THE SKIN FAIR 2023

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone finding any goodies yet?

I just finished walking through it and grabbed a few demos that are some good possibilities that I might get..

Let us know what goodies or gifts that you find..

I know there are three gifts in the Tres Beau booth that you can get if you wear their group tag..  One is Tears, then a Skin and also a Chin Dimple..

I mostly just camed through looking at just the skins so it went pretty quick for me.. Maybe an hour to an hour and a half to cam just the skins..

If you are going for the makeup and other things as well, you could be there all day.. hehehehe

Lets hear them goodies!! \o/  hehehe

ETA: I forgot to add this.. If you are in the Juniper Events group, a lot of the creators have put their demos in the group notices also, so if you can't get in or feel you don't want to deal with lag or a crowd, you can check out demos from there.. They've been adding them all day yesterday and still seeing more when I came on today..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 4

I got the new skins from Nar Mattaru and Simple Bloom, both are lovely. I did not look for gifts, I rarely pick up freebies, my inventory is bloated enough. I did not bother with any of the new mesh heads, I am not in the market for one of those, but I do change skins pretty regularly.

The skins I got -

Maud Skin @ Skin Fair {March 10th}[Simple Bloom] Skin, Siibyl

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I got the new skins from Nar Mattaru and Simple Bloom, both are lovely. I did not look for gifts, I rarely pick up freebies, my inventory is bloated enough. I did not bother with any of the new mesh heads, I am not in the market for one of those, but I do change skins pretty regularly.

The skins I got -

Maud Skin @ Skin Fair {March 10th}[Simple Bloom] Skin, Siibyl

I really like the simple Bloom things.. They make the Brows that I love. I'll have to go back because I must have missed their booth..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I still haven't gotten in yet. I tried earlier and, well...

The region you are attempting to enter is currently full. 😒😄

I'll get in and look around eventually!

I didn't really have a problem when I went in.. there might have been a lul in the crowd or something..

It really wasn't even that laggy either, which was surprising.. they must be using those high performance sims , but keeping the amount of people that can get in down  so they run well, maybe.

• Like 3

I'm probably not going to bother even going to the Skin Fair. For some reason, there's no way to teleport anywhere. They give out SLURLS to all the stores on their map, near the landing point, but they don't actually work. Any attempt to TP takes you back to the landing point. The 'teleport to' function in Area Search also always leads back the landing point. This is just plain annoying. Perhaps it's designed that way - to keep the place uncrowded.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anicha Heartsong said:

I'm probably not going to bother even going to the Skin Fair. For some reason, there's no way to teleport anywhere. They give out SLURLS to all the stores on their map, near the landing point, but they don't actually work. Any attempt to TP takes you back to the landing point. The 'teleport to' function in Area Search also always leads back the landing point. This is just plain annoying. Perhaps it's designed that way - to keep the place uncrowded.

I just landed and did the outside stores, then did the ones that were on the inside. Mostly just cam until I seen a skin store that I seen something I liked. There are soo many makeup and tattoo and shapes stores there..

If you are going for specific stores, ya that can be a pain for sure because the landing point is set it seems..

ETA: I should have put this in the OP also which I'm going to now.. But if you are in the Juniper Events group, there are a lot that are putting their demos in the group notices as well.. so you could scroll through those to see the creators  things as well.. There is a ton of demos in the notices..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

Just a tip for those who don't know! The Juniper Events group has a bunch of demos in notices, so if you're like me and still haven't gotten in yet, peek through there for your demoooooooooooos!

Also, since I'm here, I'll add some fantasy skins real quick, cuz these r purty:

ALT3's got a new Holographic Evo X skin line for male/female bodies (including the new Anatomy body for men) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/alt3sl/52728917997/in/dateposted/

BeSpoke's got a new Elementals Evo X line for male/female bodies - https://www.flickr.com/photos/188307425@N03/52737429721/in/dateposted/

And lastly, Soul's got a new body/head skin line for male/female bodies (and mods) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/soul-sl/52733893885/in/dateposted/

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Clarifyin'
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

The skins I got -

[Simple Bloom] Skin, Siibyl

Wow that second one is really pretty!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Grabbed the LOGO Harlow EVO X head, which 999 Lindens during the event.

Sanne Test.png

I seen they had the Catwa heads there also, so I went in to see if they had anything new.. I guess they have a couple of new heads..

Then looked at the price of the ones  marked down.. It was like around 4500 maybe 4900.. But the regular price for their heads in the rest of the booth was 5900.

6k for a mesh head, I was like  0.0

I didn't realize they were so high.

hehehe

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I seen they had the Catwa heads there also, so I went in to see if they had anything new.. I guess they have a couple of new heads..

Then looked at the price of the ones  marked down.. It was like around 4500 maybe 4900.. But the regular price for their heads in the rest of the booth was 5900.

hehehe

That's why I passed them. If they can't even do a special promo for one of the main events of SL, why bother to spend your lindens on it. Oh, Maximillian from LOGO promissed that he will start to update his older heads to EVO X enabled ones after the Skin Fair.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

hehehe

Catwa's HDPro line has always been about 5900L. It's why I always rock the freebie.

Gorgeous animations, though, and it's my most flexible head to shape. But yeah, I barely want to drop 4k on a body, let alone 6k on a head.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

That's why I passed them. If they can't even do a special promo for one of the main events of SL, why bother to spend your lindens on it. Oh, Maximillian from LOGO promissed that he will start to update his older heads to EVO X enabled ones after the Skin Fair.

That's gonna be great, My first mesh head was from Logo.. I hope mine gets done.. I love that head :)

Mine is Alexis. I'm actually wearing it in my forum avatar picture.. hehehe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Catwa's HDPro line has always been about 5900L. It's why I always rock the freebie.

Gorgeous animations, though, and it's my most flexible head to shape. But yeah, I barely want to drop 4k on a body, let alone 6k on a head.

Ya, I just don't remember paying that much, but I guess I did.. That's how much I've slowed down my spending and impulse buying.. before it wasn't really a big deal and just  didn't pay attention so much.. Mesh heads and mesh bodies  were things that did cost more that most things..

But now clothes and things started getting into this asking crazy prices and they are nowhere near as much a component and a body and head.. So I backed off and stopped throwing money around..

The day I seen around 3k for a pair of panties and a top, I said to myself, what the heck am I doing? then just stopped spending and only getting what I feel is good enough for me after I put it through the ringer of being good enough for me.. plus after it meets my list of things like, is it mod, is it rigged well and things like that..

I kick myself for being so loose with my spending before and breaking so many of my own rules.. hehehe

• Like 2

I got in early with my Lelutka group tag.

I think this year is better than last years. I feel like last year there were a lot of picture that were over processed looking. 

There were a few new creators and a couple I forgot about. A couple of standouts for me were Pretty Young Thang, CocoaMatrix and Voguel.

NYLA SKIN X SKIN FAIR 2023

CHINA SKIN @ SKINFAIR 2023

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I just don't remember paying that much, but I guess I did.. That's how much I've slowed down my spending and impulse buying.. before it wasn't really a big deal and just  didn't pay attention so much.. Mesh heads and mesh bodies  were things that did cost more that most things..

But now clothes and things started getting into this asking crazy prices and they are nowhere near as much a component and a body and head.. So I backed off and stopped throwing money around..

The day I seen around 3k for a pair of panties and a top, I said to myself, what the heck am I doing? then just stopped spending and only getting what I feel is good enough for me after I put it through the ringer of being good enough for me.. plus after it meets my list of things like, is it mod, is it rigged well and things like that..

I kick myself for being so loose with my spending before and breaking so many of my own rules.. hehehe

Yeah, I think I paid about 5k for my Catwa Jade when I first upgraded to mesh. I don't regret it, though. That head was gorgeous, too. Plus, I had money laying around anyway from some sales made while I was on hiatus. And back then, there weren't a ton of good options for what I wanted anyway. I'm absolutely okay with higher price tags on heads and bodies and mods anyway, considering all the animation and scripting and modeling and testing that goes into those. 

I have never seen (nor paid) those astronomical amounts for clothes, though. Not happening! My typical spend is 25L (Tuesday specials) to about 75L per item. If I absolutely neeeeeeeeeeed something and it's not on sale, I'll go up to 250L, but usually with credit. I need too much stuff to be dropping thousands for a pair of panties get out of here. I'd just wander off to go make an entire avatar for under 1000L.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Seems like the sims are down? Only 1 person on each of the three and no access?

I heard they were shutting it down because early access is over and they wanted a soft start when access is open.. So it should be noon SLT from what I heard..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

I am quite impressed by some of the skins this year. Many of them hit a bit TOO right and i'm so broke after buying 1 thing already lol.

I think cocoamatrix had a free skin and there were a couple of places that had some older skins on sale for like 299. There’s definitely deals to be had this year.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I think cocoamatrix had a free skin and there were a couple of places that had some older skins on sale for like 299. There’s definitely deals to be had this year.

I was so busy looking at things on the walls that I never noticed a single gift lol. Since i'll be going back to grab a LOWEN skin, i'll have to take a look around again!

It is so overwhelming. I found the gallery. I could not scroll more than maybe 1/6, perhaps 1/10 down before my eyes glazed over.

It can be a good thing for creators, to be an event sponsor, or in sim A. I managed to scroll to the letter "B" in sim A.

I get the option to buy tons of makeup every weekend, so makeup packs should be mostly 100 L, for me to consider them.

It was some really good skins, but I just can't look at all. It is good of you to post pictures here, and please include the price.

The LelEvo heads is 25% off, and since they are much cheaper than Catwa, the special ones for the fair should be something like 3000 L now? Roughly 4000 L ordinary price, 25% off is 1000 L.

It is so great that LelEvo makes so many male heads.

Catwa is pricing themself out off the market.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.