Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

$4400 in an oversaturated market? Ouch. They may be Belleza but even that may hurt them. Competitive prices will get you further these days, and Prima are cheaper from what I can see.

We shall see, though. I know my excitement dropped like a brick lmao.

Prima is cheaper, but Prima has partnered with not a blessed soul and doesn't have a Velour, Glam Affair, or The Skinnery body skin on day of launch. You get what you pay for is a thing, and people who are invested in looking good don't hesitate to spend.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Prima is cheaper, but Prima has partnered with not a blessed soul and doesn't have a Velour, Glam Affair, or The Skinnery body skin on day of launch. You get what you pay for is a thing, and people who are invested in looking good don't hesitate to spend.

I would almost buy your argument, but many of the bodies out there are overpriced crap, to be blunt.  Just because you spend 5k on a turd doesn't magically make it not a turd.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That is a good point.

I've yet to be able to get in for a demo, and as much as I love Belleza, from what i've been seeing/hearing i'll probably end up just sticking with my Reborn. Those V deformers someone mentioned do help the butt a lot.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Modulated said:

I would almost buy your argument, but many of the bodies out there are overpriced crap, to be blunt.  Just because you spend 5k on a turd doesn't magically make it not a turd.

And what have you successfully created, completed, and marketed in SL?

I'm taking a wait and see approach, because I'm content with what I have. But I think this particular body is well worth the full price if it meets the needs of the person purchasing it. 

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I switched BOM on and used my Maitreya Velour skin with basically no problems. 

Thank you hehehe

I had my reborn velour on and had a seam line going down the inner arm, but switched to Maitreya velour and  it went away..

Just glad I can still use this one for now. :)

There is just a little bit in the toes where they are off, But Izzie's should have something for that I believe..

10 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

That is a good point.

I've yet to be able to get in for a demo, and as much as I love Belleza, from what i've been seeing/hearing i'll probably end up just sticking with my Reborn. Those V deformers someone mentioned do help the butt a lot.

I got mine at Narcodix...

2 hours ago, Janet Voxel said:

You can get it at Addams and Narcodix mainstore

• Thanks 1

I guess I must have missed somewhere in the thread where someone said this body is no mod.. Not that I mess with them too much, but I know it's a turn off for many people..

The 56 skins that come with it, those are terrible.. there is one pack that is labeled freckles which, something is really strange going on with those..

The other pack is I guess supposed to be without freckles.. But it looks like the same as the freckles, but like they tried to pull the freckles off and left indents  where they used to be on the upper half.. Then just decided to stop there and leave the bottom half of the body , with freckles.. hehehehehe

This is everythign that is supposed to come with the body..

1028079985_RLVSetup1_019.thumb.png.08db08c685e456cb73964269cf0aedc6.png

• Thanks 1

I'm going to hold off on trying to review the body for a little bit. I will give the launch a 6 out of 10 though, because the sim was full at exactly 8 SLT and it's probably going to be full for the next week. They were smart enough to have alternate places to demo and buy the body, but...the full sim is the only place you can buy anything for it except for the few things you might be able to pick up at the other fairs that are currently open. No cam sim....NO CAM SIM!!! I expect that to change in the next couple of days as more events open up, but for right now walking around with a bra and panties just isn't me. I'm a little disappointed at Velour if anything because they don't have the skin at the mainstore. I need dat.

A couple of hot takes:

The price- I'm good with the price. I bought both and I'm pretty sure anybody that wants the body will be willing to pay for it, even for both. It's not a deal, but it was about what I expected. A discount would've been nice...buuuut, oh well. Judging how packed that event is going to be for the next few days I think a lot of people are good with the price too.

The Body- I haven't played with the classic yet, but the curvy is nice. Upper body is good, no noodle arms, shoulders and underarms look great. The breasts are full, they're up there with Legacy's. The lower body, it's a Freya butt. It's basically a Freya upgrade. I can't comment on the feet, but I'm guessing they did something with the UV so I'm thinking you really, really need a skin designed for the body to get the full effect. Which is why I'm holding off on reviewing it. The body scales well, which is always a plus for me.

Right now, I'm in the I'll wear Ebody for a little while longer boat. I said that a couple days ago, i was kinda prepared for that. As more stuff comes out for it, I'll probably switch over. I think its going to shake up who's creating for what body though. So the next few months are going to tell the tale. For now though, it's going back in the box until I can actually shop for it....which will probably be sometime next week lol.

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I guess I must have missed somewhere in the thread where someone said this body is no mod.. Not that I mess with them too much, but I know it's a turn off for many people..

The mod version will be released as an update, according to the moderator in the discord. It's just not ready for launch today.

. . .y'all know how I just said I was going to hold off? I keep playing with the demo on my pose platform. Send help.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

The mod version will be released as an update, according to the moderator in the discord. It's just not ready for launch today.

. . .y'all know how I just said I was going to hold off? I keep playing with the demo on my pose platform. Send help.

I already broke down and got the curvy ..LOL

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, colleen Criss said:

You mean like Kalhene Erika?

Nope, I have Kalhene Erika on an alt, and it definitely can't get as skinny as Legacy or Maitreya and mostly fits exaggerated pear shapes that are currently trendy. Not to mention that it has nowhere as much clothing. I still like it, but it is what it is.

If someone manages to get into the main event, could you please tag me if you happen to see the Boys to the Bone jumpsuit and let me know if it comes in Maitreya and/or Legacy Male? The text on the Seraphim photo is too tiny to read.

I'd be ever so grateful. 😄❤️

As for the Gen X bodies themselves, I'll wait and see what happens with them. If they change the tail attachment point. If mods start being made for it. How many fantasy skins start coming out. Etc. etc. etc. I'm in no rush for an upgrade!

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The 56 skins that come with it, those are terrible.. there is one pack that is labeled freckles which, something is really strange going on with those..

The other pack is I guess supposed to be without freckles.. But it looks like the same as the freckles, but like they tried to pull the freckles off and left indents  where they used to be on the upper half.. Then just decided to stop there and leave the bottom half of the body , with freckles.. hehehehehe

This is everythign that is supposed to come with the body..

1028079985_RLVSetup1_019.thumb.png.08db08c685e456cb73964269cf0aedc6.png

The skins in the HUD look absolutely grotesque. Like someone with a skin disease or aged and marred skin. Happy Halloween, I guess?

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I already broke down and got the curvy ..LOL

I got Classic. I had to restrain myself from buying both.

I managed to get into the sim, so picked up a (very) few items. A couple of body skins from Be.Roan (2 of my fav appliers from them) and DeeTalez because I wear a lot of their stuff. One pair jeans, a couple of tops. Oh and GOS shoes because duh, of course :P

But no bathing suits. Kind of surprised. Tons of lingerie though. 

• Like 1

For anyone who can't get in to Belleza, Addams has it as well (because they've done the Lingerie and they also have some new exclusive outfits for it).

I've tried demos of both and I like them both. They're both versatile with the sliders, both will go slim and both will go curvy, though obviously the Classic will go more slim and the Curvy will go more curvy. Both will do my thick shape quite nicely except for the really skinny arms.

M22_371.thumb.jpg.9d2b164409d9556a448017e20be31706.jpg

Yes, thats as thick as those upper arms will go, at 100 muscle. Bleh.

2 hours ago, DemeraraGirl said:

I did a comparison between Maitreya, Legacy and Gen-X Classic, all wearing my Maitreya shape. In the end, I think that the Gen-X is more close to Legacy than Maitreya body. I'm wearing Skinnery body skin for Maitreya.

I actually had some success with a few items of Legacy fit clothing. There's some clipping around the hips and thighs for pants and around the armpits for tops, but the alpha hud handles that.  Alpha layers don't work and there's no switch on the hud for turning on masked mode, but as long as the full price body is mod, that's an easy edit.

So... yes. The Classic is an ideal body for Legacy-lovers.

The Curvy one is sized between Freya and Erika in bust and butt. Compared with Reborn, it's got a smaller butt and bigger bust.  I couldn't find any clothing that came anywhere close, even with extensive use of alphas. It can wear Reborn pants but only because there's a half-mile of space between the body's butt and the pants.

Best fit for shoes on both bodies is Maitreya, though it's hit and miss depending on style. They fit nicely along the sole and back of heel but the top of the foot is a bit higher.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Yes, thats as thick as those upper arms will go, at 100 muscle. Bleh.

Forearms are thicker than shoulders...weird.

The price is too damn high, and honestly I don't see it as an upgrade to Freya. Shame they decided to release completely new bodies instead of properly marketing and updating the older ones like Maitreya did. I can understand Ebody doing it, because Classic/Curvy weren't successful, but Freya was one of the top bodies at some point.

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Well, I got the demo. They rigged the ***** to the tail bones. It's unusable for furries (or humans/variants) with bento tails, so way to go immediately eliminating the part of SL that really loves moddable bodies.

God, just the notion of using such a commonly used bone rather than the hind legs...

edit: It's also 500k triangles, which one might have some strong opinions about, even if it's not up to Legacy numbers.

I do have feels about 500K triangles. Does the HUD have a bazillian alpha cuts? Why is that necessary when we have BOM?   Isn't Maitreya under 200K tris?   

I'm thinking of switching which avatar I use as my main, so I'm in the market for a body.  But I haven't looked at bodies for ages, is there a particular blog which does good reviews/comparisons?

Free marketing advice: for Belleza:

• -- Come out with an update VERY soon which fixes the rigging so bento tails can be used.  There will probably be a couple more quick fixes.
  • -- Promise a later upgrade with more optimized mesh to get the tris count down
  • -- Have a short sale with a deep discount for these bodies on Thanksgiving or Halloween weekend to get a LOT of these into people's hands before Christmas.  Let creators know ahead of time that it's coming, so they can get a LOT of clothes etc. ready for Christmas.  In this market, the main driver for acceptance is availability of clothes.

Does anyone have any feedback on the new body's HUD?  My partner really loathed the Jake HUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.