1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I'm guessing no, mostly because of the section in the updated TOS that references games that feature custom gameplay and player-made content on the adult side (like mods and such) being a big ole no-no.

The content guidelines update was mostly to help out legitimate visual artists who were previously getting slapped - streamers who are actually doing fine art painting and drawing/sketching (and sculpting?) on the platform. Vtubers and more adult-content-focused artists are playing around and currently falling into "finding out" territory with that new rule, so I'd be totally shocked if SL got a pass. 

The list of banned games is absolutely worth a peeve, though. Some of those are fine and just general adult, but others...big yikes.

Edit: LOL I just noticed BMX XXX is on that list. That's an ooooold game (and a great one with a killer soundtrack). Hell, I had that on what...PS2 or whatever? Now I'm peeved.

Yeah, I think she misread this, and I followed suit. I don't think there's been a change in policy.

What's still there is a pretty mixed bag but . . . still, that's some pretty fine company we keep, eh?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I think she misread this, and I followed suit. I don't think there's been a change in policy.

What's still there is a pretty mixed bag but . . . still, that's some pretty fine company we keep, eh?

I have to admit - seeing SL in the list with riveting titles such as "What's Under Your Blanket?" had me in hysterics the first time I checked there.

But yeah, the "Rated M" games Twitch generally allows would be like Baldur's Gate 3, Alan Wake 2, GTA V, Resident Evil 7, Outlast, Cyberpunk 2077, etc. Stuff that's mostly M for violence but where you may encounter some nudity here and there that you can run into but quickly progress past or is included as a minor part of the story/gameplay. Any lower-rated games that are normally allowed but have player-modded adult content added in, like The Sims 4 with WickedWhims installed, nude mods for Minecraft (??? LOL), etc. would be a massive no.

Lingering around for hours in an in-game strip club in GTA V making dumb jokes/comments is definitely skirting the rules a bit and may or may not get a slap, depending - even if properly labeled, because that's a bit outside of the gameplay loop, to say the least. Adult RP between players on GTA V's roleplay servers is a whole NOPE, but non-adult GTA V roleplay server content is totally allowed. Stuff like that. Second Life is really difficult for the individual player to moderate, though. Even just relaxing in your home could turn into an "uh oh" situation if someone cam-sits onto your adult furniture. 👀

Peeve: The thing is, streamers already know these rules inside and out, but some love to push their luck creatively until Twitch has to take a stand one way or another and spell things out, and then they complain for days - ohhh, Twitch is turning so adult. Well...I mean, y'all were asking why you kept getting banned, so...now you know!

Second peeve: Kick is still worse. 👀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: The thing is, streamers already know these rules inside and out, but some love to push their luck creatively until Twitch has to take a stand one way or another and spell things out, and then they complain for days - ohhh, Twitch is turning so adult. Well...I mean, y'all were asking why you kept getting banned, so...now you know!

Yeah, this is after all the annoying thing: blanket bans or restrictions on entire platforms, rather than upon the content one is streaming. It's simplistic, and it's lazy.

• Like 1

I wish we had a true invisible-to-friends mode.

I'm genuinely being put off going in world due to how it always goes, I just want to play virtual barbie sometimes but it ends up with messages and people getting angry at me for just wanting to do my own thing.

You can't use the features in the friends list to go invisible due to it being a seriously offensive thing to do, you can't go 'unavailable' because while it hides messages it also makes it impossible to interact with scripts, you can't just ghost people because they start to think something is wrong.

I just find the social aspect of SL to be so draining sometimes! I know it's selfish but the more friends I make the worse my experience seems to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this is after all the annoying thing: blanket bans or restrictions on entire platforms, rather than upon the content one is streaming. It's simplistic, and it's lazy.

I think the new rules are kind of good - at least from what I've seen. Specifically, the part about properly-labeled uh oh content not being promoted on the homepage. Good change for those who need/want that protection. At this point, though, they might do better to just make a whole 18+ section, but that gets verrrry messy. Better off with an entirely separate site for it. Twitch After Dark or somethin'.

YouTube is a lot more strict, funny enough. Plenty of gamers have to censor game content entirely just to upload their VODs (recorded streams) to the platform and keep it monetized. Of all places. Freakin' YouTube!

7 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'm genuinely being put off going in world due to how it always goes, I just want to play virtual barbie sometimes but it ends up with messages and people getting angry at me for just wanting to do my own thing.

You can't use the features in the friends list to go invisible due to it being a seriously offensive thing to do, you can't go 'unavailable' because while it hides messages it also makes it impossible to interact with scripts, you can't just ghost people because they start to think something is wrong.

I just find the social aspect of SL to be so draining sometimes! I know it's selfish but the more friends I make the worse my experience seems to be.

This is where alts come in handy! Or just a casual wipe of the ole friends list. 👀 

JK, don't do that. I give terrible advice. 😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Those people are not friends.

It's maybe being unfair/me misreading it and it's maybe my own drifting moods, I fully admit I'm not the best friend for this reason. If I had the option I'd probably be invisible most of the time though.

4 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

It's maybe being unfair/me misreading it and it's maybe my own drifting moods, I fully admit I'm not the best friend for this reason. If I had the option I'd probably be invisible most of the time though.

I solved the problem of people getting upset/peeved/whiny if I'm not up for idle.chit chat or doing something, by not adding people.  Most of the people I talk to are people I've seen at the places I go.  If I see them, I message them.  We chat.  I leave.  No friend list required.  It's really the only way for me to enjoy SL.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Mine's never even charged. I think I'm on my...3rd or 4th phone number since buying this dumb thing because I have to keep reactivating it. Pay-as-you-go is a blessing and a curse and I always forget to add a plan before it gets dropped out of service entirely. 😂 Peeve, since I can never keep a number long enough to even memorize it, lol.

I'm just not a smartphone/app person whatsoever. I grew up with PCs and consoles, everyone I know uses PCs, all my communities are PC-based, I work remotely on PC. Phones are "well if there's a danger of car trouble, I'd love to be able to call for a tow" device. If I'm not traveling, off it stays.

I do auto-pay and I get $5 off my monthly charge for having auto-pay, your company may offer it too. 

5 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I think the new rules are kind of good - at least from what I've seen. Specifically, the part about properly-labeled uh oh content not being promoted on the homepage. Good change for those who need/want that protection. At this point, though, they might do better to just make a whole 18+ section, but that gets verrrry messy. Better off with an entirely separate site for it. Twitch After Dark or somethin'.

YouTube is a lot more strict, funny enough. Plenty of gamers have to censor game content entirely just to upload their VODs (recorded streams) to the platform and keep it monetized. Of all places. Freakin' YouTube!

This is where alts come in handy! Or just a casual wipe of the ole friends list. 👀 

JK, don't do that. I give terrible advice. 😄

Wow. Twitch is having a day, isn't it?

I need to work on my "artistic nudes" so that I can really piss off people!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Post them on DeviantArt, nudes, artistic or not, are popular there.

Oh, I post them on Flickr, when I do. At least the ones I'm sufficiently happy with.

Or here.

That's a sufficient audience for me, really.

16 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Really, who gives a flying fork about Twitch?

You are overlooking the entertainment value of it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Peeve: Dumb Sheets that put a 2 minute demo on an event item at an event that takes 1 minute for things to even rez..

Then not realizing that there is a timer on it, and thinking about buying the fatpacks for this outfit..

Then, the two minutes is up and leaves you neekid as a jay bird in a crowded event..

Closes purse and walks away pissed off never to return again..

Store added to note card of, never shop here again, list..

lol

It was a nice outfit too, but hell with that.. Try harder..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It also discriminates against those of us who do not, have never and never will participate in SLex. Or cybersex of any kind. I suppose it was inevitable since most can't seem to keep it in their pants, but I got fed up with being ostracized simply by association long ago.

Just because I am walking down the sidewalk behind you on the same side of the street doesn't mean I am stalking you when I don't even know you exist.

That's a peeve that really peeves me off.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Not having any inworld friends is the worst. Just ask me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

I do auto-pay and I get $5 off my monthly charge for having auto-pay, your company may offer it too. 

Oh I think mine does that, too. I'm just super cheap and would rather pay $15 once every 3 months just to keep the number active on the super rare chance I may need to grab a plan and use it once within that timeframe. I just tend to forget to keep it active. 😂 Peeeeeve!

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow. Twitch is having a day, isn't it?

I need to work on my "artistic nudes" so that I can really piss off people!

I haven't looked, but apparently the Art category is lit since the rules change. 🤣I actually only take a rare dip in that category when a dev I like is streaming some 2D/3D work on an upcoming game I'm waiting for or something, so I've been missing all of the creative and not at all traumatizing sketching I keep hearing so much about. 

Omg I'm dying - just looked out of curiosity and one of the first videos I see is Extreme Twerking ASMR (in the ART category LMAO). Ahhh, the platform's a mess at the moment (and accidental bans are still going out for those who are following the now-clarified rules). Big ole peeve.

I'll just be over here in my chill gaming and live music streams. *puts feet up*

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Really, who gives a flying fork about Twitch?

Post them on DeviantArt, nudes, artistic or not, are popular there.

Sure, if you want all the underaged DA kids ripping off your hard work and claiming it as their original. 

You may be one of the lucky ones that never had to deal with Spamming Sam and her insane ranting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Not having any inworld friends is the worst. Just ask me.

There are always new people in SL looking to make friends. You could respond to posts like this one or hang out at the Welcome Hub and offer to help newbies. You could also talk to people in group chats and make friends this way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh I think mine does that, too. I'm just super cheap and would rather pay $15 once every 3 months just to keep the number active on the super rare chance I may need to grab a plan and use it once within that timeframe. I just tend to forget to keep it active. 😂 Peeeeeve!

I haven't looked, but apparently the Art category is lit since the rules change. 🤣I actually only take a rare dip in that category when a dev I like is streaming some 2D/3D work on an upcoming game I'm waiting for or something, so I've been missing all of the creative and not at all traumatizing sketching I keep hearing so much about. 

Omg I'm dying - just looked out of curiosity and one of the first videos I see is Extreme Twerking ASMR (in the ART category LMAO). Ahhh, the platform's a mess at the moment (and accidental bans are still going out for those who are following the now-clarified rules). Big ole peeve.

I'll just be over here in my chill gaming and live music streams. *puts feet up*

Well, that didn't last long . . .

Show's over folks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1