PETITION: Add Vanderpump to the list of Second Life last names!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I were marketing for Linden Lab (but I'm not), I would add Vanderpump to the list of new SL last names.

Just sayin' if you know you know...I simply can't remember the last time I was so invested in reality TV show drama.

(A hilariously snarky background explainer: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/scaachikoul/vanderpump-rules-tom-sandoval-raquel-leviss-cheating-scandal)

Vanderpump Rules.jpg

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

If I were marketing for Linden Lab (but I'm not), I would add Vanderpump to the list of new SL last names.

Just sayin' if you know you know...I simply can't remember the last time I was so invested in reality TV show drama.

(A hilariously snarky background explainer: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/scaachikoul/vanderpump-rules-tom-sandoval-raquel-leviss-cheating-scandal)

Vanderpump Rules.jpg

Last Name Suggestions (google.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Would SL have to ask permission for this?  They might even have to pay $$$ to license the rights to the name because I'm pretty sure any reality show family will have all of their names trademarked in some fashion.  

Not that I'm interested in yet another family whose only contribution to society is reality shows.  

15 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Would SL have to ask permission for this?  They might even have to pay $$$ to license the rights to the name because I'm pretty sure any reality show family will have all of their names trademarked in some fashion.  

Not that I'm interested in yet another family whose only contribution to society is reality shows.  

It's just a last name. They added Addams for another famous tv family... and Primdashian. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I see the name used A LOT in display names.  Reading most of those people's profiles?  Most should be avoided.  😂

A bit like 'Morningstar'. Whether it's in the legacy name, display name, or both - chances are high it's gonna be attached to an wannabe-edgy douche. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

It's just a last name. They added Addams for another famous tv family... and Primdashian. 

Addams is a common enough name to not automatically be assumed related to the movies and tv show.  Primdashian is enough of a change that I doubt the Kardashians would go after it, however...

"The Kardashian brand name is a multibillion-dollar brand and is protected with several measures, including appropriate registration with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). As of 2022, Kim Kardashian has 72 registered trademarks."

It wouldn't surprise me if they would come after SL if they allowed that last name.   SL is not going to take that risk, and I doubt they would pay a likely hefty sum to the Ks to be allowed to use it. 

As for Vanderpump, they have filed for some trademarks for their name, but I can't tell if they were approved. 

People can get around it by using trademarked names in their display names. I really don't know how much LL monitors what's used for those. 

• 2 weeks later...

What? Are we doing Dutch names? Here's a few suggestions:

Verschoor, Zwanepark, Raaspit, VanOekel, Drijfsijs, Naaktgeboren, Pappelendam, Frutteletutjes, Pollewop, Pikkesteijn, VanDronkelaar, VanPuffelen, Reutelingsperger (I know one IRL), Scheurwater, Schransman, Stikkelbroek, Vlinkervleugel, Wildebeest, Kwakernaak

Don't hurt yourself trying to pronounce these correctly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

What? Are we doing Dutch names? Here's a few suggestions:

Verschoor, Zwanepark, Raaspit, VanOekel, Drijfsijs, Naaktgeboren, Pappelendam, Frutteletutjes, Pollewop, Pikkesteijn, VanDronkelaar, VanPuffelen, Reutelingsperger (I know one IRL), Scheurwater, Schransman, Stikkelbroek, Vlinkervleugel, Wildebeest, Kwakernaak

Don't hurt yourself trying to pronounce these correctly.

They are not used as insults, but merely as names?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.