Premium+ and a Homestead VS ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

As someone who has premium plus and owns a fair bit of mainland, this is very tempting. I would need to offload the mainland to justify the cost of owning a homestead though. I wonder how many others would be in the same position?

That's exactly my thought. I can keep a 2048 mainland parcel since that is part of my membership (and I don't want to give up a mainland presence completely), but the ability to have a whole region (area-wise, if not prim-wise) to mess around with has always been an item on the wishlist that remained beyond my reach.

Plus, I'm not all that social, so I can't imagine needing more than 24 other people around me in ever. And with what I have in mind, 5,000 prims should be plenty (and a fun sort of challenge).

While this might seem like a sub-optimal deal to some, I am currently experiencing mild to midling squee.

Edited by SeattleChris
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

As someone who has premium plus and owns a fair bit of mainland, this is very tempting. I would need to offload the mainland to justify the cost of owning a homestead though. I wonder how many others would be in the same position?

Certainly I would be. 8192 currently with direct, unblocked sailing access to Blake. I could keep the 2048 parcel my gallery is sitting on and sell off the rest. Like @SeattleChris I am currently experiencing mild to midling squee. :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

As per todays LAB GAB announcement - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAONPcgZA8

Premium Plus will come with the opportunity to own a homestead without needing a full region first.

Premium+ : $249 per year.

Homestead : $1308 per year ($109 per month)

Homestead with premium plus : $1557 per year.

Full Region with no premium account : $2748 per year.

A full region is 4x a homestead.

The reason the Lindens did not allow this before is because certain land barons bought up hundreds of them and put tenants in as estate managers and then never logged in, leaving the Lindens with a lot of customers without full control or full payment of the homesteads. They also stuffed numerous tenants on to homesteads not intended to hold them.

So the question I have is: how many can that Premium Plus account get? Patch said only one -- but that's on one account. How many alts will they allow? Unlimited? The way they do with Belli homes? Because then once again, we'll see barons overstuffing homesteads for rentals that weren't intended to sustain them.

I also think the Lindens will now lose more islands. People who have entire islands just to have "an entire separate thing" to put their store or home will now dump the more expensive islands whose prims they may not have used and get homesteads.

People with multiple Bellisseria homes will likely dump them in favour of the homestead.

So they gain in one category of product and lose in anothers, given the low and static (and even dropping somewhat) concurrency. Churn.

I'm not sure LL will be ahead with this but I can see why they want to give people the thing they've asked for the most.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

This was very timely.  I would have renewed my premium subscription today but decided instead to downgrade to Basic and wait for Homesteads to be introduced on or around Nov 1st.  If everything checks out, then for me, this is the Premium Plus feature that finally makes it worth upgrading for.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You don't get to pick where on the grid it is or choose the name .. but .. eeehhhhh

some landlords offer that too, at the basic costs ... still cheaper :) 

and.. the roll out of the others things..... soon... in the nearby future... ( while we'r still waiting on some inititial promessed features)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

this is the Premium Plus feature that finally makes it worth upgrading for.

they'r even talking about the Europeans going through a hard time, but forget that all landownerships for Europeans have a VAT added ... renting stays around 20 to25% cheaper. .. so it won't really smoothen the costs a lot.. or not at all.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

they'r even talking about the Europeans going through a hard time, but forget that all landownerships for Europeans have a VAT added ... renting stays around 20 to25% cheaper. .. so it won't really smoothen the costs a lot.. or not at all.

Yes, that part of the Lab Gab was strange.  Europeans were really disadvantaged already.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think it will make PP more popular.
A shame that money is getting tight in RL caused by the inflation and the fuel prices. So I have to pass for now. ☹️

Agreed. My gas/electric bill has risen more this year than the cost of setting up a homestead. Food and everything else has risen by as much and taken my financial comfort buffer away (and more). If it wasn't for that, I would probably have jumped at the chance.

Maybe when (hopefully) things settle back down I'll jump aboard. I would love a full region to play with, even just a homestead.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but when I saw the image that said "Homesteads for Premium Plus" I got my hopes up and was hoping for either a homestead or a reduced price on a homestead. The graphic is very misleading. 

1146815306_HomesteadsforPremiumPlus.thum

I would love to own a homestead outright but seriously? I already paid $250 USD for Premium Plus. Sure some of the perks are great but I'm sorry all in all they really aren't comparable to what you should be getting for that amount of money. Things are tight now for everyone. I've had to cut my spending in SL drastically because of it. So I definitely can't afford an additional $100 USD a month. This isn't even tempting and I honestly don't feel I'll ever use this "perk". Sorry if I come off sounding entitled but we do pay for this. A lot. 

• Like 2

People already joined PP without any promise of any additions.  Whining about not getting FREE homesteads now?  Did anyone honestly think LL was going to hand out free homesteads when they already increased the land allowance to 2048?    

People have been asking for homestead ownership without having to own a full region first for years.  Now, they have offered the option.  

• Like 8

For some that can afford this discount, but it's priced out of my range and I'm sure others feel the same.  For someone like me it's just not even possible. I had to scrimp to pay for PP alone.  So I feel a lot of people have the perk but can't really use it. 

Edit:

I'm not whining about owning a FREE homestead. I also said discounted. I think you're missing the point. In the Lab Gab Youtube video they said they wanted to help make owning a homestead more accessible because of the hard times everyone is having. It may help for some. But it really isn't a perk for all and it's definitely not more accessible.  Also, I DID join PP in hopes of additional perks. They said as much. So get off your high horse and look at this from others perspectives and not call us whiners for wanting value for our hard earned money. 

Edited by Nyxie Nebula
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nyxie Nebula said:

For some that can afford this discount but it's priced out of my range and I'm sure others feel the same.  For someone like me it's just not even possible. I had to scrimp to pay for PP alone.  So I feel a lot of people have the perk but can't really use it. 

And a lot will never use the free uploads or the land allowance or the extra groups.  I know I wouldn't need most of it so there was no need to upgrade.  

As with any service, you need to determine if the options are worth the price TO YOU.  I pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime because what they offer is worth it to me.  I've probably saved more in shipping over the years on Amazon than the membership cost.  Same with LL.  I've saved over the last 2 years owning a mainland parcel instead of renting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nyxie Nebula said:

they wanted to help make owning a homestead more accessible because of the hard times everyone is having.

They are making it more affordable by not tying it to owning a full region.  Of course, renting one is cheaper and still an option without having to go PP.  

• Like 4

On 11/4/2022 at 11:56 AM, Nyxie Nebula said:

I'm sorry, but when I saw the image that said "Homesteads for Premium Plus" I got my hopes up and was hoping for either a homestead or a reduced price on a homestead. The graphic is very misleading. 

1146815306_HomesteadsforPremiumPlus.thum

I would love to own a homestead outright but seriously? I already paid $250 USD for Premium Plus. Sure some of the perks are great but I'm sorry all in all they really aren't comparable to what you should be getting for that amount of money. Things are tight now for everyone. I've had to cut my spending in SL drastically because of it. So I definitely can't afford an additional $100 USD a month. This isn't even tempting and I honestly don't feel I'll ever use this "perk". Sorry if I come off sounding entitled but we do pay for this. A lot. 

Thank you for posting about it. I hope you feel better, now that you vented.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm considering this because I can afford it more now than before with everything going on. I plan on being more active here on SL for RP at least it will give me full rights on how to use a sim for RP reasons. Before with Renting I had issues with finding land that would be suitable for commercial reasons for a public RP. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.