46 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I am jealous that you have a Tele! Although were I ever to get another electric, it would be a Gibson, I think. Although I don't have huge hands, and their fretboards seem uncomfortably wide sometimes, that would be fun.

You know as well as I do that the ideal number of guitars to own is "one more than you currently have"

I'm moderately content at the moment though, having the "essential 4" at last.. 

6-string acoustic (Martin DCPA4)
12-string acoustic (Takamine EF381SC)
6-string electric (American Performer series Strat)
and FINALLY an electric 12, the Reverend Airwave 12.

(FINALLY because it took so long to find myself decent midrange electric 12 that I actually liked. Sue me but I actually don't like Rickenbackers, but the Reverend I can pick up and play without thinking about it and it sounds awesome)

I still intend to learn to play lap steel at some point though.

• Like 1

All in all, while I actually liked most of the Shop & Hop stores and the way they displayed the gifts, it did generate a lot of peeves/irritations for me.

ETA: Removed remainder of the post after talking to the store merchant.  The gift card was extra, not the actual free gift.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

All in all, while I actually liked most of the Shop & Hop stores and the way they displayed the gifts, it did generate a lot of peeves/irritations for me.

My main (and major) Shop & Hop peeve was the sheer size of the dang thing. I know, I shouldn't complain and I'm super super grateful for all the gifts, credits, and discounts that I definitely took advantage of (ahhhh I love my new jewelry, especially, wheee!), but oooooh boy will I be sorting this event folder (if I do that at all) for weeks. 

I just feel like 20 sims is so huge. I know it takes a lot of time and energy to organize these things, but maybe splitting them up into separate mini events throughout the year with 5-10 sims open at a time might feel less overwhelming.

Or maybe I'm just extra cranky this week. Dunno!

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Cleanup!
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Eddy Vortex said:

300L is too expensive for clothing textured from the Linden Library.

texturelol.thumb.jpg.142aba874f782f110716241984e74c3c.jpg

Why did I gamble on something with no demos? I needed a particular style to fit the Tweenster body and no other store has anything similar.

You'd think I'd learn by now. 🤦‍♂️ Don't make the same mistake I did. Remember kids: No demo, no buy.

Imagines "No demo, no buy" sung to the tune of "No Woman, No Cry".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

My main (and major) Shop & Hop peeve was the sheer size of the dang thing. I know, I shouldn't complain and I'm super super grateful for all the gifts, credits, and discounts that I definitely took advantage of (ahhhh I love my new jewelry, especially, wheee!), but oooooh boy will I be sorting this event folder (if I do that at all) for weeks. 

I just feel like 20 sims is so huge. I know it takes a lot of time and energy to organize these things, but maybe splitting them up into separate mini events throughout the year with 5-10 sims open at a time might feel less overwhelming.

Or maybe I'm just extra cranky this week. Dunno!

Shop and Hop is starting to become as much work as the Twisted Hunt used to be.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Shop and Hop is starting to become as much work as the Twisted Hunt used to be.

This is why I didn't do it this year. How many evenings would that have wasted?

And I still have stuff I haven't unpacked from last year's!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Imagines "No demo, no buy" sung to the tune of "No Woman, No Cry".

LOL. That's hilarious. Now I won't be able to get that song with the altered lyrics out of my head - thanks! 😝

I'm actually quite guilty of buying things without demos, though! The first time I did that inworld in recent history, I was NOT disappointed. Omg the quality of the outfit was a whole galaxy beyond what I was expecting. The reason the seller doesn't make demos is most of her outfits contain a bunch of worn mesh objects and BOM or applier accessories (and hair and a skin and particle emitters, in some cases) to put the entire costume together, which is understandable IMO. I took a chance that first time regardless and wow. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything she makes going forward without even giving a second thought about the fit/texture/color/quality. I own a bunch of her stuff now.

Another time was...well...today. My Shop & Hop jewelry heeeeeey *wiggles hands wiggles...neck?*. In that case, I had a free gift card so...yolo! Again, not at all disappointed. Feeling cute, might even top up this gift card. *wiggles*

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I ran my alt through the stores that were giving away gift cards/credit only (using the direct TP links on the main announcement page). Had that done in minutes. There was NO way I was tackling a whoooole 20 sims on two different accounts wooo boy.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I ran my alt through the stores that were giving away gift cards/credit only (using the direct TP links on the main announcement page). Had that done in minutes. There was NO way I was tackling a whoooole 20 sims on two different accounts wooo boy.

Clever plan! 

20 sims is just . . . nuts.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hate unpacking boxes where the creator has went overboard on the boxing..

I have one creator that I won't shop at anymore because it took me over an hour and a half to unpack like 5 products I bought from them.. lol

It was like a box in a box, finally fatpack box level.. Then unpacking the fatpack there was every color of the fatpack in a box, then unpacking color, there was 5 mesh body versions of one color.

Half way through, I was ripping my hair out and cursing the creator so bad.. LOL

I was like, NEVER AGAIN!!\o/

hehehe

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Clever plan! 

20 sims is just . . . nuts.

I kept the list of stores if you want it. Then at least you could grab some stuff, take a peek around the sims you land in, and call it a day. I could paste them into a notecard and send em to ya inworld or wherever. Just lemme know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

You know as well as I do that the ideal number of guitars to own is "one more than you currently have"

I'm moderately content at the moment though, having the "essential 4" at last.. 

6-string acoustic (Martin DCPA4)
12-string acoustic (Takamine EF381SC)
6-string electric (American Performer series Strat)
and FINALLY an electric 12, the Reverend Airwave 12.

(FINALLY because it took so long to find myself decent midrange electric 12 that I actually liked. Sue me but I actually don't like Rickenbackers, but the Reverend I can pick up and play without thinking about it and it sounds awesome)

I still intend to learn to play lap steel at some point though.

I have 3 guitars. HE has somewhere around 20. He's gotta start selling again. Or the next one will be wrapped around his neck! IF there is a next one. 🥾

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

One day, one store, 10 minutes tops was all I spent there.  Honestly, I've rarely found anything worth the time and effort as far as gifts go.  I'd rather spend $2 and purchase something at a store that I actually love.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I kept the list of stores if you want it. Then at least you could grab some stuff, take a peek around the sims you land in, and call it a day. I could paste them into a notecard and send em to ya inworld or wherever. Just lemme know!

That would be lovely! If it's not too much work, I'd appreciate it. But don't do it if it takes too long.

Thanks Ayashe!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That would be lovely! If it's not too much work, I'd appreciate it. But don't do it if it takes too long.

Thanks Ayashe!

It'll take literally 30 seconds!

*elevator music*

Sent! It's sloppy and random (they don't all have expiration dates because I kept forgetting to pay attention to that text in local!) but there ya go! 😂

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hate unpacking boxes where the creator has went overboard on the boxing..

I have one creator that I won't shop at anymore because it took me over an hour and a half to unpack like 5 products I bought from them.. lol

It was like a box in a box, finally fatpack box level.. Then unpacking the fatpack there was every color of the fatpack in a box, then unpacking color, there was 5 mesh body versions of one color.

Half way through, I was ripping my hair out and cursing the creator so bad.. LOL

I was like, NEVER AGAIN!!\o/

hehehe

Yes! It's bad enough even when they're HUD boxes, but there are a few merchants who still do this with boxes you have to rez. 

I remember one instance a couple of years ago, rezzing boxes that were inside boxes on my sky platform, until I was surround be this sea of identically textured prims, and almost couldn't move. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It'll take literally 30 seconds!

*elevator music*

Sent! It's sloppy and random (they don't all have expiration days because I kept forgetting to pay attention to that text in local!) but there ya go! 😂

You're a queen! 👸

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yes! It's bad enough even when they're HUD boxes, but there are a few merchants who still do this with boxes you have to rez. 

I remember one instance a couple of years ago, rezzing boxes that were inside boxes on my sky platform, until I was surround be this sea of identically textured prims, and almost couldn't move. Ugh.

I really appreciate the creators that used the, Which body would you like to unpack for, Huds.

Omg, you mean I only have to unpack one version?    😭Starts to cry tears of joy and happiness

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A larger portion of the merchants at least put out a picture of the gift or named it in such that you had an idea of what it was - rather than the few gifts titled "SL19B Shop&Hop Gift" that I got.  This let me pick & choose a lot more, so while my gift folder is overflowing, it isn't quite as bad as previous Shop & Hop events.

I was also on vacation for 8 of the days of the SL19B stuff, with a laptop that I would not subject to either the Shop & Hop or the BDay regions, so I did the BDay region stuff before vacation (because that ended on the 5th) and then did the Shop & Hop this past week after getting back from vacation.  I think I ended up with a total of 5 or 6 days/nights hitting the Shop & Hop.

I must have been in more of a shopping mood too -- I spend quite a bit more than I have in the past few years.

A few of the Credits/Gift Cards didn't mention an expiration date, and most of the others are roughly end of July.  However, I do have a couple that are only good thru the 15th or so.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think I ended up with a total of 5 or 6 days/nights hitting the Shop & Hop.

Your dedication and resilience is an inspiration. Whew.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I must have been in more of a shopping mood too -- I spend quite a bit more than I have in the past few years.

I have had years where I've gone a bit over-the-top. It's so easy to get sort of swept up in the spirit of it! It's a fair! A carnival! A holiday! The normal rules don't apply!

On the plus side, I have discovered some really excellent new creators that way!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I really appreciate the creators that used the, Which body would you like to unpack for, Huds.

Omg, you mean I only have to unpack one version?    😭Starts to cry tears of joy and happiness

Because I'm not always terribly bright, the first time I got one of these I was utterly confused. "Freya? I only get one body, and it's one I don't even use????"

I figured it out eventually. Yeah, it's a really good system.

But it requires at least a moderate degree of intelligence, which on any given day is not necessarily available to me.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 2