Peeve - SL being SL.

Put on a head I've never worn before because I forgot I even had it. Looks gorgeous! Tinker with the eyebrows in the HUD - hmmm, why aren't they showing...? Play with blends and resize. Nada. No biggie, I've got BOM brows anyway.

Move over to the eyeshadow tab to tinker with the eyeliner and shadow. Why are they plastered all over my face, tho?! Am I in Evo X mode? Yes...yes I am. Hmm. No biggie, I've got BOM makeup anyway. But...

TP over to the store to grab a head redelivery. Unpack. Oh damn, no wonder it's all broken. There's a shiny new HUD? How did I not even know that...

TP home. House doesn't rez. I'm standing in water with furniture hovering all around me. Oh god, don't tell me I accidentally deleted my house (again) in all that fiddling...

TP out, TP back. Still gone. Oh no.

Log out, log in on my alt. House rezzes. Well, that's good at least.

Log back in Aya. Everything's all good. For NOW... 

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, here's something I didn't know, and one reason to actually visit the Motown Welcome Hub: there's a new art gallery there!

Which I hope will be rotating exhibitions. In any case, full points to LL for highlighting at a welcome area art within SL!

(Sorry, this isn't a peeve, is it? Ok. Um. I'm peeved I wasn't asked! There.)

https://modemworld.me/2023/09/02/discovering-art-at-motown-in-second-life/

"None of the pieces presented is available for sale..."

Peeve.

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Oh hell no

Agree. Hard peeve.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Sorry, disagree. They have the right to ASK. Otherwise there is no purpose to the SIM. Assuming of of course it is a SIM dedicated to sex.

Just going to an Adult rated sex sim does not imply anything whatsoever.  I've hung out it them for years.  While there is the occasional azzhat who thinks just by being there, you're up for anything but in general, no one assumes that.  That's right up there with assuming consent if I'm wearing something that shows more skin.  I MUST want people to hit on me, grab/slap my azz.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

It's the "implied consent" thing that is problematic, Sandor, not the "asking."

Some places post it publicly, that by being here, it is "implied consent", and that a person should leave if they aren't comfortable with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Just going to an Adult rated sex sim does not imply anything whatsoever.  I've hung out it them for years.  While there is the occasional azzhat who thinks just by being there, you're up for anything but in general, no one assumes that.  That's right up there with assuming consent if I'm wearing something that shows more skin.  I MUST want people to hit on me, grab/slap my azz.  

I'm not referring to being in an "A" rated land, but SIMS such as forced sex sims. Where that is the only purpose of the SIM.

6 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Some places post it publicly, that by being here, it is "implied consent", and that a person should leave if they aren't comfortable with that.

I don't care what they "post," Sandor -- consent needs to be explicitly given, not assumed or "implied."

Simple test: do you believe that your partner in a scene or sex session has the right to withdraw consent at any point, even if they are in a place that claims "implied consent"?

If you DO believe that -- and I sure as hell hope you do -- you've conceded that consent isn't "implied": it's granted, and can be withdrawn at any time in any context for any reason.

The mere fact of being in a particular place, even if it's naked in someone's bed, has zero to do with it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't care what they "post," Sandor -- consent needs to be explicitly given, not assumed or "implied."

Simple test: do you believe that your partner in a scene or sex session has the right to withdraw consent at any point, even if they are in a place that claims "implied consent"?

If you DO believe that -- and I sure as hell hope you do -- you've conceded that consent isn't "implied": it's granted, and can be withdrawn at any time in any context for any reason.

We are getting into semantics again. Obviously I agree with you. The pont I'm making, is that in a forced sex sim, the person entering has given consent to being forced, because they WANT to be forced. 

2 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

We are getting into semantics again. Obviously I agree with you. The pont I'm making, is that in a forced sex sim, the person entering has given consent to being forced, because they WANT to be forced. 

NO. THEY. HAVEN'T.

That is exactly the same as saying that someone who is naked in your bed has implicitly given consent to sex. THEY HAVE NOT, and they can withdraw it any time even if they have.

This isn't about "semantics," Sandor, it's about the mechanisms of being a decent human being.

I don't care if it "ruins the moment" -- ASK.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Um, Cinny, where did I call your behaviour disgusting, or insinuate that you are a creep for hanging out in "G" regions? I quote myself: " I'm disgusted at the behaviour of some of the people in the G regions". You are NOT, and I repeat, NOT included in that!!!

You spend a lot of time with Caitlin and me. You are very well aware that when we are in a sex sim, you give implied consent to for every passing person to ask for help with their sexual fantasy. They ARE entitled to ask. That IS the purpose of the SIM. If they get bent out of shape if you refuse, that's their problem not yours. 

• Like 1

This is one of those conversations that is about to spin out of control, and doesn't in any case belong in this thread, so I'm going to exit gracefully.

But even BDSM is built upon a bedrock of mutual consent, and a negotiation about limits and boundaries. You can't have a "power exchange" if there isn't some mutually agreed upon understanding of what that entails -- and one size does not fit all.

That's not something I'm making up; it's explicit in any well-informed discussion of consent by any responsible BDSM organization you might care to name.

"The example above is implied consent, and here's why it doesn't quite work within kink and BDSM: The entire kinkverse rests on the shoulders of express, and, in the best of cases, enthusiastic and completely informed consent from our partners."

https://kynk101.com/kink-bdsm-facts/consent

The fact that there are so many "kinksters" in SL who have never bothered to research what actual BDSM and D/s involves is one of the reasons "kink" in SL has such a bad name: it's full of people who don't actually understand it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...Ohio weather.  It's been a pleasant week with temperatures in the low to mid 70s.  Sunny.   Perfect for late August in my opinion.  Starting today, back up to upper 80s to 90+ for a week.   Make up your dang mind!

Tell me about it! I have to walk to most places - including a doctor's appointment on the 5th! *grumbles*

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...Ohio weather.  It's been a pleasant week with temperatures in the low to mid 70s.  Sunny.   Perfect for late August in my opinion.  Starting today, back up to upper 80s to 90+ for a week.   Make up your dang mind!

Ya, those hurricanes I think is why things cooled off so much.. If we can just get out of the upper 90's for the rest of the year, That would be so great..

We would hit 80 at around 4pm for like an hour last week, which would be the peak for the day each day..

The week before, we were in the mid 90's and humid by noon..  You know it's bad when  you can feel the warm dampness in the air when it's still dark out..

Bring on the Fall!! \o/ I'm so ready for it..

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Tell me about it! I have to walk to most places - including a doctor's appointment on the 5th! *grumbles*

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Ya, those hurricanes I think is why things cooled off so much.. If we can just get out of the upper 90's for the rest of the year, That would be so great..

We would hit 80 at around 4pm for like an hour last week, which would be the peak for the day each day..

The week before, we were in the mid 90's and humid by noon..  You know it's bad when  you can feel the warm dampness in the air when it's still dark out..

Bring on the Fall!! \o/ I'm so ready for it..

I won't be leaving the house until...next Saturday.  😁

• Like 5

Ack. Astarion (Heisenberg for you Resident Evil fans), aka Neil Newbon, is doing live autograph signings on Twitch right now and I cannot belieeeve I did not know this was a THING! Peeve peeve peeve, peevie peeve peeve.

Not just him, but like - you can get them for tons of voice actors for games, TV shows, anime, etc. You can buy an art print or item to be signed on this merch website and choose what you want them to write and there's a schedule of when they'll next be live doing the autographs (or if they do it via video) and you can watch them sign your stuff and then it gets shipped and aaaahhhh. *wheeze*

Peeve: I am NOT a fangirl, so...why am I even fangirling right now?!

OMG THEY HAVE MONOKUMA.

fOE.gif

I did not need this knowledge in my life right now. 😭

• Haha 4