So.... back to PEEVES.

My current peeve:  Seeing a pretty lingerie/undies set that I wanted to buy - was gonna buy the fatpack even -- but when I put the Demo on, it breaks on both sides of the breasts.......... and I do not have large breasts.

image.png.0007d4c5030c23fa26fd8013b79011f5.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

So.... back to PEEVES.

My current peeve:  Seeing a pretty lingerie/undies/set that I wanted to buy - was gonna buy the fatpack even -- but when I put the Demo on, it breaks on both sides of the breasts.......... and I do not have large breasts.

Thank goodness you tried the demo first before buying that.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Thank goodness you tried the demo first before buying that.

For this particular item, that isn't even where I expected possible problems.  If something is going to break through on me, it is usually the shoulders or the tummy.  I was really, really bummed on this one.  With enough searching I'll find it elsewhere, but I was going to be able to get the fatpack at a really good price because of the event.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So.... back to PEEVES.

My current peeve:  Seeing a pretty lingerie/undies set that I wanted to buy - was gonna buy the fatpack even -- but when I put the Demo on, it breaks on both sides of the breasts.......... and I do not have large breasts.

Was it fitted (rigged), or just general sizes? Sometimes the general sizes will do that. If fitted, it's not properly designed. And yes, good thing you tried the demo.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Was it fitted (rigged), or just general sizes? Sometimes the general sizes will do that. If fitted, it's not properly designed. And yes, good thing you tried the demo.

Rigged - for 4 bodies.  I even tried on the others, just in case something was labeled wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

So basically taking away a job.  I think I'd still prefer interacting with a real person.  I know I've probably dealt with chat bots on customer service calls.  If you don't ask the question in a specific way, they give you the wrong answer or "don't understand".  

Heck, we've had chat "simulation" programs since ELIZA, which used to be a built-in feature for some early UNIX editors.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELIZA

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ted McGregor said:

Peeve : the absolute redundancy of contributing to either this forum or anything inworld.

Some days sure do feel like that.

Tomorrow (today) is another day.

I love your photos - I think I have some to catch up with on the Welcome Hub thread. Hope I do. Your computer is brilliant. I popped in yesterday, fired myself out of one of the cannons (such fun) but most people just would not rez for me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So.... back to PEEVES.

I agree. I bought a smashing dress for Halloween yesterday, and it was absolutely lovely until I walked. A flexiprim would have hidden that nicely. *sighs*

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

So.... back to PEEVES.

Send the creator a notecard with this picture.  They may fix it.  I have a set of short nails that I love.  They aren't even something new.  I hadn't noticed at first but one tiny spot on one nail poked through.  I sent the creator a note and had a new set of nails the next day.  Can't hurt to ask.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: After yesterday's Forum excitement, feeling deflated.

I can haz teh drama?

Did I miss some new drama?

Peeve: Forum FOMO. 😆 

I think there is a kind of meta-game to be played in SL & on these forums, which gives a similar dopamine rush to playing a real game. It's hoping to say something clever that gets likes or positive comments, watching drama between other people and waiting for a meltdown or flounce from some of them, getting the first post about a new development such as new regions or an updated mesh head or body, or seeing a moderator respond to posts that we think are bad and then metaphorically wacking the fingers of someone who irritates us.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Did I miss some new drama?

Peeve: Forum FOMO. 😆 

I think there is a kind of meta-game to be played in SL & on these forums, which gives a similar dopamine rush to playing a real game. It's hoping to say something clever that gets likes or positive comments, watching drama between other people and waiting for a meltdown or flounce from some of them, getting the first post about a new development such as new regions or an updated mesh head or body, or seeing a moderator respond to posts that we think are bad and then metaphorically wacking the fingers of someone who irritates us.

FIRST!!1!!!

..I have no idea what you are takling abuot!

IMO, almost nothing that happens in or around this forum (and even inside Second Life) really counts as "drama" for me. Nothing that would make me reach for the popcorn, anyway. Even the place solely dedicated to it doesn't really satisfy the itch. Minor peeve, maybe. Sometimes.

I'm not opposed to kicking back and watching a good high-speed train wreck on occasion, but for *that*, I've gotta go elsewhere. SL, for me, is more of a chill zone but when I want to see some real mess, I'll run over to Livestream Fail. Now THAT is some wild drama.

sips-tea-stephen-a-smith.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

IMO, almost nothing that happens in or around this forum (and even inside Second Life) really counts as "drama" for me.

I'll run over to Livestream Fail. Now THAT is some wild drama.

this elephant thinks the forum is drama for the elderly

Edited by Belephannt
  • Haha 3