When you are so passive aggressive that instead of deleting the person who has miffed you, you check your SL home page to see if they are online before logging in...and of course they always are, despite NEVER logging in when you were the one they said they wanted to spend time with.  So now you are waiting them out till you can log in and do the shopping you wanna do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

When you are so passive aggressive that instead of deleting the person who has miffed you, you check your SL home page to see if they are online before logging in...and of course they always are, despite NEVER logging in when you were the one they said they wanted to spend time with.  So now you are waiting them out till you can log in and do the shopping you wanna do.

.. my kinda people!!

IMG_9060.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

Eeek.

Why not just hide visibility from them, and do that shopping secure and satisfied in the knowledge that they have no idea?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Eeek.

Why not just hide visibility from them, and do that shopping secure and satisfied in the knowledge that they have no idea?

Or just jump on an alt and gift everything to your main.. hehehe

I have an alt  that has all the same shapes as my main and the bodies&Heads.. Sometimes ya just gotta alt it.. hehehe

• Thanks 2

Alts, visibility, waiting around - big ole nope.

Shopping wins out over all that. 

Don't go by me, though. I did blow off my closest friend's wedding for a shopping trip. In my defense, it was completely random, she barely knew the guy, I barely knew the guy, and I was in a store when the sudden TP and COME HERE I'm getting married!!! appeared. Girl I'm shopping! Have fun tho. Break a leg or however it goes.😂

Peeve: SL weddings. Ugh.

Anyhoo, as if anything is going to drag me away from shopping. Whole entire zombie apocalypse breaks out - hang on a second, Sir, I gotta log in and get some of those shoes on my buy list while there's still Internet. *snarls -  claws at window* I SAID HANG ON A SECOND.

And don't think I'm not stopping by Fifth Avenue when I finally make it out the door and into Manhattan. If that's going to be my last time in the city, well...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Don't go by me, though. I did blow off my closest friend's wedding for a shopping trip. In my defense, it was completely random, she barely knew the guy, I barely knew the guy, and I was in a store when the sudden TP and COME HERE I'm getting married!!! appeared. Girl I'm shopping! Have fun tho. Break a leg or however it goes.😂

LOL, It really couldn't have been all THAT serious if it was sudden. I must have spent two RL months planning my wedding with Caitlin. I made sure to create and send out invitations well ahead of time!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, It really couldn't have been all THAT serious if it was sudden. I must have spent two RL months planning my wedding with Caitlin. I made sure to create and send out invitations well ahead of time!!!

Lol, not at all. The only time I attended a super srs wedding, I didn't even know the couple. I was invited by a friend, and the entire thing turned out to be a disaster - the absolute laaaaaaaag. Pre-mesh, so flexi everywhere. It was a complete slideshow. Poor sim couldn't cope, LOL.

I'm not interested in those things at all, really. That tracks, considering you'd have to pay me a lot of money to get me to attend another one of those things in real life, too. I've been to exactly one. The food was fine, but I completely tuned the rest of it out.

Ridiculously over-the-top themed weddings sound potentially fun, but at that point, just save the money, elope, and go travel the world for a year or something.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Alts, visibility, waiting around - big ole nope.

Shopping wins out over all that. 

Anyhoo, as if anything is going to drag me away from shopping. Whole entire zombie apocalypse breaks out - hang on a second, Sir, I gotta log in and get some of those shoes on my buy list while there's still Internet. *snarls -  claws at window* I SAID HANG ON A SECOND.

And don't think I'm not stopping by Fifth Avenue when I finally make it out the door and into Manhattan. If that's going to be my last time in the city, well...

Ya, I don't care how much time they give me and I'm doing nothing at all..

I just can't do another SL wedding.. I went to so many of those things just in my first two years to last a life time..

Then like a month or two later, 98% they get divorced and then there is all that stuff that comes with that..

Weddings, divorce and being stuck in the middle of the two trying to find out what the other is doing or getting information probed...

I'd rather just go to the beach and do my inventory!! \o/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I don't care how much time they give me and I'm doing nothing at all..

I just can't do another SL wedding.. I went to so many of those things just in my first two years to last a life time..

Then like a month or two later, 98% they get divorced and then there is all that stuff that comes with that..

Weddings, divorce and being stuck in the middle of the two trying to find out what the other is doing or getting information probed...

I'd rather just go to the beach and do my inventory!! \o/

Lol, there was a wedding in Final Fantasy XIV that I got to witness once. It was in one of my larger Twitch communities, so we were all invited to watch it live and the couple asked the streamer to broadcast it for us all. I'm not sure if you've seen one of those, but FF weddings are an entire THING. The whole system is built into the game, so when you get your rings at the ceremony, they can later be used to teleport to one another and you get a quest for your couples chocobo and whatever.

ss04.png

LOL, it's super cute and the ceremony is very well done, but it's still like...come on now. Now, to be fair, I do believe that couple also got married in RL, so I can see the point there. In most cases, though...we know how it goes, especially in SL!!! I'd rather be shopping because you know it's not going to last. 😂

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Eeek.

Cos knowing my luck, they'd notice me doing that!!  And also I couldn't peeve about it then :)

14 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Or just jump on an alt and gift everything to your main.. hehehe

I have an alt  that has all the same shapes as my main and the bodies&Heads.. Sometimes ya just gotta alt it.. hehehe

My alts have my same shape, cept a little bigger cos Jordyn has the petite body and they don't - and different heads.  Also Jordyn controls the purse strings, so when I am in "alting hiding" and want money, I still have to log her in to get the moolah - unless I can MP shop for it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

Cos knowing my luck, they'd notice me doing that!!  And also I couldn't peeve about it then :)

My alts have my same shape, cept a little bigger cos Jordyn has the petite body and they don't - and different heads.  Also Jordyn controls the purse strings, so when I am in "alting hiding" and want money, I still have to log her in to get the moolah - unless I can MP shop for it.

You can hide coming online in your online profile, just long enough to send over the monies.. hehehe

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

Have you considered a reversal on the old, "You can run, but you can't hide"?  (I may have it backwards before editing.) Try running when you see them! They'll get the hint!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

15 hours ago, Modulated said:

Probably a repeat Peeve: People who get mad about reactions people leave on their posts. Like deal and move on, it's not the end of the world. lol

Humorous Peeve... when those same people make a point of IMing you inworld to tell you they've blocked you there as well?  And the point of that?   I have never once messaged anyone on the forums inworld to rant, rave or throw a temper tantrum.  And they call us childish?  🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/7/2024 at 3:33 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Eeek.

Unless they have you on an online tracker. 😬

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Humorous Peeve... when those same people make a point of IMing you inworld to tell you they've blocked you there as well?  And the point of that?   I have never once messaged anyone on the forums inworld to rant, rave or throw a temper tantrum.  And they call us childish?  🙄

Yeah that is going above and beyond and in the realm of bothered ..lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

When I take off clothing/bits/whatever, and the Reborn body leaves those parts alpha'd out, necessitating attaching the HUD to correct it. And it happens so often!

This used to happen to me a lot in the past with various mesh items fitted with Auto-Hide scripts for my Lara body. I think I've managed to weed out most of the culprits (I suspect they were using older scripts), and thankfully many creators now supply BOM alpha layers with their wares, plus I've got a library of alpha layers for those items that need some help on my body shape.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Because they think we'll die if they deny us love and attention.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTntIlkeLJiybxp1I6b5N3

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

When your sl crush poses for snapshots with everyone except you. 

Throws a security orb and jumps out the window. 

Dahling, you just needed to ask . . . 🙂

Oh. Wait. You didn't mean me?????

• Haha 2