Infrastructure Investment Update: Buy/Sell Fee Change and Land Pricing Effective Mar 6, 2023 DISCUSSION

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Mari Moonbeam said:

impulse buys

3660 Lindens approximately is the same fee and not changed.  To me, that's plenty for impulse buys and always has been my whole SL for impulse buys.

How many lindens do you need for impulse buys?   I'm just curious, honestly.

• Like 1

On topic:

Those of us who rarely buy L$, and don't have Private Regions (so we are not impacted one way or another)..

Do we really have anything to either complain about, or thank LL for?

I have decided, in my case to take a "positive" approach:  These changes help some people. Good for them

And also: The fee changes make some people unhappy.  Sorry, wish I could do something besides be sympathetic.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

On topic:

Those of us who rarely buy L$, and don't have Private Regions (so we are not impacted one way or another)..

Do we really have anything to either complain about, or thank LL for?

Depends on how it affects the creators I buy from most.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

On topic:

Impulse buys is on topic but I think the poster meant impulse buys of lindens, not buying lindens so she could buy hair, clothes, furniture, shoes on an impulse so I believe I misunderstood her impulse. 

As far as impulse buying of lindens, I've never had the urge because it's only a few dollars difference.

I just checked for 30000 L and the difference if one puts a limit order in as compared to market (instant buy) one saves about four dollars.   

Edited by EliseAnne85

53 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I'm not sure you read, or if you did I'm not sure you understood what I wrote.

Why would people complain about being offered additional, optional features?

You misunderstood. I was speaking about the price.

If those prices went up, users would complain about that just as much as people are complaining about fee hikes.

Why would I want the added fee associated with using L$ to pay for my tier? It would make my GF more than a regular region now.  Maybe I am not understanding this correctly, can someone dumb it up for me?

** BTW I do not "make" money on SL at all... I rarely sell anything and donations are nonexistent for people visiting my region.. which I might add I can not even get LL to put in destinations.

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Why would I want the added fee associated with using L$ to pay for my tier? It would make my GF more than a regular region now.  Maybe I am not understanding this correctly, can someone dumb it up for me?

I think it helps people who "earn" lots of L$ in-world, they can just use the L$ they earn to pay that tier, instead of buying L$ to pay.

Otherwise, the "paying for Region with L$" and the "by the way, it now costs more fee to buy L$" probably aren't supposed to be connected.

Rather, "Hey look, now your Region costs less per month"..AND you can pay directly for it with L$ (if you so choose).

I am not claiming to be "dumb", so not sure I can "dumb it up" (or down). I am however, "low-comprehension"!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I just checked for 30000 L and the difference if one puts a limit order in as compared to market (instant buy) one saves about four dollars.   

I wonder how long you'd have to wait for that limit order to be filled, maybe..forever? Long enough you'd probably give up (if you were like people who post about it in the forum all the time, because they didn't know the different and thought it was immediate).

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think it helps people who "earn" lots of L$ in-world, they can just use the L$ they earn to pay that tier, instead of buying L$ to pay.

Otherwise, the "paying for Region with L$" and the "by the way, it now costs more fee to buy L$" probably aren't supposed to be connected.

Rather, "Hey look, now your Region costs less per month"..AND you can pay directly for it with L$ (if you so choose).

I am not claiming to be "dumb", so not sure I can "dumb it down". I am however, "low-comprehension"!

ah, lemme claim that one, I like it Low comprehension.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder how long you'd have to wait for that limit order to be filled, maybe..forever? Long enough you'd probably give up (if you were like people who post about it in the forum all the time, because they didn't know the different and thought it was immediate).

I'm talking about the default limit buy which is usually filled in little time but it depends on how much one is buying, of course.  

Putting in your own limit buy with a number would/could, most definitely take longer.  It depends what you are going for too.

When I first checked it was 255 lindens available on the limit buy, and then when I went back to check again it was 254 lindens, but really one only saves a few dollars but the main bill is high at 30000 L, it's approx $130-135 range and saving four or five dollars doesn't thrill me all that much especially when the total is near or over $130 dollars.

I have never had an impulse to buy lindens.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Cool, cool.."other people matter"!  Or rather, "I care about my stuff!" (Either and/or both, amirite?)

No.

Then.."depends if my favorite creators are impacted" (sorry, my best guess as your original quote is on a different page - can't multi-quote..) falls into a "Category C"?

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Then.."depends if my favorite creators are impacted" (sorry, my best guess as your original quote is on a different page - can't multi-quote..) falls into a "Category C"?

You actually can multi quote from various pages and even posts! You will get it, I believe in you, don't give up! You will get this!

44 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh wait, I just found out something.  If one wants the default limit buy that is set right now at 255, it's 3 days wait.  However, by just moving the number down one to 254 it changes to read a 10-minute wait to fill.  See my SS below how much you'd save if impulse buying 30K lindens at a rate of 254 and the wait is 10 minutes.  But, in essence what the person would have saved by using LIMIT BUY is wiped out with the fee increase.  However, saving 4-5 dollars doesn't mean all that much to me.  I'm meh.  My impulse buys are stuff I want from time to time and then I purchase some lindens around the 3500 linden range, so doesn't affect me because the fee is unchanged at around 3600 lindens. 

Screenshot (1688).png

Edited by EliseAnne85

5 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh wait, I just found out something.  If one wants the default limit buy that is set right now at 255, it's 3 days wait.  However, by just moving the number down one to 254 it changes to read a 10-minute wait to fill.  See my SS below how much you'd save if impulse buying 30K lindens at a rate of 254 and the wait is 10 minutes.

Screenshot (1688).png

USD 4.76$ savings by changing exchange rate. The button on the viewer i'm assuming is the instant buy. So for more savvy linden buyers this would be most helpful and efficient.. That seems litely shady. 

7 minutes ago, benchthis said:

USD 4.76$ savings by changing exchange rate. The button on the viewer i'm assuming is the instant buy. So for more savvy linden buyers this would be most helpful and efficient.. That seems litely shady. 

I changed the limit buy price by using the arrows.  It was 255 and said a 3-day wait.  Then I moved the arrows on the limit buy to 254 and it said a 10-minute wait to fill.  I don't understand, bench, what you are saying.   What is "litely shady".  Limit buys are done all of the time.  Someone may have to wait for it if they want an expectational price such as 263 for example and may not fill at all.  SL has always been like this with market/limit buys.  One can always put a price in and try it but you have to be realistic too.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, benchthis said:

You think that's bad .. wait till you find out about people who impulse buy on the marketplace and don't have any L$ on their account at all.

You can just pay with a credit card.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, benchthis said:

Oh I understand what you are saying.  The button in the viewer to buy lindens.  That I hardly ever use and had forgotten about it.  Yes, I am assuming it gives one the instant buy price (the going price) I guess it is also called.  

It's not really shady, it's just that we all find out about all the things in SL over time.   If it seems shady, start a thread.  Perhaps they can change it in the viewer to it being a link to the market/limit buy page instead but for that you'd need a JIRA.  A thread would give you some idea if most people would want that change in the viewer or not.

Edited by EliseAnne85

4 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

Oh I understand what you are saying.  The button in the viewer to buy lindens.  That I hardly ever use and had forgotten about it.  Yes, I am assuming it gives one the instant buy price (the going price) I guess it is also called.  

It's not really shady, it's just that we all find out about all the things in SL over time.   If it seems shady, start a thread.  Perhaps they can change it in the viewer to it being a link to the market/limit buy page instead but for that you'd need a JIRA.  A thread would give you some idea if most people would want that change in the viewer or not.

Nah I see, hear, discovery no evil. Cool tip though ty :D

• Like 1

The more I think about these changes, the angrier I get. These new policies are like the GOP's tax breaks for the rich (landowners) and then spreading the debt burden among the poor (average user using Lindex). Second Life is looking very, very unattractive right now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.