3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Is that like "dinky-stalking"?

It could be, but I really was meaning brief when I said mini (oh that sounds even worse, stalking briefs!). I have a few people and websites and Youtube channels that I regularly like to follow, mainly outside of SL. 

Peeve: That I never met my ex-husband's third wife before he did. I am sure we would have been great friends. :D

Oddly - or not - though, since I started paying for an all-you-can-read subscription offer a couple of years ago, I'm more into that than the "stalking" thing, even won a couple of minor competitions, little bits of cash and some smellies, so feel it's a bit more rewarding than just the people watching, but the people watching from the computer was just another of my coping mechanisms from when I started being my brother's carer and was a bit tethered to base from 2003. 

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: It's not even September, and I saw Halloween candy at the store today.

(Mariah Carey is just around the corner!)

Aye, the main supermarkets in my town already have the Chrismas tins of chocolates in store, which of course will be bought now, eaten next week, and have to be rebought in time for Christmas! Marketing bods, eh? They know their stuff.

• Like 2

Just now, Marigold Devin said:

Aye, the main supermarkets in my town already have the Chrismas tins of chocolates in store, which of course will be bought now, eaten next week, and have to be rebought in time for Christmas! Marketing bods, eh? They know their stuff.

Oh, but it's essential to test things before the day, sometimes more than once, just to be sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

It just really means a person was the flavour for that day, or used a lot of alts to boost their score. It's just a bit of fun really. 

I'm not a flavor!  I'm the whole meal!

Vote for me, and I promise no new taxes, I'll clean up our streets, I'll unleash the kraken upon your foes, I'll keep these forums safe, and ensure you have early access to the mobile viewer.  I'll bring back all of your favorite posters, and much much more!

Istelathis for 2023

/me adjusts SL pin on shirt

Now I have to make adverts against my opponents, just imagine some spooky music with their profile pics in the background..  Would you want to trust that person?  No, they want to ban you from their parcel, they want to raise your SL taxes, and remove your ability to block!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm a bit peeved about my diet.  I'm not very good at them generally but thought I was heading in the right direction when I somehow started intermittent fasting.  The version I'm on has me cramming all my food intake into about 8 hours.  The trouble today is that I wasn't very hungry during that time and so now I am.  I wonder if my body will allow a piece of cheese to go down without comment?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Does this mean 'what sort of flavour am I'?

It's a quote in "lolspeak", which also had some memes associated. The easiest way to imagine it, is that perhaps a cat may think it while licking its fur. More a declaration of "realization that one has a flavor".

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/13995-lolcats

IMG_2116.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

As Sherlock Holmes remarks to Dr Watson in A Scandal in Bohemia

Well, YOU might have known who they were, and what ancient history they were involved in, and been able to trawl up log dead threads, all I had to go on was their profile, including a group that mentions a 'boycot' connected with SL not being 'free', and an apparent total lack of activity after 2007.

One goes with the evidence to hand, and Sherlock is fictional, remember?

Congratulations, having more evidence you can now feel smug about knowing somebody most current SecondLifers have never heard of, and probably don't care about after 12 years.

/me shrugs.

It's like that fake university griefers club, and their arch enemies the vigillante griefers club, who all got punted out of SL, and then tried stirring up an SL media storm for the 10th anniversary of punting, to point out how important they were, and most people just shrugged, as they had never heard of them and cared even less.

Edited by Quartz Mole
removed personal attack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ted McGregor said:

Not peeved or vexed, not playing mind-games either, but do you remember what happened to one of the greatest contributors of this forum, named Void Singer ?

The name sounds vaguely familiar, but no, not really. That incident was before my time here.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm a bit peeved about my diet.  I'm not very good at them generally but thought I was heading in the right direction when I somehow started intermittent fasting.  The version I'm on has me cramming all my food intake into about 8 hours.  The trouble today is that I wasn't very hungry during that time and so now I am.  I wonder if my body will allow a piece of cheese to go down without comment?

Pokes the little devil awake that sits on your left shoulder. "Eat the cheese, eat the cheese"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Here's an idea. Seasonal chocolate tins for each of the 4 seasons. Why should Christmas be the only time for indulging?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Well, YOU might have known who they were, and what ancient history they were involved in, and been able to trawl up log dead threads, all I had to go on was their profile, including a group that mentions a 'boycot' connected with SL not being 'free', and an apparent total lack of activity after 2007.

One goes with the evidence to hand, and Sherlock is fictional, remember?

Congratulations, having more evidence you can now feel smug about knowing somebody most current SecondLifers have never heard of, and probably don't care about after 12 years.

/me shrugs.

It's like that fake university griefers club, and their arch enemies the vigillante griefers club, who all got punted out of SL, and then tried stirring up an SL media storm for the 10th anniversary of punting, to point out how important they were, and most people just shrugged, as they had never heard of them and cared even less.

Some old fossil wrote :

"Obviously we all remember NeverHeardOfThem 'nickname' IrrelevantToday, from a few decades back, the most important person ever!"

Most people around today wrote 

"Who? NVM"

Nope.  I simply used Google, clicked on the first hit, and scrolled down the thread a bit to find the two links I posted.

Easy-peasy.

b70ec19e543516fa31e588303638aac8.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Nope.  I simply used Google, clicked on the first hit, and scrolled down the thread a bit to find the two links I posted.

Easy-peasy.

So, you had no idea who "the most important secondlifer ever" was either, thanks for reinforcing my point.

I just checked their profile, as I really wasn't interested enough in some obscure exile, to waste time googling for them, just as II didn't bother googling for some "style guru/model agency ceo" who posted a few years back to "announce the good news that they had returned to SL after x years" as if any of us cared.

As for the posts you linked to, that just proved that my assessment of "cruising for a bruising" was bang on the money.

Edited by Quartz Mole
edited post to remove flaming.

4 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

This is correct. I don't own an Xbox. The "Xbox app" is simply launched via Windows and all games can be installed to and played from your PC hard drive. The catalog has over 100 games in it, so it's been worth it for me.

And speaking of peeves, I'm peeved Nintendo doesn't have a similar service for the Switch! There are so many Nintendo games I WISH I could play on the PC.

I'm still not paying a monthly subscription fee for something I've already said I can't afford.

Peeve: People who don't listen when I say "I can't afford" for the billionth time. 

That does not include you, Ayashe.

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So, you had no idea who "the most important secondlifer ever" was either, thanks for reinforcing my point about 

Some old fossil wrote :

"Obviously we all remember NeverHeardOfThem 'nickname' IrrelevantToday, from a few decades back, the most important person ever!"

"Who? NVM"

I just checked their profile, as I really wasn't interested enough in some obscure exile, to waste time googling for them, just as II didn't bother googling for some "style guru/model agency ceo" who posted a few years back to "announce the good news that they had returned to SL after x years" as if any of us cared.

As for the posts you linked to, that just proved that my assessment of "cruising for a bruising" was bang on the money.

No, I remember Void very well, and very fondly.  She was hugely helpful and patient when I was starting to learn how to script, as she was with many others.   

I think it would be fair to say that, at the time, she was one of the few SL scripters who really understood how to use quaternion rotations (which you need not just to open and close doors by script but to rez, position and move stuff, too), was ready to share her expertise with others, and was able to explain it all in terms that non-mathmaticians (like me) could understand.   

My  point was simply that, had you been at all interested in finding out what Void's open letter was all about, it would have taken you no more than a couple of minutes with Google.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

Is there a web site for some of these shenanigans in detail, some blog maybe? I've been here barely 2.5 years, yet I feel old already reading some of these insights lol but I want to know more... I'm approaching level 48 IRL this October.

Your best bet would be to start here:

https://secondlife.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innula Zenovka said:

My  point was simply that, had you been at all interested in finding out what Void's open letter was all about, it would have taken you no more than a couple of minutes with Google.

My point is, that whatever it was, and whoever they were, it was all over more than 12 years ago, and means almost nothing to most people here today.

A self exiled fashion guru returns, announces their return as glorious news and... Nobody gave a damn.

An obscure railroad fanatic returned after a decade away... And was surprised that people didn't thank him for building a full bright prim crap railway that didn't work, and was left unfinished for over two years.

There is this weird thing in SL where people are obsessed with ancient exiles, that only they even remember.

24 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So, you had no idea who "the most important secondlifer ever" was either, thanks for reinforcing my point about 

Some old fossil wrote :

"Who? NVM"

There are still quite a few of us left that know who Void Singer was/is. I'm one. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

At one point, some forumites (they were anonymous, but I'm pretty sure I know who they were) created a blog modeled after a grocery store scandal rag. It was occasionally amusing, but mostly pretty abusive, with particular forumites targeted. They weren't especially unkind to me, but they DID post a fair bit about my personal life in SL, and my relationship with my then-bf (who was also a forum poster, and whom they hated). I didn't much appreciate that aspect of it. I think it's still out there somewhere in the ether.

And no, I'm not going to link to it. It was garbage. 😕

I think one could ask @Prokofy Neva about it, if they want more details.

• Like 1