A Healthy Debate: Avatar Regulations with loopholes Category: Anime Avatars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

59 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Some of the shapes looked 5-12 to me

Oh wow, yeah we definitely got different results on the Marketplace then. I wouldn't think Milan could go that young, as I'm fairly confident I could push it to mid-40s with the right skins and addons, just given what I've seen people do with it on Flickr. It's one of their more mature looking heads, which is why I like it.

Whether or not I could make a 20s-40-year-old anime avatar/character with it remains to be seen. Mayyyyyybeeee, but I dunno if I'm up for that challenge. There are easier heads to do that with. 😂

4 minutes ago, Caeruleiae said:

It should be every nation's rules. Yes it is also ll's rules though.

What kind of nation would have no rules at all regarding the sexualization of children or representations of child-like beings? Certainly not a nation I would think is a good one. They should all have rules. It's rally weird to think some believe there shouldn't be any rules about it. I'd question the sanity and moral compass of that person, to be honest. 

Well, yes, it is LL's rules also but LL has to follow the USA's laws, as well as California's at times I think.  The OP brought up something about culture and TOS but the culture involved as expressed by the OP was not clearly defined.  But, LL has to follow America's laws/rules, it doesn't bend for other cultures who may have a different law.  I believe Drake was right on that on Page 1.  LL does not follow the law of Japan nor make loopholes for Japanese laws.  SL doesn't work that way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh wow, yeah we definitely got different results on the Marketplace then. I wouldn't think Milan could go that young

Did you type in Milan and then go to shape?  In my post I said type in Milan Shape, meaning both words.  Scroll down a bit.  I'll send one to your IM.  

Here is the link:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=milan+shape

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Did you type in Milan and then go to shape?  In my post I said type in Milan Shape, meaning both words.  Scroll down a bit.  I'll send one to your IM.  

Here is the link:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=milan+shape

Saw a few but overall, they look over 18.  The head that I see that works best for a younger look is Prim.  

Catwa had more young looking heads.  Nora and Daria come to mind.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Saw a few but overall, they look over 18.  The head that I see that works best for a younger look is Prim.  

A few of them remind me of looks you could use to rock some serious street fashion, too. Missed opportunity to not dress them that way.

Those look like the results I got, too. I also got the late teens/early 20s impression from them. Not anime, though. That'd take work. The features seem a bit too soft to pull it off. I'd want something a bit more angular, but that's just me!

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

A few of them remind me of looks you could use to rock some serious street fashion, too. Missed opportunity to not dress them that way.

Those look like the results I got, too. I also got the late teens/early 20s impression from them. Not anime, though. That'd take work. The features seem a bit too soft to pull it off. I'd want something a bit more angular, but that's just me!

Never thought of anime with Lelu.  Now this one is the one I remember from catwa that had anime possibilities...

CATWAHEADNoraAd2.jpg.4c6e15bc1c60ea747698cdb1afc8bb75.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Never thought of anime with Lelu.  Now this one is the one I remember from catwa that had anime possibilities...

CATWAHEADNoraAd2.jpg.4c6e15bc1c60ea747698cdb1afc8bb75.jpg

Wow, that's really cute. I don't remember ever seeing that, but Catwa has a loooot of heads, so it's possible I missed it. Yeah, that could make some really nice anime avatars. The eyes would work, too. Grrr, stop giving me styling ideas!!! I don't need more heaaaads. 😂

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I wasn't saying just that head (Milan) has a child head/woman's body.  I was just giving an example period. 

I found those shapes because I am planning to buy that head.  The head does not come shaped like that as you should know.  Those are shapes made for it.   There are child's heads one could use and then add a woman's body, and possibly even an anime head with a woman's body.

However, half child/half woman, it doesn't say in the TOS one cannot simply look that way.  It's what one does and where one can go in a half child/half woman avatar that might present problems.

But, anyhow, I was just giving one example, not that Milan looks that way.  I was suggesting looking at some of the shapes made for Milan.

Edited by EliseAnne85

1 hour ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I actually think that might be an ACTUAL violation of TOS,

As far as I know, an adult, expressing themselves as clearly an adult who's acting and dressing like a child is within the TOS, even if that goes pretty close to the line. perhaps too close for a lot of people's comfort.

ETA: even if adult things are also involved.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I wasn't saying just that head (Milan) has a child head/woman's body.  I was just giving an example period. 

I found those shapes because I am planning to buy that head.  The head does not come shaped like that as you should know.  Those are shapes made for it.   There are child's heads one could use and then add a woman's body, and possibly even an anime head with a woman's body.

However, half child/half woman, it doesn't say in the TOS one cannot simply look that way.  It's what one does and where one can go in a half child/half woman avatar that might present problems.

But, anyhow, I was just giving one example, not that Milan looks that way.  I was suggesting looking at some of the shapes made for Milan.

Its not a half child/half women.. Its a female av with a young looking face. Even with a young face as long as you do not present yourself as an under 18 person you can go anywhere and do anything an av that looks 50 can do. There are plenty of people in RL walking around that look 16-21 that are actually late 20's early 30's.

Its the visual depiction of underage avatars engaging in sexual activity that is illegal. That is the law in most countries in the world and ALL of the UN. Which is why I dont engage at all with any female avs in adult sims that have the stereotypical look of underage women. Flat chest, skin and bones, no curves, big eyes, tiny mouth, and the biggest red flag is the paci and little speak. 

• Like 1

Every time I see threads like this  I can't help but eyeroll as a five foot tall person with a chubby/baby face who is in their mid 30's. Some folks ave  really warped sense  of adult vs child and claim  everyone under a certain height a child...

Edited by Robin Kiyori
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

As far as I know, an adult, expressing themselves as clearly an adult who's acting and dressing like a child is within the TOS, even if that goes pretty close to the line. perhaps too close for a lot of people's comfort.

ETA: even if adult things are also involved.

Like, elves!!

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

That's a beautiful avatar and photograph including the lighting on the face.  Definitely adult, almost looks 18 exact.  I didn't know these heads and hairs existed.  

Interesting, I'd say it looks mid 20s. After all, most of the BTS boys are mid to late 20s and look younger than this. I call em boys cos I am about twice that, hehe. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

There’s a whole community of anime lovers that you are tarring with a very nasty brush here and that isn’t acceptable.

That bugs me too. My avatar is named after an anime character, and the first community I hung around with in SL was a group of Japanese (and misc others) who liked swordfighting. We'd dress up as anime style schoolgirls/boys and have swordfighting tournaments, which was great fun, and never got "naughty". This was more than a decade ago, so perhaps things have changed in anime fandom online, and in SL especially - maybe younger folk know more about that. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Akane Nacht said:

Interesting, I'd say it looks mid 20s. After all, most of the BTS boys are mid to late 20s and look younger than this. I call em boys cos I am about twice that, hehe. 

Suga is 30, if I'm not mistaken. He was trending all over the place the other day for his birthday and his tour, which is the only reason I know that, lol. Omg, where has the time gone, lol.

That's another thing. Lots of avatars and products in SL are inspired by K-Pop and other huge musical scenes (Japanese pop, metal, and rock bands, etc.), not solely just anime. There are entire stores designed around those scenes. And some of those groups are now in their late 20s/early 30s, if not older.

I remember many years ago, my interest in fashion was heavily influenced by Malice Mizer, and still to this day, I catch myself tapping into that when styling my male avatars, which is surprisingly easy to do. What would they be now...50s. Geeez.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

Looking at the pic, I think it's the pink lips that made me think younger man.  That dew of youth but he is kind of "chiseled".  It's a gorgeous avatar, anyhow.

As far as the handful of anime's I've seen on the grid, I visited one of the anime sims quite a few years back.  There are sims for anime's just like there are for the Dinkies/Tinies or Sci-fi creatures.  This was years ago, and they were ALL dressed in Kemonos and were thin in body shape but average height to suggest a late teen or young adult person.  The thing with most Asians is they tend to be thin because of their diet, as well as small breasted for many of their women.  So, a thin, small breasted woman is not a child either.  So, most sims/clubs  are going to go by height and it is just an old re-hashing of stuff we have no control over unless we, personally, own a club.  

What really is the deal, as with all fantasy characters, many have their own sims because a lot of clubs feel it breaks the immersion of their human atmosphere simulated reality.  This can be looked at as discrimination but each club has their own rules.  The club owners allow or disallow certain avi's and that's the way it's always been.

I still don't know exactly what the OP is talking about regarding anime...?  Anime doesn't have an all over bad name, it's just a fantasy character and a lot of clubs don't allow fantasy except at Halloween perhaps. 

As far as fantasy characters in SL, it's like that old saying..you can make some of the people happy some of the time, but you can't make all of the people happy all of the time.  It's each club owners decision.

Edited by EliseAnne85

Hey sometimes anime avatar user here. A lot going on in this thread I had to hold myself back from touching. I won't, but I'm just gonna say it's generally really upsetting and unfair to lump in any anime user in with people into l*li. That's like an entirely different thing that I personally don't want anything to do with. I just like having a stylized avatar it really is exhausting and distressing to think I could be tied to anything disgusting and harmful simply over avatar style preference. And as far as questionable creators go, the anime head/avatar market is pretty dire. There's barely any currently supported up to date options as is. So I understand gravitating to certain more popular creators. THAT BEING SAID! Not everyone is aware of what's wrong. I only found out pretty recently a creator I made mods for and admired was. Actually well, not so great to say the least. Going forward I actively want nothing to do with them but I hope you get what I'm saying, sorry it got long I guess I'm just kind of tired of certain mindsets on this.

Also I know I know. People get angry and fight on forums. I really don't want to. In fact I started avoiding this site out of anxiety and will go right back to doing that after saying this. But just in case: yes I'm aware some people have questionable anime avatars. This isn't about them, or at least the ones doing it on purpose. There's also plenty of realistic human avatars that are involved in creepy stuff so I really don't get the blaming of every stylized avatar. Very sad to see in a world that's intended to be a place to be creative and yourself.

This stuff tends to super upset me but then I realized a lot of sl users would consider a Spamton avatar a child because it's a short stylized character and honestly that makes me laugh so bad I'm sorry. World's first middle aged child. Plus thankfully not everyone makes those wild assumptions. Hooray for nuance  yayy

That's really all I wanted to say haha alright bye‼️😁👍

Edited by Jinx Lavarock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anime avatar's don't have to look realistic btw i'm pretty sure this is beating a dead horse at this point again there's no loopholes why would there be loopholes that doesn't make sense.

Edited by Wincil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 469 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.