33 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm afraid to ask how the bodies got onto your property in the first place.

Don't look at me, I'm not the one playing musical corpses. It's not like you live in a New Orleans cemetery... or do you?

🤭

Nope, just apparently somewhere that sort of No Trespassing sign is...necessary 😇

• Like 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Uh-oh. This is why shippers are so cautious about handling LI batteries.  Scary. So your machine is toast?

Regrettably I don't have the option of replacing it due to someone making economics "great again," and so it's taped together with gaffer tape, although one of the screen hinges detached so the whole thing is just sort of non-mobile. Random system "power change" events seem to intermittently crash the wifi adapter. Hopefully the batteries won't spontaneously combust. On the bright side, I still have a desktop PC that was first integrated in in 2012 with a serviceable GPU in it!

• Like 2

Peeve: Made myself search for the right connectors (mic and guitar/other instrument) to test a new module. Realized I probably had what I needed in the carefully curated pile of connectors. (Unneeded Amazon order of probably-wrong-stuff will be added to the carefully curated pile.)

<Peeve>

Mic XLR male => Cable XLR female-1/4" plug => Converter 1/4" female-3.5mm male plug => to module input

Guitar cable 1/4" plug => Converter 1/4" female-3.5mm male plug => to module input

BUT - to test something besides guitar that has stereo 3.5mm plug, need to 3.5mm MONO connector / converter (so as not to damage the module).

</Peeve> 

"Getting started" is fun!

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

A supermarket in my city once had this sign up, I had to capture that moment of course:

20110114_002.thumb.jpg.a30a328414089b4d089cf0748cd8bc72.jpg

Here, at many markets they put special "brakes" on one wheel of the carts. If the cart is taken over an electric line buried in the parking lot, the "brake" clamps down so the cart is difficult to move after that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Here, at many markets they put special "brakes" on one wheel of the carts. If the cart is taken over an electric line buried in the parking lot, the "brake" clamps down so the cart is difficult to move after that. 

That wouldn't work here, students would just carry it off.

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve. Maybe.

Guy on Twitter who opines that getting working mirrors in SL is a "girl thing," and asks men to weigh in on whether they care.

He might be joking? Or not.

Girls did all of Einstein's math and got us to the moon. He might be right. Just accidentally and for the wrong reasons. It might take a girl to figure out the whole SL mirror thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Theory: Someone who KNOWS they are put together right doesn't need a mirror...?

And in Second Life you would not need one anyway, since we peep on avatars through this monitor thingy.

"When I was a cub, our avatars didn't have mirrors! We didn't know that our hair and shoes were up our butts, people had to tell us!"

• Haha 2