I Am Running For President Of Second Life 2022

AmberJoyBliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, AmberJoyBliss said:

Doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever.

while I'm being silly with my ad's and cookie promises,  SL is ran by LL, LL is never going to let you or any one else governance their platform, I hope you are using satire,  because I'm worried this topic will go to the fishes and well lose the fun we've had in here.

7 hours ago, AmberJoyBliss said:

Doesn't mean it has to stay that way forever.

1. Convince LL to become a Public Corporation with publicly held shares ("stock shares").

2. Buy shares of the public Corporation's stock.

3. Form a "voting block" with other shareholders, with enough votes to a) influence the Board of Directors, b) directly control the direction of the Corporation, or c) put yourself or a proxy on the Board of Directors of the Corporation.

4. Set the LL Rules as you like to allow any "public" voting as you desire, and/or just set the direction of the Corporation however you like.

Easy Peasy!

You're welcome!

Sorry, I had assumed you may know how "Publicly held" Corporations work. 

(ETA: My understanding is that LL is a "Privately held Corporation", so you will need to do #1 first.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do we REALLY think the OP was serious? I assumed that part is either delusion or a lie. Sorry!

I asked.  She said yes, it was serious.

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

1. Convince LL to become a Public Corporation with publicly held shares ("stock shares").

I'll consider voting for a president of SL only AFTER the above is achieved otherwise...yeah, move it to the Role Play section.

• Like 2

Just now, Rowan Amore said:
5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do we REALLY think the OP was serious? I assumed that part is either delusion or a lie. Sorry!

I asked.  She said yes, it was serious.

Yeah, I remembered. That's why I said "maybe..lying?" in a different thread. Even though "lie" is a "bad word" dontcha know.

12 hours ago, AmberJoyBliss said:

Update: Campaign HQ has just been rezzed, and will be completed in the coming days.

The website is up and running with more content coming asap.

Chief Of Staff is already hired.

Opening party soon with your's truly as DJ. Last set I did in SL recently was 10 hours and 30 minutes. This time I am going for 12 hours minimum.

Someone asked here why elect me? I get things done.

...yawns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, AmberJoyBliss said:

Update: Campaign HQ has just been rezzed, and will be completed in the coming days.

The website is up and running with more content coming asap.

Chief Of Staff is already hired.

Opening party soon with your's truly as DJ. Last set I did in SL recently was 10 hours and 30 minutes. This time I am going for 12 hours minimum.

Someone asked here why elect me? I get things done.

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Shiloh Lyric said:

I come to Second Life to get away from RL stuff. Like Politics.

I agree ... however this isn't really politics. It is satire. She isn't really running for anything. It is just for laughs and giggles so it is completely fine. Now if people were saying talking about Trump or Biden etc ... I would also be saying hey hold the horses. We don't need this talk here. But no it is just funny and amusing. 

Edited by Sorina Garrigus
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sorina Garrigus said:

I agree ... however this isn't really politics. It is satire. She isn't really running for anything. It is just for laughs and giggles so it is completely fine. Now if people were saying talking about Trump or Biden etc ... I would also be saying hey hold the horses. We don't need this talk here. But no it is just funny and amusing. 

Except...

On 9/12/2022 at 10:10 AM, Rowan Amore said:

So, just to clarify...this was an actual serious post about running for President of SL?  

On 9/12/2022 at 1:47 PM, AmberJoyBliss said:

Of course. 

• Like 1

I want a unicorn.

Like, for realz.

So it can spear with it's magical one horn the nasty squirrels that ravage the veggie gardens outside my window. And then it smiles at me and makes rainbows.

Can I get that added to a ballot, please?

PS. [stamps heel] Not satire! Stop snickering.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

To all those who are annoyed over my post: Do you live in a home? Can you afford to eat? If the answer to both questions is yes, you are very fortunate. If I really annoy you this much, you should take a break from the internet, appreciate life while you still have it and then come back and simply forget that I exist. ❤️

2 minutes ago, AmberJoyBliss said:

To all those who are annoyed over my post: Do you live in a home? Can you afford to eat? If the answer to both questions is yes, you are very fortunate. If I really annoy you this much, you should take a break from the internet, appreciate life while you still have it and then come back and simply forget that I exist. ❤️

Well here is the thing, instead of telling people to shut up and trying to invalidate dissenting opinions. Why don't you try to understand why people don't like this. Also what does having a home and being able to afford to eat have to do with running for the president of SL? 

• Thanks 1

Will there be a need for VP? A cabinet? How will the role of President differ from Prime Minister, something I hope to run for. How can us wealthy folks with a home and food contribute through some SuperPAC or something to twist the laws into something that will keep us in power in the background? Oh, do you need like a head of state police? Will it be a democracy or more of a benevolent authoritarian regime? How will you handle the homeless problem and unaffordable land crisis? How to parks and green spaces fit into your agenda? What about crime in sims an cleaning up some of the more morally problematic stuff? Can we get a more strict dress code as well, like have you seen the ankles showing here?

Platform details, please!

PS. I appreciate humour lots, so having fun right here, thanks.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.