Pretty sure that someone mentioned this already, but I'm just now making my way through Uber and picking up the birthday gifts.

Whoever though up the idea of giving a landmark to the main store, where the gift can be retrieved, should be smacked.......... HARD

I will only bother going to the store for a creator that I am already familiar with & like their stuff, or a creator new to me, but I like whatever they are displaying at Uber -- and maybe not even then.

ETA:  And then there is the creators (multiple ones) that don't give an LM to the store, but instead pops up a map to go to the store ---- as if I'm going to pop over to the store right away, before I finish at Uber.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Was there an issue?  A browser thing?  Something we all might encounter?  Inquiring minds, etc.....

It's the width of the edit/reply box. Sometimes there is a column down the right side, as in this thread, so the edit options are truncated. If I expand the browser, they appear. Other times, there is no right side column and the edit option all appear. Somewhere in between, the options wrap onto the next line.

• Thanks 3

Peeve: Not getting my headphones I ordered for work, until I'm at work tomorrow..:(

I got the PHILIPS GO A6606 Open-Ear bone conduction ones..

I think I might have found a way to wear headphones and not be phobic of someone sneaking up to scare the daylights out of me.. hehehe

If they work well, I'm gonna get the better model with all the fancy things on it..

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I think I might have found a way to wear headphones and not be phobic of someone sneaking up to scare the daylights out of me.. hehehe

Please let us know how well they work; I have been interested in trying some like those.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So you change the color from the EEP? O.o

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Materials on it or such.  I applied their EEP and it looks to be pretty much be the same as "Annan Adored Optimal Skin" -- fairly bright and no shadows.   Why would I want to wander around SL like that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Not getting my headphones I ordered for work, until I'm at work tomorrow..:(

If they work well, I'm gonna get the better model with all the fancy things on it..

32 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Please let us know how well they work; I have been interested in trying some like those.

31 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm excited to get them and to be able to finally listen to music at work..

I'll let you know for sure:)

Aftershokz Aeropex owner here - Bone conduction is very useful indeed for listening to music or being on a call and still being able to hear your surroundings. it's not for everyone though as a few may find the sensation .. odd to say the least.

Aftershokz rebanded as Shokz and has several different lines of Open <insert second half of name here> headsets, the OpenRun/OpenRun Pro being the 'flagship' for more casual use. Skip the OpenFit.

A number of phone media player apps and EQs now ship with settings for their products as well. The DSP system I use as primary on my Linux PC (JamesDSP) also has settings for them.

Worth the money if they work for you.

ETA: My peeve? Got the Aeropex second hand and with slight frequency damages. Can't really afford to get the newer OpenRun or OpenRun Pro.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Aftershokz Aeropex owner here - Bone conduction is very useful indeed for listening to music or being on a call and still being able to hear your surroundings. it's not for everyone though as a few may find the sensation .. odd to say the least.

Aftershokz rebanded as Shokz and has several different lines of Open <insert second half of name here> headsets, the OpenRun/OpenRun Pro being the 'flagship' for more casual use. Skip the OpenFit.

A number of phone media player apps and EQs now ship with settings for their products as well. The DSP system I use as primary on my Linux PC (JamesDSP) also has settings for them.

ETA: My peeve? Got the Aeropex second hand and with slight frequency damages. Can't really afford to get the newer OpenRun or OpenRun Pro.

Related peeve: Got my first "professional" music monitor earphones, and the smallest set is still too small for my ear canal to fit comfortably. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I was looking at the shoks that you can swim with plus something about them having storage for music too..

I figured I would get the ones I did for now to test them out.. They weren't too bad of a price at around 100.00 usd..

If they are good enough I'll just stay with them, But if I feel the storage would be nice, I may go that way as well..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was looking at the shoks that you can swim with plus something about them having storage for music too..

I figured I would get the ones I did for now to test them out.. They weren't too bad of a price at around 100.00 usd..

If they are good enough I'll just stay with them, But if I feel the storage would be nice, I may go that way as well..

Ah yeah - they could have changed it since I last looked at them but those ones made for swimming actually *use* the stored music as opposed to a BT connection.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Related peeve: Got my first "professional" music monitor earphones, and the smallest set is still too small for my ear canal to fit comfortably. 

I don't do well with things in my ear.. I used to have to wear the ones that covered my ears before I stopped wearing headphones at all..

• Like 3

Ah yeah - they could have changed it since I last looked at them but those ones made for swimming actually *use* the stored music as opposed to a BT connection.

Ya, I think because BT loses connection  once you go under the water I guess.. I was seeing a few comments about that happening to people that had the BT ones..

A lot is gonna depend on which is more convenient.. I really don't have my phone on me all the time and it could be a pain having to rely  on having it with me the whole time..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I don't do well with things in my ear.. I used to have to wear the ones that covered my ears before I stopped wearing headphones at all..

Yeah, me too but unfortunately you "kind of" need this style for music stuffs. Also great for mowing the lawn lol.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm guessing it has something to do with the Materials on it or such.  I applied their EEP and it looks to be pretty much be the same as "Annan Adored Optimal Skin" -- fairly bright and no shadows.   Why would I want to wander around SL like that?

The shorts sound like the certain paints that people put on their cars that change the color of the car depending on where you are standing..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, I think because BT loses connection  once you go under the water I guess.. I was seeing a few comments about that happening to people that had the BT ones..

A lot is gonna depend on which is more convenient.. I really don't have my phone on me all the time and it could be a pain having to rely  on having it with me the whole time..

Well if not having your phone with you is gonna be a factor then yeah, the ones for swimming would be better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The shorts sound like the certain paints that people put on their cars that change the color of the car depending on where you are standing..

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

If they do change color based on reflected light, that's pretty cool.

I cycled through a bunch of windlights and EEP, but there were no color changes that I could see.  Just brighter or duller, depending on the lighting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Pretty sure that someone mentioned this already, but I'm just now making my way through Uber and picking up the birthday gifts.

Whoever though up the idea of giving a landmark to the main store, where the gift can be retrieved, should be smacked.......... HARD

I will only bother going to the store for a creator that I am already familiar with & like their stuff, or a creator new to me, but I like whatever they are displaying at Uber -- and maybe not even then.

ETA:  And then there is the creators (multiple ones) that don't give an LM to the store, but instead pops up a map to go to the store ---- as if I'm going to pop over to the store right away, before I finish at Uber.

Teleporting in and out adds to server lag and wastes time.

This was my solution to this problem. I created 2 folders - "Uber gifts 2023" and "Uber LMs".  Periodically while I'm going through the event, I use my Recent tab to put actual gift boxes into the first folder and LMs into the second folder. If they just give a map, I ignore that.  

Once I've gone through the event, I teleport home and start looking through the gifts, making mental notes of what my alts might like. Then I teleport to the stores I might like to look for their gifts, and meanwhile send a copy of this whole LM folder to any of my alts that might want it.

The first avatar through an event is sometimes the one who might be most interested in what's likely to be there, or it might be Persephone, because she's the only Premium account and can thus get in faster. The first avatar through scouts out what the others might like, so each successive trip through takes less time.

Most packages sit unopened in the event folder for weeks, months or years, of course.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Teleporting in and out adds to server lag and wastes time.

This was my solution to this problem. I created 2 folders - "Uber gifts 2023" and "Uber LMs".  Periodically while I'm going through the event, I use my Recent tab to put actual gift boxes into the first folder and LMs into the second folder. If they just give a map, I ignore that.  

Once I've gone through the event, I teleport home and start looking through the gifts, making mental notes of what my alts might like. Then I teleport to the stores I might like to look for their gifts, and meanwhile send a copy of this whole LM folder to any of my alts that might want it.

The first avatar through an event is sometimes the one who might be most interested in what's likely to be there, or it might be Persephone, because she's the only Premium account and can thus get in faster. The first avatar through scouts out what the others might like, so each successive trip through takes less time.

Most packages sit unopened in the event folder for weeks, months or years, of course.

I did make a notecard with the SLURLs for the ones that popped up the map.  There was also one that had you TP to the Demo area.  I like that gift, but still trying to decide if it is worth the LI.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

My husband uses a bone conduction headset for work. He said they work well but he's not really impressed.

Best thing to do is go to someplace like Best Buy where you can try before you buy. You can still order from Amazon. The point is to get an idea of if they will work for you without having to spend money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1