8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

To clarify the Peeve regarding "SecondLifetime Badges" - it's another "divider". 

I think it would be smarter if only the user could see their own "SecondLifetime" Badge.

That badge would say to me:  "I'm special, but don't necessarily have money, since I paid my forever fees."

I still can't get passed  the numbers of being like 7 1/2 years before it becomes a benefit.. hehehe

I figure, let them have a tag, because they sure paid for it.. hehehe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You are correct.

Hmm - I wonder what is different about my friend.  

Or was there another level of folks that got the 4096 sqm for life besides "charter" members?  My friend has the 4096 for life, but his profile says nothing about charter.

He's in a diff timezone and not logged on in a while, but I'll send him a message about it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or was there another level of folks that got the 4096 sqm for life besides "charter" members?  My friend has the 4096 for life, but his profile says nothing about charter.

He's in a diff timezone and not logged on in a while, but I'll send him a message about it.

IIRC, the one time I saw it on a profile, it was where Payment Info Used was located.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It used to be on the legacy profiles, in the account box (where PIOF shows) on the 2nd Life tab. LL may have changed it. I kind of have a vague memory of LL removing it but I can't be sure. I know it was there in the past.

4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

IIRC, the one time I saw it on a profile, it was where Payment Info Used was located.

11 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It used to be on the legacy profiles, in the account box (where PIOF shows) on the 2nd Life tab. LL may have changed it. I kind of have a vague memory of LL removing it but I can't be sure. I know it was there in the past.

Via Firestorm, his profile just shows Payment Info Used.   Hmm - maybe only shown in the SL viewer?  I'll have to log in with that one and check.  And yeah, it is also totally possible that it used to be there and isn't any longer.

On 7/11/2023 at 2:42 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Just saw in the latest Official Viewer release, that "SecondLifetime Badges" have been added to profiles.

If LL had announced that before starting the promotional offering, they could have easily slammed 500 USD on the prices of the lifetime offerings and still would have sold them with ease.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Via Firestorm, his profile just shows Payment Info Used.   Hmm - maybe only shown in the SL viewer?  I'll have to log in with that one and check.  And yeah, it is also totally possible that it used to be there and isn't any longer.

It was on FS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

"Working" in Second Life. Hilarious.

Second Life is for recreation not for work. Didn't you get the memo? 😁

If nobody worked in SL your inventory would be pretty much empty and SL as well.
People make things: Scripts, buildings, clothing, furniture, animations. And yes, a lot is made partly on third party programs these days, but testing, boxing, shipping, make it event ready, maintain the inworld presence,and, and, and ........ it all happens in world. And there is nothing wrong with calling that working.
I work in SL too, even if it is only a hobby.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

Big Peeve: Discussing a sociological topic is seemingly sexist these days, if you don't think exactly along their lines.
I've never been so insulted in my life.

Peeve: Reminds me of when I recently "implied a friend was a Racist" on Facebook for something they posted.  To them, by "implying", it was "the same thing as calling them Racist". They called me out on it and I was unable to articulate "exactly why" their post made them look racist.  But, they did not want to know.. 

So in my case, the "real Peeve" is when 1) you cannot take words back, and 2) the other person does not really want to discuss what you meant. I basically lost a friend - a coworker of 25 years.  "Thank goodness" that job is ending soon. Awkward..

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I see you rolling your eyes, Missy! My first "ironic thought" was, "we can insult you more, if you like"!

Yes, but I defy you to find a place where I "insulted" anyone.

I questioned a particular idea that was articulated.

The silliness is being unable to engage in an actual conversation about ideas without taking disagreement as a personal attack.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But, they did not want to know.

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

the other person does not really want to discuss what you meant

Just quoting for truth.

I love how you literally read between the lines!! 

Here's the details of my story for context.

I was posting on FB about how some US state lawmakers were literally kicked out / removed from their positions because they protested over being denied a voice. My friend posted in response, "they protested with bullhorns, interrupting..".  (As if that made it OK.)

Peeve:  Protesting does not justify being ostracized.  This also applies to Second Life and the Forums!

* pats self on the back *

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I questioned a particular idea that was articulated.

The silliness is being unable to engage in an actual conversation about ideas without taking disagreement as a personal attack.

Peeve: While sad we cannot always all "get along", I am sooo happy with how well you interpreted my earlier post! It's hard to be an active member of the Forums sometimes. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
Along
  • Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I was posting on FB about how some US state lawmakers were literally kicked out / removed from their positions because they protested over being denied a voice.

Yes, I know the news story. There is a somewhat similar case of a trans woman state representative being, first, "not recognized" by the speaker of the house, and then actually refused entry -- because she had opposed an anti-trans bill.

We need discussion. People should be able to articulate their views -- even offensive ones. And they should be compelled to defend those views if challenged. That's how change occurs: through engagement and interaction and discussion. Not silencing.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"On the other hand, I have no intention of letting outright sexism go unchallenged. And I don't care if it is from Sid: my objections are not to him, but to the content of his posts".

And all because I pointed out that there is a difference in approach to compliments between females and males, which is learned behavior during childhood.

Sigh.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1