Market Place

Samitra64

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone,

I am just writing how I feel about the changes that has happened recently on the market Place when you are wanting to search.
I am really not happy with these changes, as it has made it even more difficult than what it originally was before these latest changes
to search for what ever you are seeking. Even when clicking on 'Newest First' sometimes that doesn't even give you what you are
searching for and end up having to go through a few pages to find what it is you are searching for. I wish LL would NOT 'fix' things
when it wasn't bad in the first place. Yes it was a bit tricky at times but NEVER to the extent that it is today 10th March 2023.
Please LL put the Market Place back to how it was. Does anybody else agree with me on this subject? Please leave a comment
if you can as to whether you do  agree or don't. I am interested. Many thanks to those of you who have read my discussion.

Honestly, I don't seem to have the issues others do, so I have a hard time understanding exactly what they broke. I am sure they did break it, I just don't know what. When I search for things on mp I find the things I search. I don't seem to have a hard time finding what I am looking for. I have read some of the comments from merchants and how it has negatively affected their sales. I am just not sure why people aren't finding their things. 

If I search for a specific store name or even person, I can find it. If I search a specific item, I can find it if it's there. Even when I search a generic thing like just what kind of item but nothing specific, I get a lot of results too. I can put in just about any keyword and guarantee I'll find at least something I'm looking for. I don't always use qualifiers in my search terms so it can't be that. Could someone please-kindly, explain exactly what issues they are having with search? I asked someone else this in a group inworld and all they did was run off on a rant about something stupid regarding not wanting to put search terms in and it wasn't at all helpful for the discussion in the group then they got nasty and got booted. 

• Like 2

All I know is my MP sales have decreased by about 40% over the last 2 weeks.

Causation = correlation, no clue, but my average sales numbers "per day" have gone way down, not a little, almost half, with no corresponding real world reason like a Holiday.

40% is a massive hit.

And recently purchased is still only half what it used to be.

Whatever they did they did, they need to undo.

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If you go to 21:30 in the video ,Grumpity talks about it.. I tried to get it to land on 21:30, but if it doesn't  just move to that spot..

Thank you-I'll watch that. 

I hope they do fix whatever they broke for people.

I don't shop a lot, but most of what I do is on mp. It's just easier to find stuff that way so I'm not teleporting all over kingdom come trying to find things inworld. Or landing places I shouldn't because the places people have listed in search take me somewhere they shouldn't. That just happened a few days ago. I searched out a place I'd heard of, found it in inworld search teleported there and I was in the middle of what was clearly this person's work area. Then I got ejected for apparently intentionally going somewhere I shouldn't-won't go there again. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Caeruleiae said:

Thank you-I'll watch that. 

I hope they do fix whatever they broke for people.

I don't shop a lot, but most of what I do is on mp. It's just easier to find stuff that way so I'm not teleporting all over kingdom come trying to find things inworld. Or landing places I shouldn't because the places people have listed in search take me somewhere they shouldn't. That just happened a few days ago. I searched out a place I'd heard of, found it in inworld search teleported there and I was in the middle of what was clearly this person's work area. Then I got ejected for apparently intentionally going somewhere I shouldn't-won't go there again. 

The LM's they have in their store is the store owners responsibility to keep updated when they decide to move the location on their land.. I hate when they do that..

So many seem to do that too.. that or leave you stuck in a wall and no place to sit to get out.. I just go somewhere else to shop then.. I'm not going to battle my way to buy their stuff, they better be just shy of having the red carpet out.. lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Artorius Constantine said:

All I know is my MP sales have decreased by about 40% over the last 2 weeks.

Causation = correlation, no clue, but my average sales numbers "per day" have gone way down, not a little, almost half, with no corresponding real world reason like a Holiday.

I suspect every merchant will have a different story. Personally, I haven't noticed any drop at all, but I'm not a big-time merchant either. MP sales are only an incidental source of income for me, so even if I saw a dip it wouldn't really bother me much. I might be more nervous if I had a huge product line and was counting on MP for a living.

What Grumpity said leads me to believe that it may take another few weeks to tune this new system, but it sounds like it will be an improvement over the old clunky way of doing things.

• Like 2

Searches today won't be the same as a few days back anyway, because they changed the default from OR to AND. What was happening before was that purple mushrooms would bring up anything that was purple OR mushrooms. The result was a bunch of clothes and stuff before getting to anything resembling a mushroom. Now, they've got it to default to purple AND mushrooms, so the results are closer to what you'd expect. Which is why I suspect I've started to see mushroom sales again.

You wouldn't see this for some items,  particularly clothes, as they were often the thing that'd be pushed to the top as most relevant (even when they really weren't).

What does still seem weird is how it decides what is a bestseller, because I know the things it's bringing up from my store are not my bestsellers and have not sold recently. I suspect this is why searches can end up with a lot of outdated items at the top, because sales stats aren't being properly taken into account.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

What does still seem weird is how it decides what is a bestseller, because I know the things it's bringing up from my store are not my bestsellers and have not sold recently. I suspect this is why searches can end up with a lot of outdated items at the top, because sales stats aren't being properly taken into account.

I've never been able to figure that part out. I have a handful of items that have a pretty steady market so I expect them to show up as bestsellers. Every once in a while, though , someone buys an item that hasn't moved in months and it shows up on the first page in my store's listing  -- for one sale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

まだ奇妙に思えるのは、何がベストセラーであるかをどのように決定するかということです.なぜなら、それが私のストアから持ち出しているものは私のベストセラーではなく、最近売れていないことを私は知っているからです. 販売統計が適切に考慮されていないため、検索結果の上部に多くの古いアイテムが表示されるのはこのためだと思います。

I'm with you. Relevance lists are in the same situation. I want fixing the relevance list/bestseller list to be given priority. I would like you to fix the relevance list so that the top selling products are displayed every day. Now I want to see the most popular product list every day.

It would really help if there were some more stringent enforcement of proper tagging of MP items. Quite a number of shady creators add tags having nothing to do with their product or tags that they know would be somewhat misleading just to get more views. Personally, I'd like to see MP tag abuse result in suspension of all listings for that account for some amount of time. A few get hit with that and the rest would likely clean up their act.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

It would really help if there were some more stringent enforcement of proper tagging of MP items. Quite a number of shady creators add tags having nothing to do with their product or tags that they know would be somewhat misleading just to get more views. Personally, I'd like to see MP tag abuse result in suspension of all listings for that account for some amount of time. A few get hit with that and the rest would likely clean up their act.

That would be better than sliced bread! It would do a lot to fix the MP.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I wondered why some of my searches were showing much older items. I could and can still pretty easy find stuff I was and am looking for but some searches did bring up old stuff that I bet probably doesn't sell very often anymore. I already knew that a relevance search wasn't the most functional thing on the mp anyway from reading about it. I assumed it was something to do with that function not working properly. I don't usually use relevance search anyway, unless it's something a little obscure I'm looking for and might be related to but not named what I'm looking for-if that makes sense. 

As an aside, I appreciate people explaining the issues they were and are having with search so thanks people for that. I honestly get absolutely nothing of value when people just say its broke or doesn't work but do little to nothing to explain what they mean by that. Exactly what result they are getting and not wanting or wanting and not getting is something people seem to struggle to answer. I get it all the time from frustrated coworkers or even customers and it's really annoying. It made for some really bizarre discussions I saw in a few groups the last week or two that I couldn't make a whole lot of sense from too. 

10 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

That's why the limit of 50 pages was so bad, you ended up with a tighter spot but the clutter not reduced.. Now they said they put it back to where it was,  but really they only went about half way to what it was.. It used to be 150 pages and before that it just did the whole search of everything in the search term..

The limit itself cuts off a lot of what we could be finding..

they really need to reduce the clutter before they reduce the amount of pages searched.. The sad thing is, I'll get the same search every time with the same search term, then can log an alt in and they'll get a different search using the same term..

Hopefully whatever they are doing has something to do with knocking the gaming down some, because that's really where the problem is..

On 3/10/2023 at 9:10 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

If you go to 21:30 in the video ,Grumpity talks about it.. I tried to get it to land on 21:30, but if it doesn't  just move to that spot..

Hi Strawberry, Great to see you again. I missed the Winter wonderland this Christmas just gone. Still, good to see you back on LabGlab. Will I be able to get it in the UK? I live in England and would love to get the app on my Android.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.