seat" style.)

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It shouldn't need to tell you at all. Just like being taken off someone's friend list.  Silence.

Amazing no one got LL to change it in all these years. Sure, an optional message makes sense. But otherwise it's just going to peeve people / make them sad / confuse them.

44 minutes ago, Randy Pole said:

Back in the old days everyone in the group got sent a message when someone was ejected from the group - thank god that does not happen now!

Did everyone also get a message when someone "left the group"?

I seem to remember maybe everyone got a message when someone "left the group chat".

21 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It shouldn't need to tell you at all. Just like being taken off someone's friend list.  Silence.

Groups are also used for land permissions, so you do need to know.

One of the headaches of SL groups is that they're modeled after Unix file permissions, not social groups.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.