My Peeve of the Day:

Enormous HUDs that take up a huge portion of your screen real estate.

Dear creators: When we are getting dressed, we often wind up with many HUDs on our screen. We (or at least, I) want to keep these HUDs open until we've completely assembled our outfit. When that's done and the outfit is saved, most of the HUDs can be detached.

But the final stages of assembling said outfit can become like shoving your way through an Amazonian rainforest, trying to see past all the HUDs to adjust something on your avatar.

MAKE THEM SMALL! AND INCLUDE A BUTTON TO MINIMIZE THEM! (I recently found a hair HUD that could be re-sized, and I am in love with the person who created that and will send them all my $L.)

An example: Putting together a new Outfit, I have...

• Maitreya body HUD
  • Lelutka head HUD (two, if I'm wearing Genus)
  • Maitreya add-ons HUD
  • HUD for the clothes (might be several, for Top, Pants or Skirt, Belt)
  • Shoe HUD
  • Hair HUD (again, some brands need two or more)
  • Eyeshadow HUD
  • Lipstick HUD
  • Manicure HUD (might be additional HUDs for the hands themselves, if I'm wearing third party hands)
  • Jewelry HUD

Only the first two will stay on after the Outfit is complete, but during the setup and save, they are all there. And all of them are IN THE WAY.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My Peeve of the Day:

Dear creators: When we are getting dressed, we often wind up with many HUDs on our screen. We (or at least, I) want to keep these HUDs open until we've completely assembled our outfit. When that's done and the outfit is saved, most of the HUDs can be detached.

But the final stages of assembling said outfit can become like shoving your way through an Amazonian rainforest, trying to see past all the HUDs to adjust something on your avatar.

MAKE THEM SMALL! AND INCLUDE A BUTTON TO MINIMIZE THEM! (I recently found a hair HUD that could be re-sized, and I am in love with the person who created that and will send them all my $L.)

• Maitreya body HUD
  • Maitreya add-ons HUD
  • Shoe HUD
  • Eyeshadow HUD
  • Lipstick HUD
  • Manicure HUD (might be additional HUDs for the hands themselves, if I'm wearing third party hands)
  • Jewelry HUD

Only the first two will stay on after the Outfit is complete, but during the setup and save, they are all there. And all of them are IN THE WAY.

So much, This!!

Not counting inventory windows.. I have at least two of those open just for shuffling things around while trying things on..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

They have those now...

67b04ef8ad97d0cdf16f4bd1423878b4.png

I don't find them sexy...but that's just me.

I think less would be more with the squishy things..

It's like they are trying too hard to show the squish and lose a lot of natural feel to them. There comes a point where the squish looks like someone trying to wear something way too small for them.. Like trying to squeeze into  those high school jeans, when you just know it's gonna take some grease.. hehehe

With some skins the juicy bewbies look good from the front..

From the side, it looks like there should be a gag ball in the middle of the top. They just look like someone has a rope in the middle of them with their foot on your back pulling back hard..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My Peeve of the Day:

• Maitreya body HUD
  • Maitreya add-ons HUD
  • Shoe HUD
  • Eyeshadow HUD
  • Lipstick HUD
  • Jewelry HUD

HUDs are the new Pop-up window Spam!

ads.jpg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There comes a point where the squish looks like someone trying to wear something way too small for them.. Like trying to squeeze into  those high school jeans, when you just know it's gonna take some grease.. hehehe

Less realistic even than Manga or Anime bewbies. That says a lot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

HUDs are the new Pop-up window Spam!

ads.jpg

Yeah actually UI in SL is the new popups. Especially when they have 3 or 4 popping up in quick succession. Join my Group, Subscribe, and Oh here is a Landmark. I think they need to make a better system, that remembers if a user hits deny. So it doesn't keep coming back over and over again. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My Peeve of the Day:

• Maitreya body HUD
  • Maitreya add-ons HUD
  • Shoe HUD
  • Eyeshadow HUD
  • Lipstick HUD
  • Jewelry HUD

The Maitreya body HUD does have a minimize on it. I use it all the time. It's the only HUD besides the AO I've been too lazy to port to the built-in that remains on my screen 99% of the time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's like they are trying too hard to show the squish and lose a lot of natural feel to them. There comes a point where the squish looks like someone trying to wear something way too small for them

I wouldn't call that squish that's double boob i've experience it myself in the past and you only get that if you wear something that's too small

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

It's like they are trying too hard to show the squish and lose a lot of natural feel to them. There comes a point where the squish looks like someone trying to wear something way too small for them.. Like trying to squeeze into  those high school jeans, when you just know it's gonna take some grease.. hehehe

With some skins the juicy bewbies look good from the front..

From the side, it looks like there should be a gag ball in the middle of the top. They just look like someone has a rope in the middle of them with their foot on your back pulling back hard..

Ngl why does it matter? Not everyone has to fit into your box of standards. I mean it's not harming you in any way, people can wear whatever they want. But I mean you can choose who can be your friend. But it's like that body debate, which is very menial. 

Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

I wouldn't call that squish that's double boob i've experience it myself in the past and you only get that if you wear something that's too small

Double boob - that's like people with extra "fluffy" bodies, that when wearing a bra gives them "back-boobs".

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

The Maitreya body HUD does have a minimize on it. I use it all the time. It's the only HUD besides the AO I've been too lazy to port to the built-in that remains on my screen 99% of the time.

I usually just take off the HUDs when not in use. There is no need to use script space if you are not using it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Yep, I've had that too when I've put on a few pounds and try to squish the girls into a too small bra.

I've demoed them and they really aren't as bad as I thought they might be.  Since I'm trying to transition over to the Reborn body, I might even buy them!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Giant bazongas that defy gravity and barely fit into clothing, often. 

Oh ok.. Ya I think there is something made for Reborne that has those really ginormous bewbies.. They are like the size of half your avatar height.. Those are soo big.. hehehe

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Ngl why does it matter? Not everyone has to fit into your box of standards. I mean it's not harming you in any way, people can wear whatever they want. But I mean you can choose who can be your friend. But it's like that body debate, which is very menial. 

Sure whatever. 9_9

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yep, I've had that too when I've put on a few pounds and try to squish the girls into a too small bra.

I've demoed them and they really aren't as bad as I thought they might be.  Since I'm trying to transition over to the Reborn body, I might even buy them!

If you are using the velours, they have some nice Bom addons at their store for them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I usually just take off the HUDs when not in use. There is no need to use script space if you are not using it. 

I'm not always messing with the AO. I am constantly finding areas that need to be alpha-ed out because there's always that one tiny little bit you miss.

I don't waste script resources. Never have. I've always been one of the ones yelling at everyone else to stop hogging resources. 

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm not always messing with the AO. I am constantly finding areas that need to be alpha-ed out because there's always that one tiny little bit you miss.

I don't waste script resources. Never have. I've always been one of the ones yelling at everyone else to stop hogging resources. 

I keep my AO on as I use that all the time. But my head and body HUD come off when I am not using it. I noticed I got a massive jump in frame rate when I took them off after use. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Ya, the big bewbs I can see that happening. With smaller bewbs it looks the same, where less would be more.

They'll probably make more for other sizes..

I'm hoping they get to the point where there is a hud that we can adjust the amount of squish to fit more types of bodies..

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I keep my AO on as I use that all the time. But my head and body HUD come off when I am not using it. I noticed I got a massive jump in frame rate when I took them off after use. 

It makes no difference in my frame rate.

You're barking up the wrong tree.

But when is the booty squish coming? Let's go, chop chop!

I'm just over here chillin' and waiting for these trends to hurry and ramp up and flicker out so I can see some male heels/boots for the new Jake (and hopefully Legacy) feets sooner than later. 😄

corgi-dogs.gif

Just kidding - go on and enjoy your squishies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

My Peeve of the Day:

MAKE THEM SMALL! AND INCLUDE A BUTTON TO MINIMIZE THEM!........

I completely understand what you are talking about,  yet - with my growing inability to SEE ...   I have to say,  I appreciate a hud that isn't so small,  I can't see what I am clicking on.  I've had that problem as well.

The minimize button,  absolutely !!!!       

~*~

My pet peeve of the day:    Web pages that freeze up over and over....  I wonder how much time I spend  watching the spinning blue ball thing-a-ma-jiggy ..... spin........

Edited by Cali Souther
I can't type
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Favorite wearable folder.