Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

I don't really expect anyone to continue rigging for Freya because it has after all been deprecated. That's not an issue because there's years worth of clothing for it, and I don't imagine anyone is going to bother removing old stuff from vendors.

But GenX Curvy doesn't have that existing selection and is only 0.3% ahead of Freya, so seems at equal risk of being discontinued. As a Freya user, that's not giving me any incentive to switch even at a reduced price. Plus Freya is mod, so will hopefully be PBR-proof.

(Tonic users also appear to be refusing to upgrade to Prima, which is unsurprising. My Tonic alt ended up getting a Maitreya for Black Friday, though she switches back when she wants to wear her old Slink shoes.)

Ya, I picked up the Prima.. I didn't even realize I had the Tonic body before.. hehehe

But since I did it gave me the discount to get the prima for like 2k I think.. Since it was only 2k and I liked how the body wore, I grabbed it..

I could have gotten more value  from my money if I threw it in the street and someone else picked it up and used it for another body.. hehehehe

There was nothing of any quality being made for that body.. If you looked at their flickr at the time, they had less than a handfull of things in total for that body, a lot of things on their flickr you couldn't even get.. The creator had this beautiful swimsuit that they didn't even put on the market, but used to show off the body..

out of all the releases in the past 5 years, that release was probably the worst of them all.. They had no promotion and released on the same exact day as the GenX bodies.. hehehe

GenX had this whole big even, while Prima release was at Wunderlust or one of those Wunder events.. They didn't even have the landing point booths.. They stuffed it in one of the outside booths off in a corner somewhere that I had to circle the place twice to even find  the booth.. hehehe

I'm just glad it only cost me 2k.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That might be bodies they are noticing entering the store.. They probably have something  that detects what bodies people are wearing.. Since they rig for so many bodies and you get all the versions in the pack, it would be hard to tell which body someone is buying for, I would think.

It was a Google Docs survey. It got posted to the Belleza Discord server and likely made the rounds elsewhere.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is data from their survey of over 3000 customers. I forget the exact number, but it's on their Flickr page. They also said customers should see very little difference in the bodies they'll have clothes for.

It's true they don't remove sizes for older bodies and they keep older outfits available - mostly on the upper floor - and they cost less than the new clothes.

Ah ok, I'm still on my first cup of the day, so I must have breezed right by that.. My eyes see graph and it's like deer in headlights.. hehehe

They are really nicely priced and they have good quality things.. Mega packs are like in the 2k range which might get you a decent pair of panties  at any event, If you like puffy kitty..LOL

The really nice thing is, I can still wear my older things from years ago and they wear so well today..A lot of things from there blow away a lot of the things you see made today even that are being way over priced for less things.. 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, Jennifer Boyle said:

I would have agreed with that for a long time, until I found this.

I went and got this one for my other bodies, for Maitreya it doesn't work on the butt, I guess because the bones are rigged different than a lot of the other bodies..I still have the Session V hud for my Maitreya butt which works great, so that's fine. I can still use the Raven for other parts of the Maitreya body which is nice.:)

Plus it works really nice for my other bodies that are rigged differently than Maitreya.. I really like it..

Thank you again for the link.:)

• Like 1

Belleza really dropped the ball when it made that Gen.X event a one time only thing.  Much like Reborn has made theirs a monthly event, Belleza should have done so.  Maybe they tried and didn't get enough designers on board? 

I bought the Classic and haven't worn it for several months because I just can't get enough clothing that I like for it.  My favorite designers are just not creating for that body.  

As it stands I will eventually purchase Reborn, deform the heck out of it, and then redeliver 10,000 clothing items that have added Reborn to existing outfits. That's going to be fun. /snark

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Belleza really dropped the ball when it made that Gen.X event a one time only thing.  Much like Reborn has made theirs a monthly event, Belleza should have done so.  Maybe they tried and didn't get enough designers on board? 

I bought the Classic and haven't worn it for several months because I just can't get enough clothing that I like for it.  My favorite designers are just not creating for that body.  

As it stands I will eventually purchase Reborn, deform the heck out of it, and then redeliver 10,000 clothing items that have added Reborn to existing outfits. That's going to be fun. /snark

I had a notice today that said a Belleza event starts tomorrow.

https://www.gridaffairs.com/event/the-belleza-event-may-june-2023/

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I think they still have all the vendors up from the release event out in front of their store.. I know they did the last time I was there which might have been almost a month ago..

I got the Curvy myself back at release and ya, I feel your pain.. I haven't really worn mine much at all since that first month or so, other than to check out the updates..

You'll be much happier  in Reborn for sure.. It's pretty much all over the place and getting where shopping for it is easy shopping, like shopping is easy for Maitreya.. It's just a good chance your body will show up on the list in the item you are interested in..:)

GenX might catch a groove over time, but I don't think it'll outperform Freya for a good while in content, if ever..

On 5/28/2023 at 8:13 PM, Rowan Amore said:

I had a notice today that said a Belleza event starts tomorrow.

https://www.gridaffairs.com/event/the-belleza-event-may-june-2023/

I just took a quick romp through out of curiosity. The Belleza Gen X Classic and Curvy Regular Versions are on sale 50% off. Lite and Premium are still full price, as are the add-ons. Belleza skins are also discounted, according to the announcement on Discord.

As for the stuff available at the event, I didn't see anything that'd sway me over. Oh, and there's a giveaway board you can slap (if you join the group) for some chances to win the Curvy.

The event is going to run for 3 months, supposedly.

• Thanks 1

Wonder why they decided to only put the Regular versions on sale when all 3 versions were half off just a few days ago on the weekend. I did finally pick up Classic Lite for half off this weekend, I didn't buy any new clothes for it but I had enough in my inventory already to be happy. Not planning to use it as a main body or anything but the slim and petite shapes I could make with it were unique enough that the variety was worth it for me, at half off anyways.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I went to Belleza this morning to get my mAlt a Jake body, because the things I want him to model look terribad on his TMP, and happened to see a sale on GenX too. So I finally got my GenX Classic Lite for 1550L. I knew exactly what i wanted so didn't check the prices on the others, but there are big sale banners everywhere, seems like more than one version might be discounted at the moment.

Now to redeliver all my KC Couture shoes...

Edited by BookishMelinoe
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

It really annoys me that apparently nobody makes the basics for new bodies. What I wouldn't give for a basic black dress and regular jeans for the Gen X...

Blueberry makes some regular (high waisted) jeans for Gen X.  Mine are called Daisy and came in one of those weekend deals, I think.  Just Because and Lilleth Mills have some LBDs for Gen X.  Belleza also has a new collaborator and is selling clothing under that name now, so I'd keep an eye on new releases.   Now if we could only get Ison and Coco on board with Gen X.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

It really annoys me that apparently nobody makes the basics for new bodies. What I wouldn't give for a basic black dress and regular jeans for the Gen X...

I seem to only be able to get pretty basic-looking stuff for these bodies, it is why I don't wear them on my main despite owning both versions.

16 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

"Best we can do is a dress showing way too much skin and jeans that are shoved all the way up ya asscrack"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

50% off again on GenX bodies if anyone is interested. 😀 I don't know when the sale price ends.

I gave GenX Curvy a pass a while ago and just revisited it again. I'm kinda liking it except for the legs (I prefer a bit of tone). IMO the Squishy add-on runs circles around Reborn's Juicy Boobs. If only there was more creator support out there.  I could never get the Juicy Boobs to work for me, they seemed to make the breasts look too vertically long if that makes sense.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.